Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
281 views
Hello All,

            I am developing a web part in SharePoint using wspbuilder project. I have MOSS 2007 installed in my machine. I am having an aspx page in my project which in a nutshell a setting page for controlling the web part. I have used telerik's controls like RadDropDown, RadFormDecorator,etc in that page.

          I know that in order to make the ajax controls work in sharepoint, we need to do some tweaks in the web.config of the web application. I have achieved that programmatically in the receiver class of my SharePoint Feature. So, the appropriate entries would be added in the web.config of my web application once I activate the feature in my site.

          Nevertheless, the ajax controls which are used both in my web part and the aspx page are functioning in an undesirable manner. The drop down is not dropping down at all if I click the down arrow and also the Skin which I have applied for the entire page using 'RadFormDecorator' isn't getting applied at all. Even I have given the script manager at the top of my form tag. I am not able to perceive where am going wrong. Any help rendered would be of great use.
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
119 views
Hi,
I am using tabstrip with scrolling but still the last tab comes to new line (not always). I attached the screenshot, is there any way to avoid this?
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
2 answers
333 views
  I am not having any luck getting AJAX library to install.  It appears to be updating Visual Studio 2008 and displaies an error:

        There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A progrm run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.

  It then finishes with

        Telerik RadControls Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. ...

  I am running on a 64bit Win 7 and executing msiexec from withing a cmd prompt Run as Administrator.

  I see a lot of similar install problems in the forums, but they all appear to be different scenarios.  I am attaching the msiexec log file [I would be if it was allowed!!].

Thanks
Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
134 views
Hi!

I have a datetimepicker installed in my project. I had to set it to where that the available dates (The dates that can be selected) should always be only days starting from today with the time that can be selected also starting from right now. So I set the MinDate to DateTime.Now.

How can i set it to where it will allow displaying dates older than datetime.now but will only allow dates after DateTime.Now to be entered in the datetime.picker.

Any suggestions and solutions are much appreciated.

Thanks
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
5 answers
503 views
I have one application deployed on two servers. If I start the application from the first server, then I see month names in English, and if I start the same application from the another server, then I see month names in German. What settings and where should I configure to see Month in a specific language?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
102 views

Hi

How can we have navigation like on the left on this page http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill/theatre/Pre_theatre where navigation items have different attributes even when they are not selected or hovered over?

Thanks

Regards

Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
69 views
Hello,
 My Goal: To use the default AlternatingItemStyle. To evaluate each grid row, if that grid rows Order column = PreviousRow's Order column, then set the CurrentRows.BackColor = PreviousRows.Backcolor.

My Problem seems to be, that the BackColor doesn't exist in the RadGrid_ItemDataBound() event.
I don't want to set my own AlternatingItemStyle in a .CSS for this, because My Whole Site is managed via Telerik Skins, and if I want to chagne the skin, i don't want to have to change this AlternatingStyle to match.

How can I capture what the Color is?

My Code:

 

 

//Changing the backcolor so that rows w/ the same order number show the same color
if (e.Item is GridDataItem && e.Item is GridTableRow)
{
    int rowNumber =  e.Item.DataSetIndex;
      
    if (rowNumber >= 1)
    {
        GridDataItem previousRow = RadGrid1.Items[rowNumber - 1];
        GridDataItem currentRow = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
        string prevMilestoneOrder = previousRow["Order"].Text;
        //Set current row back color to previous row back color if they have the same order
        if (prevMilestoneOrder.Equals(currentRow["Order"].Text))
            currentRow.BackColor = previousRow.BackColor;              //<------- previousRow.BackColor does not exist yet
    }
}

 

 


Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
97 views
When I get the popup that says "Error loading Radchart image.... Display Stack Trace?" and hit "OK", I get a blank page. How can I disable this all together and have .NET show me the stack trace?

Thanks!
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
84 views
Hi All,
We have configured the Rad Editor (RadEditor to edit List Items) feature in our WSS environment.

On trying to pick the template using the template manager it dosent shows up the documents in the document library.

The loading wheel keeps rotating displaying nothing. 
On the top of it till the time we click the template manager there is no javascript error on the page. but upon clikcing the template manager 
the page throws sme javascript error saying

Message: Sys.ArgumentException: Cannot deserialize. The data does not correspond to valid JSON.
Parameter name: data


how would we take it forward

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
3 answers
160 views
Hi,
I am using Rad Grid and using Template Field I am doing Filtering and sorting but issue arises at the time of sorting that small sort image comes below text i want it right side of text i tried many combination in style-sheet but no success.

My template column is as:
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn ReadOnly="true" AllowFiltering="false"  GroupByExpression="CloseOutType Group By CloseOutType" DataField="CloseOutType" SortExpression="CloseOutType" >
                   <HeaderTemplate>
                   <table>
                   <tr>
                   <td style="width:20%"><asp:Image ID="imgCloseOutType" ImageUrl="~/Images/closeout_type.png" runat="server" /></td>
                   <td style="width:80%">
                   <asp:Button  ID="btnheaderCloseOutType" Title="Sort by Interim/Workbook"  runat="server"
                        CommandName="Sort" CssClass="LabelViewForButton" CommandArgument="CloseOutType" Text="Interim/Workbook" />             
                   </td>
                   </tr>
                   </table>
                 </HeaderTemplate>
                   <ItemTemplate>
                      <div style="text-align:center">
                      <asp:Label ID="lblCloseOutType" runat="server" Text='<%# eval("CloseOutType") %>'></asp:Label>
                      </div>                   
                   </ItemTemplate>
                   </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

And style Sheet as:
/*sorting, reordering*/
 
.RadGrid_Vista .rgHeader .rgSortAsc
{
    background-position:3px -248px;
    height:10px;  
}
 
.RadGrid_Vista .rgHeader .rgSortDesc
{
    background-position:3px -198px;
    height:10px;
}
 
.GridReorderTop_Vista,
.GridReorderBottom_Vista
{
    width:9px !important;
    height:9px !important;
    margin-left:-5px;
    background:0 0 no-repeat url('Grid/sprite.gif');
}
 
.GridReorderBottom_Vista
{
    background-position:0 -50px;
}

I am attaching both screens for better understanding. (See Attachment)

Thanks....



Rajneesh
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?