Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
127 views
DataFormatString doesn't seem to work with binding the grid client side. Any alternative available to achieve the same?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
4 answers
116 views
Hello,

I'm building a MVC program.

In the view, I have a combo box:

    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server"
        DataSourceID="EntityDataSource1" DataTextField="data"
        DataValueField="value">
    </telerik:RadComboBox>

I can populate the combo box with a list of options provided by the database (through Entity).

Here is my question.

Say, in some situations, when the page is loaded, I want option 1 to be selected first; then in some other situations, when the page is loaded, I want a different option, say option 3, to be selected.  And say, the situation will depend on a magic number I store in the session.

Is there anyway I can control which option to be selected when a page is loaded (without using ajax call after the page is loaded)?

Also, is there any small example to demonstrate how to control which item to be selected at the beginning, in MVC environment?

Many thanks!
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
0 answers
65 views
Hello Team,

Am using the Default Skin for my RadMenu.I want the arrow to be placed to the right on the top level menus.
And I do not want a down arrow in Top Menus, where I do not have Sub Menu Items.

How do I achive this.Could you provide the CSS class to be changed and the details to be provided in that class, so that I get the desired result.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramesh
Ramesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 17 Jan 2011
1 answer
106 views
Hello,  

I have successfully implemented the GridSettingsPersister for the grid control on a save button click event.  Now I would like to take it a step further and automatically save the layout of the grid when the user makes a change to his/her grid (ie: move a column, sort, change width etc...).  What event would I use to trigger the save?

I would like it to be seamless to the user, no clicking of a save button necessary.

Thank you very much for the help!
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
5 answers
251 views
Hello

I want to show images in my combo box items and i've used ImageUrl property for RadComboBoxItem to show the images. But when i  select an item the image is not shown in the selected item.

The items dont have any text and they are just images. So i'm not able to see the selected image and the selected item is shown as empty (since i dont have any text).

Any ideas?

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
1 answer
94 views
I'm using the RadEditor with DNN and I have a form with multiple different editors on the page. When right clicking to see the context menu it shows up in a few different places. In the first editor it shows up fine; right where it is supposed to. However, when I scroll down to the next editor or any other one below it, the menu shows up either at the very top of the screen or close to it, no where near the position of the mouse. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Kevin
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
8 answers
144 views
Hi 
We are are using Telerik Tabstrip but the Scrolling appears in IE 6.0 but not in IE 8.0
Can you please fix these issue ASAP.
Since we are having Production GoLive verysoon and system is being halted in UAT
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
9 answers
127 views
I have a scenario where the only way a user can create an appointment, is by dragging from a RadTreeView. The requirement is that when the user drags the appointment, and before the appointment is created, the user is required to enter the appointment's description, and then some validation needs to run before the appointment is actually committed.

What's the easiest way to achieving this? (assuming of course that it's possible.)

Many thanks,
Daryl
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
6 answers
174 views
Hi,
   I'm using Q2 2010 SP2 ASP.NET AJAX controls and have noticed an issue with firefox. If I have a rad window that is pointing to say youtube and I start watching a video when I move or resize the radwindow the page gets reloaded and the video starts from the begining.

I have test this in Internet Explorer and although it seems to work there you can move and resize without the page reloading on the odd occassion it does reload. In firefox it's all the time.

I tested your demo Window - First look and in the google window I searched for youtube and then in you tube just selected any video. Waited for it to start playing then moved the radwindow and that also reloaded the page. Tested the same thing in IE and it worked could move and resize without the page being reloaded.

Could you please confirm if this is a bug? Is there any way to work round it.

Thanks
Tobias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
1 answer
86 views
Does anyone know how something similar to this can be done with the splitter?  I can get images in each pane, but can't get them to be a fixed location and appear like they're hiding/revealing the other image.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/nyregion/22appraisal.html
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?