Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
365 views
I have a RadGrid that is bound at runtime to a Stored Procedure that returns a dynamic set of columns, the SP is a pivot of money and dates.  So the SP always returns Column 1 and Column 2 that are always the same name but then the other columns are dynamic depending on what dates and costs have been entered by the users i.e. the SP could return Column 1 and Column 2 plus 1 additional Column (which will be named the month and Year selected e.g. Jul 2011 or it could return 10 additional columns Spanning Jul 2011 to April 2012 and so on.  These addtitional columns return a decimal value, my question is how can i format these additional columns (that will change each time data is added) as DataFormatString="{0:£###,##}" if i dont have a grid bound column.

My Grid is simply
<telerik:RadGrid ID="GridMonies" runat="server">
</telerik:RadGrid>

Which is bound at runtime using
GridMonies.DataSource = WSA.PaymentDrawdownView(WSARecord)
GridMonies.DataBind()

Thanks in advance

Tony
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
4 answers
135 views
Hi

We've upgraded to the ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2010 release and in the demo scripts which ship with the this version the problem where an uploaded image was not immediately selected in the Image Manager dialog after it has been uploaded looks to have been fixed when using the standard image provider (i.e. files from disk).

Our project however uses a custom provider for the image manager and we are still seeing the issue (other than this problem our custom provider code works fine).  You can see the issue in the video below.  Note when uploading the first image everying is fine.  When uploading the second image the image manager is refreshed and looks as if it is about to show the newly uploaded image but then the entiure Image Manager windows is refreshed and the uploaded image is not pre-selected.

http://www.screencast.com/users/sbc2/folders/Default/media/45a50be2-88a5-40ab-9576-c963b5f69eb2

Is there something that we need to update in our custom provider code to fully implement the fix ?

Thanks
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
4 answers
292 views
Hi..
I'm using a RadMenu on a master page. When I tab through the controls on the page.. eventually the RadMenu is selected half way down the page.. How do I turn off the TabStop for the Menu or set the TabIndex so the Menu is not selected.

thanks
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
6 answers
1.6K+ views

I would like to change font size of a combobox items  only on one page, other pages I would like to apply default ( vista – skin) settings, How do I do this?

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
3 answers
74 views
We are experiencing an issue with Firefox/RadEditor stripping tags from data that gets loaded into a RadEditor edit area.  The enabled filters are "None" but an unclosed tag at the very top (which is wanted) keeps getting stripped out in Firefox.  The behavior doesn't happen in IE or Safari.

I am curious what could cause this?  Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
3 answers
178 views
Hi
I've stuck with following problem.
I have a grid where I do use SetRenderMethodDelegate method to customize header row (build two-level header), i.e. following:
--------------------------------------------------------
|  col1 |  col2  |______col3________|_______col4_______|
|       |        |  col3.1 | col3.2 |  col4.1 | col4.2 |
--------------------------------------------------------
|       |        |         |        |         |        |


When Command row is visible it is rendered with different collspan count for IE 8 in compatibility mode and standard mode.
For the example above in IE8 standard mode and FF, Opera it renders:
<tr class="rgCommandRow"><td class="rgCommandCell" colspan="6">
for IE8 compatibility mode:
<tr class="rgCommandRow"><td class="rgCommandCell" colspan="4">

As a result when IE8 is in compatibility mode Command row does not fill all grid's width

I tried to set custom render method for command row and set manually Colspan property but it DOES NOT change for Compatibility mode (for FF/IE8standard renders as expected)
Below is code
Private Sub weldsGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles weldsGrid.ItemCreated
        If e.Item.ItemType = GridItemType.CommandItem Then
            e.Item.SetRenderMethodDelegate(AddressOf RenderCommandDelegate)
        End If
        'If e.Item.ItemType = GridItemType.Header Then
        '   e.Item.SetRenderMethodDelegate(AddressOf RenderHeaderDelegate)
        'End If
    End Sub
 
    Private Sub RenderCommandDelegate(ByVal output As HtmlTextWriter, ByVal container As Control)
        Dim cell = DirectCast(container.Controls(0), System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell)      
        'IE7 or IE8 in compat mode fix  
        cell.ColumnSpan = 20
        cell.RenderControl(output)
    End Sub

Thank you
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
1 answer
106 views
I used the Telerik.GridExamplesCSharp.Programming.SEOPaging namesapce to display the pager of radgridview to disable and enable the pager buttons according to current page index with out using custom paging "using NextPrevAndNumeric mode " but I faced a problem when adding a checkbox column to the grid as the checkbox column doesnt check the selected checkbox because the pager work with query string mechanism so the page is reloaded and lost the selected checkbox state ..
could u please help me asap...
thanks for ur effort
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
1 answer
269 views
When I set the width of columns in a master table view and then open a detail table view the widths in the parent table change, is there away to avoid this?
<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdGroups" runat="server" EnableLinqExpressions="false" 
GridLines="None" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" DataSourceID="GroupsDataSource"
AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"   OnDetailTableDataBind="grdGroups_DetailTableDataBind"
AutoGenerateColumns="False" oninsertcommand="grdGroups_InsertCommand" 
OnUpdateCommand="grdGroups_UpdateCommand" onitemcommand="grdGroups_ItemCommand" 
    >
    <MasterTableView autogeneratecolumns="False" Name="grdGroups" datakeynames="GroupID" CommandItemDisplay="Top" datasourceid="GroupsDataSource" CommandItemSettings-AddNewRecordImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_AddNew.png" CommandItemSettings-RefreshImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Hide.png" CommandItemSettings-AddNewRecordText="<%$ Resources:CreateGroup %>" CommandItemSettings-RefreshText="">
        <DetailTables>
  
