Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
350 views
Hello,

I am trying to create a daily appointment into rad scheduler by using code. As i want to achieve 2 possible scenarios 

a)  create a daily appointment that appears on the rad scheduler on every Monday till the end date of the appointment.
b)  create daily appointment that shows on the scheduler based on the time interval of day for example:- recurrence of appointment after 1,10,15,20,30,100 etc 

although i partially manage to complete the first scenario to recur appointment every monday but it showing only 3 recurrence in month instead of 4 times during the dates between 2/1/1010 and 3/1/2010.  this is my code which i am using to create the appointment can you tell me is i am doing something wrong... 

 DateTime startTime = new DateTime(2010, 2, 1, 9, 0, 0)

   // Creates a recurrence range, that specifies a limit of 4 occurrences for the appointment.
        RecurrenceRange range = new RecurrenceRange();
        range.Start = startTime;
        range.EventDuration = new TimeSpan(1, 0, 0);
        range.MaxOccurrences = 4;
        range.RecursUntil = DateTime.MaxValue;

      // Creates a recurrence rule to repeat the appointment every Monday.
        DailyRecurrenceRule rrule = new DailyRecurrenceRule(RecurrenceDay.Monday, range);
        
        Appointment recurringAppointments = new Appointment("1", Convert.ToDateTime("2/1/2010"), Convert.ToDateTime("3/15/2010"), "Recurring appointment", rrule.ToString(), null, RecurrenceState.Occurrence);
        recurringAppointments.RecurrenceRule = rrule.ToString();

        RadScheduler1.InsertAppointment(recurringAppointments);
        RadScheduler1.DataBind();

Also enclosing the screen shots that shows on 3 recurrence appointment in a month.

For the second scenario i am  doing everything the same just changing the daily recurrence rule  based on days such as 
 DailyRecurrenceRule rrule = new DailyRecurrenceRule(20, range);

 but if i have interval with more than 17 days its not showing recurring appointment... enclosing the second screenshot with filename: RecurrenceByDay for  your reference

Can you also please show me how to create a reference rule for weekly & monthly !

I look forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
Imran 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
1 answer
134 views
Dear Team,

I have a DataTable object containing 4 columns... I want to bind it to RadChart, and I need to display column no.1 that is date column on the x-axis. please tell me complete steps what i need to perform... when I bind datatable it displays series against 2,3,4 th columns but displays 1,2,3,4... on x-axis.
Thanks
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
5 answers
267 views
can someone plz tell me how can i get the readOnly property of a column in the client Side?
Ethan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
1 answer
293 views
Dear Team,

I have a DataTable object containing 4 columns... I want to bind it to RadChart, and I need to display column no.1 that is date column on the x-axis. please tell me complete steps what i need to perform... when I bind datatable it displays series against 2,3,4 th columns but displays 1,2,3,4... on x-axis.
Thanks
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
7 answers
261 views
Hi, i downloaded the trial and copied the FlashManager.asCx provided in ../EditorDialogs/ and then i tried to customize it. Having solved all "localization" errors, i still get the following error (using the provided sourcecode):

Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined. Parameter name: type

I'm using Telerik.Web.UI , Version 5.2.0.0__1f131a624888eeed.

I need to change the behaviour of the flashmanager dialog, because i want to have other html code generated (embedding flash object using swfobject...)

EDIT:

continued debugging and found the line which causes the error (l. 2705):
2690var $create = Sys.Component.create = function Sys$Component$create(type, properties, events, references, element) {
2691 /// <summary locid="M:J#Sys.Component.create" />
2692 /// <param name="type" type="Type"></param>
2693 /// <param name="properties" optional="true" mayBeNull="true"></param>
2694 /// <param name="events" optional="true" mayBeNull="true"></param>
2695 /// <param name="references" optional="true" mayBeNull="true"></param>
2696 /// <param name="element" domElement="true" optional="true" mayBeNull="true"></param>
2697 /// <returns type="Sys.UI.Component"></returns>
2698 var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [
2699 {name: "type", type: Type},
2700 {name: "properties", mayBeNull: true, optional: true},
2701 {name: "events", mayBeNull: true, optional: true},
2702 {name: "references", mayBeNull: true, optional: true},
2703 {name: "element", mayBeNull: true, domElement: true, optional: true}
2704 ]);
2705 if (e) throw e;

EDIT II:
I should mention that I only copied "FlashManger.asCx" to my external Dialogs folder. Is it needed to have other controls in the same directory?

