Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
69 views
Hello,

I have an upload in RadGrid editTemplate. I created a JavaScript which disables Ajax for post-back, hoverer the file does not upload at first time, it works only on second time. I tried googling, but nothing useful found.. Any ideas?  
Andrej
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Jul 2011
3 answers
154 views
<telerik:RadGrid ID="TourGrid" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" AllowSorting="false"
                AllowMultiRowSelection="false" OnNeedDataSource="TourGrid_NeedDataSource" OnPreRender="TourGrid_PreRender"
                AllowMultiRowEdit="true" OnItemCreated="TourGrid_ItemCreated">
                <MasterTableView Width="100%" DataKeyNames="Id" EditMode="InPlace">
                    <Columns><%-- columns left out --%>
                        <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="NewValue" UniqueName="NewValue" HeaderText="New value"
                            ReadOnly="false" ColumnEditorID="GridNumericColumnEditor1" HeaderStyle-Width="175px"
                            DataFormatString="{0:D}" AllowRounding="false" KeepNotRoundedValue="true" DataType="System.Double" />
                    </Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
                <ClientSettings ReorderColumnsOnClient="false" AllowDragToGroup="false" AllowColumnsReorder="false"
                    AllowRowsDragDrop="false">
                    <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" EnableDragToSelectRows="false" />
                    <Resizing AllowRowResize="true" AllowColumnResize="true" EnableRealTimeResize="true"
                        ResizeGridOnColumnResize="false" />
                    <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" FrozenColumnsCount="1" />
                    <ClientEvents />
                </ClientSettings>
            </telerik:RadGrid>
 
<telerik:GridNumericColumnEditor ID="GridNumericColumnEditor1" runat="server">
            <NumericTextBox runat="server">
                <NumberFormat NumericPlaceHolder="_" DecimalSeparator="," GroupSeparator="." KeepTrailingZerosOnFocus="true"
                    AllowRounding="false" KeepNotRoundedValue="true" />
            </NumericTextBox>
        </telerik:GridNumericColumnEditor>


I have the above grid in one of my aspx-pages.

The code-behind contains the following event handler:

protected void TourGrid_PreRender(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!IsPostBack)
            {
                foreach (GridItem item in this.TourGrid.MasterTableView.Items)
                {
                    if (item is GridEditableItem)
                    {
                        GridEditableItem editableItem = item as GridDataItem;
                        editableItem.Edit = true;
                    }
                }
                this.TourGrid.Rebind();
            }
        }

This makes all the 'NewValue' fields go into edit mode when the page is loaded.

The input field should not round the values which the user enters on the page, nor should a rounded value be displayed.  With the markup above however the first row in the grid keeps the not rounded value but cuts off decimal digits after the first two.  All the other rows after the first round the value in the input box to two decimal digits and do not keep the not rounded values.

But I want the input boxes to keep the not rounded values and display all the digits of the values regardless wether the box is active (has focus) or not.  How can I achieve this?

Regards, Viktor
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
1 answer
83 views
Hello,

I have a tooltip which appears on mouse over the radgrid row.

Tooltip pointer appears few pixel below the actual row causing that tooltip to popup.

How to make that tooltip to point exactly same row ?
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="ttm_CSMD_Backlog_By_Status_FL" runat="server" EnableShadow="true" 
    Animation="Fade"   OnAjaxUpdate="OnAjaxUpdate" HideEvent="ManualClose"  AnimationDuration="2000"
    Position="BottomRight"   RelativeTo="Element" OffsetY="0" OnClientResponseEnd="OnClientResponseEnd"  
    OnClientBeforeShow="Configure" OnClientShow="OnClientShow">
</telerik:RadToolTipManager>

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
1 answer
85 views
Hello,

I have a tooltip which appears on mouse over the radgrid row.

Tooltip pointer appears few pixel below the actual row causing that tooltip to popup.

How to make that tooltip to point exactly same row ?
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="ttm_CSMD_Backlog_By_Status_FL" runat="server" EnableShadow="true"
Animation="Fade" OnAjaxUpdate="OnAjaxUpdate" HideEvent="ManualClose" AnimationDuration="2000"
Position="BottomRight" RelativeTo="Element" OffsetY="0" OnClientResponseEnd="OnClientResponseEnd"
OnClientBeforeShow="Configure" OnClientShow="OnClientShow">
</telerik:RadToolTipManager>

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
2 answers
138 views
I have been facing an issue with the BinaryImage object on our production server with very inconsistent results. Sometimes it displays the images, other times it's not displaying. This code and data work fine in my local environment, and in our test environment, but on the production server it starts having problems. The main differences between the servers is local+test environment is 32bit with full blown SQL server. Production environment is locked down heavily with permissions and is a 64bit machine running SQL Express.

First let me describe the code real quick, In a MS SQL database I have a filestream column of raw image data that I pull out through a stored procedure, and access in the code via a data table. That data table is accessed on a Repeaters ItemDataBound event, and then sets the BinaryImage's DataValue property and perform a DataBind. I have added code to write out a raw file with the data from the DataValue property to ensure the data is valid and not corrupt. And those images all write out fine and can be viewed.

I read on the BinaryImage documentation that the image is served from the browsers cache, and when that is disabled it is persisted on the server for 2 minutes, So I turned off caching in Fiddler and checked to see what response I get from the Telerik WebResource.axd. Out of 36 requests only 9 of them displayed. A couple of more refreshes and sometimes 8-10 images load. Just very inconsistent. The ones that don't show up show the HTTP request as 0 bytes with no content type.

The telerik version I am using is the Q1 2011 release. Also tried Q2 2011 release with no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
1 answer
112 views
Hey,
I'm working on adding each folder's meta data to a data base, I do that when a new folder is created, but when a folder with the same name is added FileExplorer refuses to add that folder and show a pop up message that it can't be added, I need to know when that happen to call a method on that exception case.
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
1 answer
140 views
Dear Sir/Mam


How can i make selection of combobox item after making its postback false

---------Javascript Function-----------------------------------------------
 function OnClientSelectedIndexChangingSeries(sender, args) {
                     var btnAdd = $find("<%=btnAdd.ClientID %>");
                     if (btnAdd.get_text() == "Add") {
                         args.set_cancel(false);                        
                     }
                     else {
                         args.set_cancel(true);                                              
                     }
 }
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------ASPX Page Combobox Control---------------------------------------
  <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmbSeries" runat="server"  AutoPostBack="true"
                                    OnClientSelectedIndexChanging="OnClientSelectedIndexChangingSeries" / >       
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
0 answers
89 views
Hi,

I'm using a radxmlhttppanel and I would like to know if there is a way to get the selected row index or selected row column value from the service request event?

Thanks,
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Jul 2011
0 answers
57 views
Hi,

I'm using a radxmlhttppanel and I would like to know if there is a way to get the selected row index or selected row column value from the service request event?

Thanks,
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Jul 2011
5 answers
131 views
Since the chart doesn't support a secondary X axis, is there a way to render the X axis above the chart?

Thanks.
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?