            <telerik:GridTableView Name="grdGroupEmployees" runat="server" OnItemCommand="grdGroupEmployees_ItemCommand"
                GridLines="None" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" DataKeyNames="UserID"
                AutoGenerateColumns="False" >
                    <RowIndicatorColumn>
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                    </RowIndicatorColumn>
  
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn>
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn>
  
                    <Columns>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="LastName" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:LastName %>" ShowFilterIcon="false"
                            SortExpression="LastName" UniqueName="LastName">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="FirstName" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:FirstName %>" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" ShowFilterIcon="false"
                            SortExpression="FirstName" UniqueName="FirstName">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Email" HeaderText="Email" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" ShowFilterIcon="false"
                            SortExpression="Email" UniqueName="Email">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                        <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" ImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Trash.jpg" ConfirmText="<%$ Resources:RemoveUser%>" Text="<%$ Resources:Main, Archive %>" HeaderText="<%$ Resources: Remove %>" CommandName="RemoveUser" >
                            <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                            <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  Width="50px" />
                        </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                        <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" ImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Forward.png" Text="<%$ Resources:Main, View %>" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Main, View %>" CommandName="ViewUser" >
                            <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                            <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  Width="50px" />
                        </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                    </Columns>
            </telerik:GridTableView>
        </DetailTables>
          
          
        <RowIndicatorColumn>
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
        </RowIndicatorColumn>
  
        <ExpandCollapseColumn>
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
        </ExpandCollapseColumn>
  
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Name" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" UniqueName="Name" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:GroupName %>" ShowFilterIcon="false" SortExpression="Name" >
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" EditImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Edit.png" UpdateImageUrl="~/_resources/images/Grid/Grid_Accept.png"  CancelImageUrl="~/_resources/images/Grid/Grid_Cancel.png" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn"  ItemStyle-Width="50px" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Main, Edit %>" CancelText="<%$ Resources:Main, Cancel %>" UpdateText="<%$ Resources:Main, Update %>" >
                <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  Width="50px" />
                <FooterStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  Width="50px" />
            </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" ImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Cancel.png" ConfirmText="Resources:ArchiveConfirm" Text="<%$ Resources:Main, Archive %>" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Main, Archive %>" CommandName="Archive" >
                <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  Width="50px" />
            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="ViewGroup" Visible="false" ImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Forward.png" Text="<%$ Resources: Courses %>" HeaderText="<%$ Resources: Courses %>" CommandName="ViewGroup" >
                <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  Width="50px" />
            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
        </Columns>
  
        <EditFormSettings ColumnNumber="1" CaptionDataField="Name" CaptionFormatString="<%$ Resources:EditGroupTitle %> {0}" InsertCaption="<%$ Resources:NewGroupTitle %>">
            <FormMainTableStyle GridLines="None" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="3" Width="60%"  />
            <FormTableStyle CellSpacing="5" CellPadding="2" GridLines="None" />
            <EditColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" InsertText="<%$ Resources:Main, Insert %>" UpdateText="<%$ Resources:Main, Update %>" InsertImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Accept.png" UpdateImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Accept.png"
                UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1" CancelText="<%$ Resources:Main, Cancel %>"  CancelImageUrl="~/_resources/images/grid/Grid_Cancel.png">
            </EditColumn>
        </EditFormSettings>
    </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
  
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="GroupsDataSource" runat="server" 
SelectMethod="GetClientsGroups" TypeName="i2d2Main" SortParameterName="sort">
<SelectParameters>
    <asp:SessionParameter Name="ClientID" SessionField="ClientID" Type="Int32" />
</SelectParameters>
</asp:ObjectDataSource>
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
10 answers
190 views
Hi there,

I have been playing around with the Scheduler and have created a data provider that inherits from SchedulerProviderBase.  However, instead of instantiating the provider via web.config etc, I have instead created a new provider object each time the page is loaded (ie in Page_Load).  So, like this:

RadScheduler1.Provider = new SchedulerDataProvider( venueId, groupId );

This is so I can pass in some arguments to the provider so it returns different data based on the parameters sent in by the user.

This was all working fine until doing a postback from a dropdownlist in the page.  A that point, the standard " DataKeyField, DataSubjectField, DataStartField and DataEndField are required for databinding" exception was being thrown even before Page_Load is fired, as those fields are not set.

I got around this by just setting those fields to anything - that seemed to work and the scheduler managed to ignore the fact that it did not yet have any data (which is fine by me, as I need to reload the data each time).

However, when searching the Knowledge Base for help on the above, I came across the following:

The provider is instantiated once per application domain and is shared across threads. RadScheduler ensures basic thread safety by encapsulating each provider in a wrapper that provides locks around each of its public methods. However, you should take care of synchronizing access to instance field members where appropriate.

My question is this: I take it by doing what I am doing, the provider is NOT only instantiated the once, and a new one is created each time the page loads.  Is that the case?  Can I not worry about threading issues by doing it the way I am?  If not, any suggestions on how I should actually implement?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Matthew

 
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
1 answer
180 views
Hi,

In my application i have a rad time picker (For time booking) and Date picker.

I am setting the start and end time from my Master  table from database.

As its a web application so we are planing to have the users from all the countries.
So we are giving the option to the user to choose the Time Zone in master web form.

Need to set the Selected Time Zone in Rad Date  and Time picker for the session (user based on the Master record selection).

I have to block (make non selectable by the user) the booked timing in rad time picker.. (I think we have to do with the time view of the rad time picker.)

Those logic's are very impotent for my application .

Can any one suggest as much early as possible to me how to achieve the above blocked logic's..

Thanks in Advance
Thenmozhi
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?