Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
86 views
Hi Experts,

I have a issue in my RADGRID, i have a sort column which is desc by default, arrow is showing as downarrow, when i click the column sorting happens but upper arrow is not displaying.

I'm using Grid inside the RadTabStrip..

Please provide solution 
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
4 answers
156 views

Query 1: I am using Hierarchal RadGrid(version: Telerik 2008). The Skin used is “Office2007”. The border line is not displaying properly for the nested rows(please refer the snapshot1) and also the grid background is not shown properly when we select even rows (please refer the snapshot2). Please give us the solution for this.

 

 

Query 2: For the RadGrid, Paging and Sorting is set to true. Suppose if we are in Page 3 and click on column to sort, Sorting will happen but it will remain in the same page(i.e. Page 3). But I want the grid to display Page 1 when sorting happens. Please let me know how to achieve this.

 

Thanks,

Nagendra

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
4 answers
256 views

Hi,
i want to prevent file deletion on click of "Cancel" from confirmation alert

<telerik:RadAsyncUpload ID="radUpload" runat="server" OnClientValidationFailed="validationFailed" TemporaryFileExpiration="5"        OnClientFileSelected="fileSelected" OnClientDeleting="fileDelete" OnClientFileUploaded ="fileUploaded">
</telerik:RadAsyncUpload>

function fileDelete(sender, args) {
     
        if (confirm("Are you sure to Delete the record?"))  {
            args._cancel = false;       
        }
        else {
            args.set_cancel(true);        
            //args._cancel = true;
            //sender._cancelEvent();
        }
    }

How to prevent file deletion on click of "Cancel" button.

On click of "Cancel" it is not not deleting from row, but actually file is deleted from control. So on click of Cancel button i want to prevent the file delete from control also.

Thanks,
Chandra.T

markhugy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
1 answer
146 views
Hello,

I have a problem with uploading big files such as media files (60 - 100MB each). It is very important to upload this files using the FileExplorer control (Please view the attached image f1). I can upload small files using this control, but when I try to upload the big files I recieve the window which is in the attached image (f2).
Here is my code:

<telerik:RadFileExplorer runat="server" ID="FileExplorer1" Width="500px" Height="500px"
                            OnClientItemSelected="OnClientItemSelected" >
                            <Configuration ViewPaths="~/Media/Cnsrts/" MaxUploadFileSize="200000000" UploadPaths="~/Media/Cnsrts/"
                                DeletePaths="~/Media/Cnsrts/" />
                        </telerik:RadFileExplorer>

Please, I need your help,
It is apprecited to send me the modified code.

Regards,
Bader
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
1 answer
95 views
I use RadMenu with customized theme in User Control in order to be able to re-use the same menu across the ASP.NET pages.

The problem with it is that it seems to download the theme every time each page is loaded, not caching anything, which causes the screen to flash some weird colors and content for a moment before it displays the properly formatted page.

What is the best way to re-use the same RadMenu with customized theme across the pages?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
1 answer
169 views
I'm using the Telerik.Web.UI version 2010.2.713.35 and in development server
is everything ok, but when i make a deploy to a production server
that already has an older version of telerik installed(in GAC) this error appear.
I've tried this steps above:
-Install the newer assembly in GAC, and reference it in web.config
-Put the newer dll telerik in bin folder.
In this two cases I've got the same error.
Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks

Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
2 answers
69 views
Hello,

Using VS2005 and version 2010-Q3 (2010.3.1124.20)

After upgrading to 2010-Q3 and re-deploying to production server (Windows Server 2008) I get:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]

Note that I have the following in my web.config which I used to get round the missing assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0 exception. This worked fine with 2010 Q2 but not anymore.
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.61025.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>

My Windows Server 2008 is out of the box. It does not have System.Web.Extensions version 1.0.61025.0 in the CAC.
Question:
1.  Do I need to install ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 ?
2.  Where can I find detailed info about what is needed on a production box for it to be able to host a Telerik app.

Note: I created a default Telerik web app using the widzard and I get the same 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0 exception on the production box.

Thanks.
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
1 answer
266 views
Hi!  I'm getting a SQL Exception error (invalid column name) when trying to filter on a GridHyperLinkColumn.  What I'm trying to do is show the name of a person in the column with a hyperlink to the person's email address.

Here's the code from the aspx page:
<telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlFields="Email1" UniqueName="Email1"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString
="mailto:{0}" DataTextField="Name"
HeaderText="Reviewer" SortExpression="Email1" ShowFilterIcon="false"
ShowSortIcon
="false" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" />

The stored procedure which populates the radgrid does pull back column names "Name" and "Email1".  The radgrid appears to display correctly in that I do see the names of people and if I click on one of the names my mail client does open up an email window with the person's name in the "To:" field.

However, when I attempt to filter on the column I receive the following error (regardless of whether I type in a person's name or email address:
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: 
Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. 
---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'Name'.

Is it possible to do this type of functionality GridHyperLink column where the data displayed comes from one column in a database table but the hyperlink ability uses another column in the database?

Thanks!
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
5 answers
306 views
Hello.

I've got a bit of problem. If I declare a column in a grid with a specific DataFormatString, then create an aggregate of it with FooterText, the text does not show up. So this code snippet below

<telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Column1" SortExpression="Column1"
                DataField="Column1" UniqueName="Column1" DataType="System.Decimal"
                DataFormatString="{0:$###,##0.00}" Aggregate="Sum" ItemStyle-Wrap="true" HeaderStyle-Wrap="false"
                FooterText="Total Column1: ">
                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" Wrap="True" />
                <FooterStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" Wrap="True" />
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>

would show the column with currency format but the will not show the right footer text. However, once I remove the DataFormatString setting, the footer text displays. However, I need to have the currency formatting in place. Is there a better way for me to do this, or are we not allowed to do this?

Thanks,
Ernest
Tomer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
1 answer
125 views
Currently all my data is being bound through a custom Hierarchy class, I'm having a bit of trouble expanding the structure to make the node I want visible... well... visible. I attempted to use MyTreeView.Nodes(MyIndex).Expanded = True directly after calling MyTreeView.DataBind() but it keeps telling me the index is out of range... but I'm fairly certain it is not. How would one go about expanding a single node of a TreeView without building it from scratch node by node.

* My Bad, I forgot the Node structure was recursive. So I really needed to be working off MyTreeView.Nodes(0). I worked up a little code to get the results I needed, where "selected" is a string value for the text associated with the node I want to expand to:

    Dim Node as RadTreeNode
    Node = rtvHierarchy.FindNodeByText(selected)
    Node.Selected = True
    Node = Node.ParentNode
    do while not (Node is Nothing)
      Node.Expanded = True
      Node = Node.ParentNode
    loop
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?