Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
165 views
I'm using a model similar to the External Edit In RadDock demo and have a question.

If I call InsertAppointment, should I expect the OnAppointmentInsert event to fire? This is where I've coded the write to the DB. Or should I write to the DB then call InsertAppointment or should I be doing something else entirely?

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
2 answers
148 views
Hello,

I am using RADWINDOW for some of the popups I have on my ASPX page. Before I was using regulat IE popup but I figured that they were slow bcz they are actual browsers. and I was also having problem accessing the Telerik controls client side on the regular IE popups.
RADWINDOW works very fine for me. But my ASPX page has many panels, RADGRID, and otehr telerik controls (about 300 controls )and it is already loading slow. I have 5 popups on page uses RADwindow.

I was just curious to know that does RADWINDOW resides on the same page because I figured that it is loading very fast. The only problem is if it is staying on the same page and doint Hide and show then It will be very expensive for my ASPX page.

I use,

window.radopen(temp.aspx,

 

"radwinSearchAddress");

to open the radwindow.
I would very appriciate if you could answer this for me.

Thanks,
Deepa

 

Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
4 answers
119 views
hi,

i tested the radscheduler controls in blackberry emulators

version : 5.0.0.517

also in : 4.6.1.313

in both  these versions, the week / month view or the navigation pane can not be rendered..

i have attached the screen shots too

is there any possibility of solving this ... !! ?


thanks in advance,,,
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
3 answers
149 views
Concept:

Is it possible to disable AJAX dynamically and have the form works (via regular post-back) if Blackberry Browser is detected?
Currently my AJAX Mgr definition is static in aspx.

It would need to work for AJAX capable and non-capable clients.   Comments?
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
4 answers
151 views
Hi Team,
Please find below requirement.
When i click on time slot of scheduler control, user has to navigate to new page to create an appointment by searching customers. In other words i don't want to existing templates. How can i achieve this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sumanth
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
6 answers
239 views
Dear Telerik team,

I have several text and combo boxes and i use them to insert new rows into grid.
 1. The column button "Delete" in grid, it is not working.
 2. I want to convert the values in footer total to format string "{0:N2}" (ex. $5,000.00).
 3. When i create a row, the footer total is double x2 (Capture1). If i reload the page, the footer total is correct (Capture2).

Can you please help me?

Bellow you will find my VB code.
Thank you in advance for you time.

Best Regards,
Navarino Technology Department.

Protected Sub btnCreateRates_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnCreateRates.Click
    If txtCards.Text = Nothing Then
        MsgBox("Please type number of cards, in order to continue.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "ERROR")
        Exit Sub
    Else
        'Confirmation()
 
        dtValues = DirectCast(Session("tblPendingOrders"), DataTable)
        ' retrieve DataTable from session
        Dim drValues As DataRow = dtValues.NewRow()
        GridID = grdData.MasterTableView.Items.Count + 1
        drValues("ID") = GridID
        drValues("Address1") = txtAddress1.Text
        drValues("Address2") = txtAddress2.Text
        drValues("Address3") = txtAddress3.Text
        drValues("Cards") = txtCards.Value
        drValues("CardType") = "Virtual"
        drValues("CareOf") = txtCareOf.Text
        drValues("Charge") = txtCards.Value * GetCharge()
        drValues("City") = txtCity.Text
        drValues("Country") = txtCountry.Text
        drValues("MasterOf") = cbVessels.SelectedItem.Text
        drValues("Notes") = txtNotes.Text
        drValues("OrderRef") = txtOrderRef.Text
        drValues("Owning") = txtOwning.Text
        drValues("Price") = GetCharge()
        drValues("Provider") = cbProviders.SelectedItem.Text
        drValues("Units") = cbUnits.SelectedItem.Text
        drValues("Vessel") = cbVessels.SelectedItem.Text
        drValues("VesselID") = cbVessels.SelectedValue
        drValues("ZipCode") = txtZipCode.Text
        dtValues.Rows.Add(drValues)
        dtValues.AcceptChanges()
        Session("tblPendingOrders") = dtValues
        'store DataTable in session
        grdData.Rebind()
        grdData.MasterTableView.IsItemInserted = False
        grdData.MasterTableView.Rebind()
 
        lblPendingOrders.Text = "Pending CCC Orders: " & grdData.MasterTableView.Items.Count
 
