Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
117 views

I'm trying to use the RadComboBox with asp.net ajax webservice in ondemand mode.  If a client edits a record, i need to open an asp.net form in "edit" mode and display the current selected values.  How do i set the value and text on the RadComboBox?  The text part is easy, but the value property on the control is read only.

I'd preferably like to set the initial value like the code below.  Is this possible?

Entity e = db.lookupCustomerByID(100);
if(e != null)
{
RadComboBox1.Text = e.LastName;
RadComboBox1.Value = e.CutomerID;
}
B
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
4 answers
226 views
Hello,

Can you provide a server-side code sample that shows how to programatically move the selected node up or down in a treeview?

Thanks, Craig
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
1 answer
189 views
i want to add a new row either as a  second header or a new row at first position in the grid so that it remains at the top and the row remains at the first position even with paging (adding new row at databound event)
previously i was doing something like this with the gridview control

Table tbl = gvDownload.Rows[0].Parent as Table;
  GridViewRow gRow = new GridViewRow(-1, -1, DataControlRowType.DataRow, DataControlRowState.Insert);
then i was building the row by adding cell values individually and finally adding this row in the table.

i have also attached the screen shot of the grid implementing this functionality.

how i can do that with telerik grid?

Thanks,
Prashant
Prashant
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
3 answers
104 views
Hi,

I trying to make an function as set a "cut off point" i the RadEditor's content area.
The purpose is that only the content above that point will be display on the homepage.

I have se that function in wordpress <!--more--> tag.

Have sombody out there any good advice?

Best regards

Rune
Rune
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
2 answers
104 views
Hello
I have editable grid, with few RadComboBoxes. It is possible to set visibility or datasource of others RadComoboBoxes when one change selected index ? I'm asking because I don't see comboboxes in codebehind.
My Grid looks something like that:
<Grid>
     ......
     <MasterTableView>
           <EditFormSetting EditFormType="Template">
                 <FormTemplate>
                  //RadComboBoxes ....OnSelectedIndexChanged="...."
                 </FormTemplate>
         </EditFormSettings>
</MasterTableView>
</Grid>
Konrad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
2 answers
228 views
Is it possible to delay the display of a RadAjaxLoadingPanel, something similar to the AjaxToolkit ModalPopupExtender's "DisplayAfter" property? I can't seem to find anything about such a thing.

Thanks.
Ivan Queiroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
1 answer
127 views
Hello. 

I need some suggestions/ideas...

I use a RadComboBox with "EnableLoadOnDemand=true" and a web service. With these settings I cannot change the value of the property "AllowCustomText": it cannot be different from true as explained here:  http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/cannot-disable-allowcustomtext-load-on-demand.html.

The problem that I have is that the combo box displays a closed list, which means that it should not allow the user to select a value which is not in that list. But with the "AllowCustomText = true", nothing prevents the user from doing this. 

What can I do to tell the user that he/she has entered something not allowed ? Has anybody some ideas to do something nice in that case ?

I like what is done here http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/autocompleteclientside/defaultcs.aspx when "AllowCustomText = false" : the user cannot enter letters when there is no match in the combo box. 

Note that I have tried what is proposed in the above link but this is not OK since there is no call to the web server when the user enter some text in the combo box. 

Thierry
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
6 answers
151 views
Hi,
I'm using Telerik Ajax Manager/RadAjaxPanel/RadAjaxLoadingPanel inside SharePoint 2010 Webparts.

The problem is that the AjaxLoadingPanel is displayed just after the second request.
In the first request the website loads normal without any LoadingPanel.

How can I fix this error ?

Thanx and regards
Stephan
USI
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
2 answers
135 views
HI,

I am facing a JavaScript error in my RadTabStrip and am not able to make head or tails of it. Help! This is what I am trying to achieve.

WebPage  (Has RadAjaxManagerProxy and no JavaScript)
RadTabStrip
---Tab 1
------User entry Input Boxes
------Next and Previous Navigation buttons
---Tab 2
------Custom User Control containing RadListView (This control has RadAjaxManagerProxy and no JavaScript)
------Next and Previous Navigation buttons

Idea is that User cannot directly go to Tab2 (Tab disabled) unless Tab1 is filled and validated. To go to Tab2 User will have to click on the Next button on Tab1. On the Tab1, Next button click I call the following code:

int selectedIndex = RadTabStrip1.SelectedIndex;
RadTabStrip1.Tabs[selectedIndex+1].Selected = true;
RadMultiPage1.SelectedIndex = selectedIndex + 1;

The problem is that I get a general JavaScript ("undefined is null or not an object") error when ever I click on the Tab1 Next button and the User Control does not render correctly.  However, If I just click on Tab2 then I can see the User control correctly without any error.

Not sure what I am doing wrong and where to look. Please advise.

TIA
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
6 answers
220 views
Hi There,

I am trying to display a tooltip when a dynamically generated RadMenuItem is hovered over.

I'm using RadToolTipManager and am successfully populating the TargetControls list for each MenuItem using its CliemtID.

However whilst I can display a tool tip when testing with a simple Button the Menu is not triggering the AjaxUpdate at all. I believe this is due to the way the menu items are rendered (without an acutal ID).

I am not currently using a template for my menu and would prefer not to if I can get away with it.

Please let me know if there's a way to do this without templating my menu.

Cheers,

Kate
smriti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?