EDIT III:
Screenshot (attachment)

EDIT IV:
Just exchanged the whole source code from FlashManager.ascx with InsertLink.ascx and I still get the same problems
Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined. Parameter name: type

Thanks in advance,

Stephan
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
1 answer
169 views
Hi..

I Am using  Rad Scheduler in my web application. 

I have almost done with the basic functionality, But i have a issue that is I want to display the Different value in the Subject, Description and i want an extra value using that i want to set the the CSS for the Appointment.


such as  
SubjectId="1"
Subject = "Task"
Description = "This is a Task."
TypeId= 1

SubjectId="10"
Subject = "TroubleTicket"
Description = "This is a TroubleTicket."
TypeId= 2

so on radsch_AppointmentDataBound() event
I am checking  following condition.
 
if( e.Appointment.TypeId==1)
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryYellow";
            }
            else if (e.Appointment.TypeId== 2)
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryRed";
            }
            else 
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryGreen";
            }           

-- right now i have used in subectid (Following code)

if( e.Appointment.Subject == Convert.ToString((int)EventType.Task))
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryYellow";
            }
            else if (e.Appointment.Subject == Convert.ToString((int)EventType.TroubleTicket))
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryRed";
            }
            else 
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryGreen";
            }           

-- also I m attaching my code to.

Aspx
 <telerik:RadScheduler ID="radschMyCalendar" runat="server" Width="100%" DataKeyField="PrimeId"
                    DataStartField="StartDateTime" StartEditingInAdvancedForm="true" DataEndField="DueDateTime"
                    DataSubjectField="TypeId" DataDescriptionField="Description" ShowAllDayRow="true"                    
                    Culture="en-US" Height="100%" SelectedView="MonthView" AllowDelete="false" FirstDayOfWeek="Monday"
                    LastDayOfWeek="Sunday" OnAppointmentDataBound="radschMyCalendar_AppointmentDataBound">
                    <MultiDayView UserSelectable="false" />
                    <AdvancedForm Modal="true" />
                    <TimelineView UserSelectable="false" />
                    <AppointmentContextMenuSettings EnableDefault="true" />
                    <AppointmentTemplate>
                        <div>                            
                            <%# Eval("Subject").ToString().Replace(",", "<br/>")%>
                        </div>
                    </AppointmentTemplate>                   
                </telerik:RadScheduler>

aspx.cs

 if (objMyCalendarList != null)
            {
                radschMyCalendar.DataSource = objMyCalendarList;
                objMyCalendarList = objMyCalendarList.FindAll(delegate(MyActivityBE obj) { return obj.StartDateTime < obj.DueDateTime; });
                radschMyCalendar.DataBind();
            }
            else
            {
                radschMyCalendar.DataSource = null;
                radschMyCalendar.DataBind();
            }    


protected void radschMyCalendar_AppointmentDataBound(object sender, SchedulerEventArgs e)
        {
            e.Appointment.ToolTip = e.Appointment.Description;

            RadScheduler radschMyCalendar = (RadScheduler)sender;
         
            if( e.Appointment.Subject == Convert.ToString((int)EventType.Task))
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryYellow";
            }
            else if (e.Appointment.Subject == Convert.ToString((int)EventType.TroubleTicket))
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryRed";
            }
            else 
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = "rsCategoryGreen";
            }           

            e.Appointment.ToolTip = e.Appointment.Description;
            
        }


---
I have also attached some images..
So anyone can tell me that how can i able to get this functionality..