 
    End If
 
End Sub
 
Protected Sub grdData_ItemDeleted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDeletedEventArgs) Handles grdData.ItemDeleted
    Dim item As GridDataItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridDataItem)
    Dim id As String = item.GetDataKeyValue("ID").ToString()
 
    If Not e.Exception Is Nothing Then
        e.ExceptionHandled = True
        SetMessage("Product with ID " + id + " cannot be deleted. Reason: " + e.Exception.Message)
    Else
        SetMessage("Product with ID " + id + " is deleted!")
 
    End If
End Sub
 
Private Sub SetMessage(ByVal message As String)
    gridMessage = message
End Sub
 
 
Protected Sub grdData_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles grdData.NeedDataSource
 
    dtValues = New DataTable()
    dtValues.Columns.Add("ID")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("CardType")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Provider")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Vessel")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("VesselID")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Units")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Cards")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Price")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Charge")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Address1")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Address2")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Address3")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("CareOf")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("City")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Country")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("MasterOf")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Notes")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("OrderRef")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("Owning")
    dtValues.Columns.Add("ZipCode")
    If Session("tblPendingOrders") IsNot Nothing Then
        ' retrieve DataTable from session
        dtValues = DirectCast(Session("tblPendingOrders"), DataTable)
    End If
    grdData.DataSource = dtValues
    Session("tblPendingOrders") = dtValues
 
End Sub
 
 
Protected Sub grdData_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles grdData.ItemDataBound
 
    If TypeOf e.Item Is GridHeaderItem Then
        Dim header As GridHeaderItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridHeaderItem)
 
    End If
 
    If TypeOf e.Item Is GridDataItem Then
        Dim dataItem As GridDataItem = CType(e.Item, GridDataItem)
 
        Price += dataItem("Price").Text
        Charge += dataItem("Charge").Text
        Cards += dataItem("Cards").Text
 
    End If
 
    If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridFooterItem) Then
        Dim footerItem As GridFooterItem = CType(e.Item, GridFooterItem)
 
        footerItem("Price").Text = Price
        footerItem("Charge").Text = Charge
        footerItem("Cards").Text = Cards
 
        footerItem("Provider").Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("<span style='color: Black; font-weight: bold;'>Totals:</span> "))
    End If
 
 
End Sub


Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
1 answer
169 views
Hi

I am using Q3 2010 release but seeing what may be an old problem in IE8,
namely that left-aligned columns have header text which is displaced to the left vs the item text.

Chrome and other browsers are OK, with correct vertical alignment of header and item. 

How can I fix this? Obviously I can add a space character to the left of the header text but this
spoils the alignment for other browsers.

What is the right fix?

Thanks
Clive
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
2 answers
62 views
Hi,
    We are using RadEditor Version 2009.3.1208. I found that there is an issue with the Link to Original checkbox in image manager(its not inserting the anchor tag if this check box is checked). I found that this issue is fixed already in newer release, but Just wanted to know whether there is any hot fix I can use for version -  2009.3.1208. Help would be  highly appreciated. Also wanted to make sure that its old version's bug.

Thanks,
Akila.
Akila Kumarasamy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
2 answers
149 views
Hi,

My customer really likes the radGrid in combination with LINQ. But since he only use the filter "Contains" in the grid, he would like when you press "enter" the grid starts the search command with "Contains". Like that he doesn't need to use his mouse anymore to navigate in the filter menu. Is this possible? If so, can someone explain it to me, would be really helpfull!

Second question, way less important... is it possible to hide to search button and only leave the textfield.

Best regards,
Kevin
NightFlash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
5 answers
115 views
Hi there
when the editor is in right to left mode Format Code Block tool also adds code snippets in right to left and even in the right side of the editor.
as you know all the programming languages are in English so the Format Code Block have to be in LTR mode and doesn't changed when editor goes to RTL.
hope this will be fixed in next build.
Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?