Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
254 views
Hello

I have a grid that i want to insert new rows into but i dont want the rows committing to the database. This is the top of my grid.
Is this possible?
<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="grdInvoiceLines" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                GridLines="Both" ShowFooter="true" ShowHeader="true" AllowMultiRowSelection="false" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"
            AllowAutomaticInserts="True" PageSize="10" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" OnItemUpdated="grdInvoiceLines_ItemUpdated"
            OnItemDeleted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemDeleted" OnItemInserted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemInserted" OnDataBound="grdInvoiceLines_DataBound">
                <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="InvoiceLineId" CommandItemDisplay="Top" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="true"
                    EditMode="InPlace" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True">

I want to store the inserted values in viewstate. 

Thanks In advance

<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="grdInvoiceLines" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                GridLines="Both" ShowFooter="true" ShowHeader="true" AllowMultiRowSelection="false" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"
            AllowAutomaticInserts="True" PageSize="10" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" OnItemUpdated="grdInvoiceLines_ItemUpdated"
            OnItemDeleted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemDeleted" OnItemInserted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemInserted" OnDataBound="grdInvoiceLines_DataBound">
                <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="InvoiceLineId" CommandItemDisplay="Top" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="true"
                    EditMode="InPlace" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True">
<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="grdInvoiceLines" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                GridLines="Both" ShowFooter="true" ShowHeader="true" AllowMultiRowSelection="false" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"
            AllowAutomaticInserts="True" PageSize="10" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" OnItemUpdated="grdInvoiceLines_ItemUpdated"
            OnItemDeleted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemDeleted" OnItemInserted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemInserted" OnDataBound="grdInvoiceLines_DataBound">
                <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="InvoiceLineId" CommandItemDisplay="Top" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="true"
                    EditMode="InPlace" AllowAutomatic
<im<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="grdInvoiceLines" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                GridLines="Both" ShowFooter="true" ShowHeader="true" AllowMultiRowSelection="false" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"
            AllowAutomaticInserts="True" PageSize="10" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" OnItemUpdated="grdInvoiceLines_ItemUpdated"
            OnItemDeleted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemDeleted" OnItemInserted="grdInvoiceLines_ItemInserted" OnDataBound="grdInvoiceLines_DataBound">
                <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="InvoiceLineId" CommandItemDisplay="Top" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="true"
                    EditMode="InPlace" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True">g src="http://www.telerik.com/Images/Forum/codeBlockV2.gif" img="" alt="">
Updates="True">
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
6 answers
319 views
Hello,

I'm looking for a way, but still didn't find, to get in javascript (client side) the current selected date of the scheduler.

Thank you.
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
1 answer
210 views
hi all,

we have a date column in the grid and when we export to excel, excel is treating it as a Date column, i want it to be treated as a normal string (general), is this possible in telerik grids export to excel functionality

Thanks -Nen
Nen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
1 answer
73 views
I dont see it in the Demos, but will the TreeList have any ClientSide functionality?

Plans for oData or asmx binding?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
1 answer
97 views
Hi,
  i have a problem in telerik scheduler, that is i didn't get the recurrence option while i am inserting the appointment. It displays only the save and cancel button. I need recurrence option to be enable. Please help me to get out of this problem. I am using Telerik version: RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010 & Dot Net version 3.5.please let me know as soon as possible
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
4 answers
141 views
Hello,
i'm trying to attach a radslider to a rad rotator so that I can visually show on the radslider which image of the rotator I'm on.

For instance, I have 5 images that the rotator rotates through and at the same time I have a slider that is numbered 1-5.  At the moment the rotator rotates to an image, I would like the 1 to be highlighted and so on and so forth.

can anyone show me how that's done or post some examples of what I need to do to accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
1 answer
156 views
hai,

these screen allow option pop up window not set the room datasource and at that time avoide duplicate appoinments. the appoinments created in class ,section wise and avoide duplicate appoinments.
                                                                             Please any one help me.......................
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
2 answers
207 views
I have a suggestion or two about the mark-up for the RadButton control.

At the moment, it is possible to include the ToggleStates element for a standard or link button. Likewise, it is possible to set the ToggleType attribute. What I'm about to suggest will, I think, make the mark-up a little more logical and, potentially, improve the functionality of the control overall.

First, I think that you should remove the "ToggleButton" option from the ButtonType attribute. A RadButton would be either a StandardButton or a LinkButton. The button (standard or link) takes on ToggleButton properties if it has a <ToggleStates> child element.

By default an RadButton would be a StandardButton unless, either, the ButtonType="LinkButton" or the <RadButtonToggleState> elements had a ImageUrl property.

The ToggleType property should be moved to the <ToggleStates> element as it has no relevance unless the button is to function as a ToggleButton.

So, you'd define a standard button with or without icons pretty much as you do now, and the same would go for a link button. But either (and the visual appearance wouldn't change unless the developer wanted it to) could be made in to a ToggleButton by simply adding <RadButtonToggleState> elements to the button's <ToggleStates> element. Creating a custom toggle button, like those in your examples, would work in the same way, but the user now has access to a standard-looking button that will toggle through a set of states just changing the text, or the icon or both.

I'm fairly confident that someone will tell me that it's too late now to change the code for the release of Q3, but I hope not. If, however, it is, I hope that you would consider introducing these changes, or something like them in a future release..

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
3 answers
107 views
I need to implement logic when the date block for a day within a scheduler month view is clicked.

According to the documentation, the "TimeSlotContextMenuItemClicked" should fire when that happens, but none of the available scheduler events are firing.

The "NavigationCommand" event fires when the day number is clicked (in the upper-left corner of the day block), but how do I wire up the date block itself?

Rich Sorensen
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
4 answers
130 views
Hi.

I'm using RadListbox with ItemTemplate property just as the sample in this link http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/listbox/examples/functionality/templates/defaultcs.aspx

Everything is working fine in IE but I have a problem in Firefox. If I pass my mouse over an item, it does not do something. So if I just leave the code like this:
<telerik:RadListBox ID="RadListBox1" runat="server" AutoPostBackOnTransfer="true" Height="200px" Width="215px"
                    SelectionMode="Multiple" DataValueField="IdTarjeta" Localization-ToLeft="Quitar forma de pago"
                    Localization-ToRight="Agregar forma de pago" AllowTransfer="true"
                    TransferToID="RadListBox2">

and if I check Firefox javascript console: It shows that Sys.InvalidOperationException:Could not find dnn_ctr405_wuc_Pagos_RadListBox2

If I delete AllowTransefer and TransferToID properties, it displays the mouseover effect.

Telerik version I am using is 2010.2.713.35

Thank you and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Regards,
Gerardo
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?