Thanx in advance.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
2 answers
77 views
Hi,

I'm using the RadTabStrip on a DotNetNuke (DNN) environment. Is it possible to hide the child tabs (subpages) from  the RadTabStrip with a property in the .ascx or client-side through JavaScript (I don't have direct acces to the code-behind file)? 

Kind regards,
Stijn Vanderstraeten

edit: I forgot to mention I currently use:
.RadTabStrip_DNNTopMenu .level2 ul
{
    display:none;
}
 
.RadTabStrip_DNNTopMenu .level2 li a
{
    display:none;
}
 
.RadTabStrip_DNNTopMenu .level2 li a.selected,
.RadTabStrip_DNNTopMenu .level2 li a.selected:hover,
.RadTabStrip_DNNTopMenu .level2 li a:hover
{
    display:none;
}
Stijn
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
5 answers
254 views
Right, this is doing my head in.

I've extended a RadDatePicker to enable a pair of them to link up and essentially set the Min and Max dates of each other.  Problem is that its not being persisted on postback.  Like a custom user control which hasn't been saved in ControlState.  Thing is, I can't see how to persist it...

Code for PairedRadDatePicker.cs:
using System;
using System.Web;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Web.UI;
 
namespace Sonic.Infrastructure
{
    public enum PairedMinMax { GreaterThan, GreaterThanOrEqual, LesserThan, LesserThanOrEqual }
 
    public class PairedRadDatePicker : RadDatePicker
    {
        public string PairedControlID { get; set; }
        public PairedMinMax PairedOperator { get; set; }
 
        public override string UniqueID
        {
            get { return this.ID; }
        }
 
        public override string ClientID
        {
            get { return this.ID; }
        }
 
        protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
        {
            if (PairedControlID != null && PairedControlID != string.Empty)
            {
                this.ClientEvents.OnDateSelected = "function(){itsMinMaxRadDatePicker('" + this.ClientID + "', '" + PairedControlID + "', '" + PairedOperator.ToString() + "');}";
 
                if (!Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptIncludeRegistered("PairedRadDatePicker"))
                {
                    Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude("PairedRadDatePicker", "/Scripts/PairedRadDatePicker.js");
                }
            }
        }
 
    }
}
 And they are added to the page like so:

<%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/FormMasterPage2.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AcademicYearEdit.aspx.cs" Inherits="Sonic.Infrastructure.AcademicYearEdit" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Sonic" Namespace="Sonic.Infrastructure" TagPrefix="sonic" %>
 
<asp:Content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContentPlaceHolder" runat="server">
 
<p><sonic:PairedRadDatePicker ID="PairedDatePicker1" PairedControlID="PairedRadDatePicker2" SelectedDate="2010/05/06" PairedOperator="LesserThan" runat="server" /></p>
 
<p><sonic:PairedRadDatePicker ID="PairedRadDatePicker2" PairedControlID="PairedDatePicker1" PairedOperator="GreaterThan" runat="server" /></p>
 
<asp:Button ID="btnSave" OnClick="btnSave_Click" Text="save" runat="server" />
 
<asp:Label ID="lblDates" runat="server" />
 
</asp:Content>

And the routine for the button in the page code behind:
protected void btnSave_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    DateTime? st_date = PairedDatePicker1.SelectedDate;
    lblDates.Text = st_date.ToString();
}

On a normal web page, postback isn't a problem.  On a Master/Content page, values are lost on postback.

I've done loads of user controls, loading and retrieving properties in ControlState.  But this is different, I'm extending the RadDatePicker class and I can't see how to persist it.

Any pointers please?

kitster
Kit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
5 answers
148 views
Is it possible to bind and Olap Cube with telerik radGrid? if there is any option for the same, please let me know?
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
8 answers
876 views
Hai All,

How can i add rows dynamically in RadGrid
and can also delete any row in that grid not in database..
Pls...
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?