Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
137 views
Hi Forum!

I connected a radchart to a sqldatasucer, from that datasource i'll get 11 rows and 2 columns where the frist column is name and second is value. it all goes right, but the x-axis is only showing the first 7 rows. I wwent to the plot area -> x-axis and saw property called max value, i dont think this is the property that is confining my rows but still, when i try to change its value it automaticly goes back to 7. Can anyone help me?

Many thanks,
   FEST
Peshito
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
207 views
I have the following,

<telerik:RadListView ID="RadListView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" OnSelectedIndexChanged="RadListView1_SelectedIndexChanged">
 <ItemTemplate>
  <label id="dftLabel">Templates</label><br />
  <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("title")%>' CommandName="Select" CommandArgument='<%#Eval("templateID")%>'></asp:LinkButton>
 </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

and I'm having a hard time getting the value of CommandArgument.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
2 answers
166 views
I have a Radcombobox and a button.

Onclientclick event of the button I have written a javascript function.
From this function I want to fire the server side  OnSelectedIndexChanged event of the Combo box.

How can I do it !
Anirban
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
4 answers
254 views
Hi i get data from client side using  JQuery and JSON webservice, can i bind this data to RadGrid on Client side without postback
i need to do the following thing on client side

1. Create template columns on client side ?
2. Sorting and Paging clientside
3. Clear RadGrid

can i have RadGrid with the dropdown column like Dropbox , can i create this on client side i attach the picture of  DropBox screen shot
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
81 views
I have a radgrid with "exporttoexcelbutton". Export to excel has got the option "openInNewWindow" enabled. After clicking the exporttoexcelbutton, grid is beeing rebound, and next one more time. Why? How to disable it.

PS I have any old version: Q3 2009 of ASPNET.AJAX.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
2 answers
76 views
Hi Telerik Team,

We are using the 2009 Q3 version of Telerik.
For RadMenu we want the RoundedCorners for Submenus as in the attached screenshot.

This is available in current version of telerik.

But as we are using 2009 Q3 version and this is a requirement for us.

Can i get an assistance in how to handle this in CSS, as it is a urgent requirement.

Thanks and regards,
Shwetha.
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
207 views
Hi there, 

I recently updated to a new version of telerik and I noticed that the telerik timer no longer exists. 

I started using the .NET timer and I am facing some issues.

Previously I was able to start and stop the timer via javascript:

function StartFilteringTimer()
{
    <%= tmrFilter.ClientID %>.Start();
}
                     
function StopFilteringTimer()
{
    <%= tmrFilter.ClientID %>.Stop();
}                  

What would be the alternative to this in my situation?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
7 answers
228 views
Hi folks, quick little problem

I have a two level tabstrip.  When I click on the tabitem that has the second level, the second level tabs do not show.
This ONLY occurs if the top level tab has navigateurl

Sample below.
How Do I get around this, so that the second level menu shows?


<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server">

<Tabs>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab1" NavigateUrl="webform1.aspx" Selected="True">

<Tabs>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child RadTab 1">

</telerik:RadTab>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child RadTab 2">

</telerik:RadTab>

</Tabs>

</telerik:RadTab>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab2">

</telerik:RadTab>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab3">

</telerik:RadTab>

</Tabs>

</telerik:RadTabStrip>

shruthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
4 answers
241 views
I'm trying to pull the data from the Id column of the selected row within the update command as follows 
Protected Sub radgrid_Update(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridCommandEventArgs) Handles radgrid.UpdateCommand
 
        Dim selectedRow As GridEditFormItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridEditFormItem)
        Dim rowNo As Integer = selectedRow.ItemIndex
        Dim id As String = selectedRow.Item("id").Text
 
 
       
    End Sub

This allows me to get the row index but not the data within the id column.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
5 answers
177 views
I've been working through getting RadFilter to work with our datasource class, derived from EntityDataSource. The RadFilter throws a null ref on apply:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.ApplyFilterExpressonsOnDataSource() +157
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.HandleApplyCommand() +218
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilterCommandEventArgsFactory.HandleCommand(RadFilter ownerFilter, Object commandSource, RadFilterCommandEventArgs args) +74
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +319
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +125
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +167
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

After working through all our modifications to try and figure out what was causing this by process of elimination I was disappointed to find that the RadFilter simply throws it on ANY derived DataSource. All you need to do is create an empty class which extends EntityDataSource, point a RadFilter at it, and it fails to apply with the above exception.

Is there a way to work around this?
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?