Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
93 views
Hi guys,
I need your help.I have in my aspx the following code:

<

 

telerik:RadTimePicker ID="RadTimePicker" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" PopupDirection="TopRight" >

 

 

<TimeView runat="server" ID="TimeView1" StartTime="8:0:0" EndTime="21:0:0" Interval="0:1:0" ></TimeView>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadTimePicker>

 


It is very big popup screen considering to show time every minute up unitl 21:00.Is there any other way to display popup screen?
Maybe vertically instead of horizontally because it is looks not so good.

Thanks so much.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
173 views
Hi, I've been adding access key support to a RADMenu that's included in an application using the ASP.NET AJAX Q1/2011 release. The access keys work fine in IE9. In Firefox 5, using the ALT/SHIFT/key combination works but it starts the cursor flashing! Using Chrome 12 and Safari 5, the ALT/key combinations don't appear to work at all.

All of these issues are demonstrable on your own demo page at...
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/menu/examples/functionality/keyboardsupport/defaultcs.aspx

Are browsers other than IE supported by the access key feature in RADMenu?

Best regards, Ian
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
2 answers
124 views
HI,

I am lost.
This code gives the the right result in one function in my javascript but returns null in another.
I need to set the value of the numeric text box from javascript using set_value();
Please help!

 

 

 

var B = $find('RadNumericTextBox2');

Thanks,
SHweta

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
100 views
hi, 
   I just upgrade my Aspnet ajax to ver 2011 Q1, my question is: in Grid's properties editor, I couldn't find fields-prompt support for DataKeyNames input, parent table relation defining (as attachment)..., even I've defined the DataSouce name.  RadGrid doesn't support this feature or I got the wrong design step?

mac
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
162 views
System.Security.SecurityException is coming while fetching data in radgrid from sqlConnection object
I have uploaded the site to netfirms.com, they are only supporting Medium Trust Level.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.


I have used templates for editing in radgrid.

How to get data in the radgrid without using reflection ?


Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
153 views
I am using a RadFilter with a RadGrid.  So far I have only got the RadFilter to work when my FilterExpression's FieldName is equal to a GridBoundColumn's DataField.

I have a column where the text displayed to the user is a concatenation of 3 fields from my DataSource.  However, I want the user to be able to filter by each of these fields individually.  Adding the individual fields as DataKeys did not work.  Right now I have it working by having 3 GridBoundColumns with DataField set to each of the 3 individual fields, and Visible=false.  Are there any performance implications to this approach?  Even if there aren't any, I still think it's messy code.  I would prefer to use the DataKey if possible.

I have another column where the value from my DataSource is an int.  However, to get the value I display to the user, I cast this int to an enum and call ToString().  I am building my filter expressions programmatically.  Right now it seems like I would have to build a RadFilterEqualToFilterExpression<int> for this column.  However, all my other columns would use RadFilterEqualToFilterExpression<string>.  My code would be much simpler if I could use RadFilterEqualToFilterExpression<string> for all my columns.  Is it possible to filter by DataItem["uniqueName"].Text?

Thank you!
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
84 views
Hi all.

I posted a reply to this post ( http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/grid-renders-differently-from-development-when-in-production.aspx#963065 ) yesterday but wanted to start a fresh post incase no one is monitoring that post any more

I have a grid with a filter row that renders incorrectl when IE8 is used in compatibility mode. I have attached 3 images to show what they look like in different scenarios..

Image 1 shows the header of my grid in IE8 with compatibility mode turned off.
Image 2 shows the same header in the same browser with compatibility turned on.
Image 3 shows the same setup as image2, but with the FilterControlWidth set to 50px, which is much narrower than the filter icon's required space.

The code for the first column (Customer Reference) is shown here...

This is the same code used to generate Image 1 and Image 2.
<telerik:GridBoundColumn 
        HeaderText="Customer reference"
        DataField="External_Document_No"
        SortExpression="External_Document_No"
        FilterControlWidth="108px"
        FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"
        >
    <HeaderStyle    HorizontalAlign="Left"      Width="158px" />
    <ItemStyle      HorizontalAlign="Left"      Width="158px" />
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

This is the code used to generate Image 3...
<telerik:GridBoundColumn 
        HeaderText="Customer reference"
        DataField="External_Document_No"
        SortExpression="External_Document_No"
        FilterControlWidth="50px"
        FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"
        >
    <HeaderStyle    HorizontalAlign="Left"      Width="158px" />
    <ItemStyle      HorizontalAlign="Left"      Width="158px" />
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

It seems that the FilterControlWidth option is only setting the textbox and not the overall width of the filter item (the textbox and the filter button)

Any ideas why the filter row doesn't all sit nice and neatly on one row?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
2 answers
247 views
Hello,

I am using the RadGrid and I initialize it dynamicaly with a DataTable.

I want to get the different values I updated in the UpdateCommand events, but I can't find it with the GridCommandEventArgs.

Could you help me?


thanks.
Donatien
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
71 views
Hi !

I have used radcombo box in my custom webpart coding for moss 2007. And I have my own style sheet. The width of this control is not set.

How can I overwrite the radcombo  box default style sheet?

Environment details
----------------------------------------------
Windows 2003
Sharepoint 2007
IIS 6.0
Telerik 2010.3.1109.20


Can you tell me the correct way?

Thanks in advance.


Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
95 views
Hi,
I use entity datasource for the tabstrip, but in the TabSelected event, the dataItem for the selected tab is 'nothing'. (I use templates for tabs)

How to get the dataitem in the 'tabselected' event

ex:

    Protected Sub TabSelected(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RadTabStripEventArgs)
        Me.uxTabStrip.SelectedIndex = e.Tab.Index
        Dim entity= TryCast(e.Tab.DataItem, entity)
    End Sub

##  entity is 'Nothing' here 

regards,
Naresh
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?