Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
194 views
Hi
I have a problem, and describing it might be little complicated.
I have 3 different type of a Web-mail layout:
  1. Preview pane on the right.
  2. Preview pane at the bottom.
  3. Disabled Preview pane.

My problem is like that: My pagination panel gets positioned wrong.
I have a splitters layout (web mail like) with titles, that are presented in the page using aspPanels.
These titles hurts the calculations of the splitter, and as a result the pagination bar get positioned wrong.
But in one layout of the screens - Bottom, the pagination bar gets positioned ok. It doesn't in two screens that have the same login - they r vertical. (please see attached files. The correct one is "at the bottom")

My .Net code is:
<div class="wrapper">
<telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsptMain" Runat="server" Skin="sunsetGreen" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"  Width="100%" Height="100%" VisibleDuringInit="false">
    <telerik:RadPane ID="foldersPane" runat="server" Width="250" Height="100%" Scrolling="None">
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" Runat="server" Skin="sunsetGreen" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" VisibleDuringInit="false">
            <telerik:RadPane ID="FolderTreePane" Width="250" runat="server" Scrolling="None">
                        <h2 class="PageLeftMainTitle" id="PageLeftMainTitle">Curriculus</h2>
                        <telerik:RadTreeView>........</telerik:RadTreeView>
            </telerik:RadPane>
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="FolderPaneSplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="Backward" EnableResize="False" ></telerik:RadSplitBar>
                    <telerik:RadPane Width="250" Height="90" ID="BottomLeftMenuPane" runat="server" Scrolling="None" OnClientCollapsed="BottomLeftMenuPaneToggled" OnClientExpanded="BottomLeftMenuPaneToggled">
                        <uc1:BottomLeftMenu ID="BottomLeftMenu" runat="server" />
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                </telerik:RadSplitter>
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="foldersSplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward"></telerik:RadSplitBar>
            <telerik:RadPane ID="curriculumPane" runat="server" Height="100%" Scrolling=None>
<asp:Panel ID="pFolderInfoGrid" CssClass="CurriculusGridTitleEMenu" runat="server">
                    <h2>
                        <asp:Literal ID="ltFolderName" runat="server" Text="Todos filtros juntos"></asp:Literal>
                    </h2>
                    <div class="PainelDeLeitura" id="PainelDeLeituraButton">
                        <span class="subMenuTitle" onclick="ShowColumnHeaderMenu(event,'ReadPainel')">
                            <span>Painel de Leitura</span>
                        </span>
                    </div>
                </asp:Panel>
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsptMainCurriculum" Runat="server" Skin="sunsetGreen" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Width="100%" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal">
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="curriculumListPane" runat="server" CssClass="curriculumListPane" runat="server" Height="100%" Scrolling="None">
                        <telerik:RadGrid ID="rgridCurriculum" CssClass="rgridCurriculum" runat="server" AllowSorting="true" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="10" ViewStateMode="Enabled" OnNeedDataSource="rgridCurriculum_NeedDataSource" OnItemDataBound="rgridCurriculum_ItemDataBound" AllowMultiRowSelection="true" OnRowDrop="rgridCurriculum_RowDrop" Skin="sunsetGreen" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Height="100%">
                            <PagerStyle  Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
                            <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyNames="Code" AllowPaging="true" TableLayout="Fixed">...........
                            </MasterTableView>
                            <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true" AllowRowsDragDrop="true" EnablePostBackOnRowClick="false">
                                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" EnableDragToSelectRows="false" />
                                <ClientEvents OnRowDropping="rgridCurriculum_OnRowDropping" />
                                <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="rgridCurriculum_OnRowDblClick" />
                                <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />
                            </ClientSettings>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="curriculumSplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" Visible="false"></telerik:RadSplitBar>
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="curriculumViewPane" runat="server" Visible="false"></telerik:RadPane>
                </telerik:RadSplitter>
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
</div>

My code block readability is terrible. I tried removing unnecessary parts from it.
the thing is that my asp:panel is inside the telerik:RadPane that has 100% and is holding the main big vertical splitter, and than under it the telerik:RadSplitter appears.

it looks like that
<telerik:RadPane
   <asp:Panel
   <telerik:RadSplitter

In the "at the bottom" everything works fine. The splitter calculate the height without the AspPanel height. But in the "on the right" & "disabled" screen it joins them.

Why? The order of my DOM is equall in the 3 files. What can create this difference?

I hope I was clear, and I hope my code was some how readable :)

Thanks for any help.
Shlomi.
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
134 views
Hi All,
When I use ValidationSummary with AjaxUpdateControl it works fine for the first time but after reload it stop working,
Not able to find the solution please help.

My code is as below:
<telerik:ValidationSummary HeaderText="Please correct the following error(s):" runat="server" ID="validationSummary" ValidationGroup="group1" />

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnSearch">

                <UpdatedControls>

                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlDisplayResults" LoadingPanelID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" />

                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="notificationDisplayMsg" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="validationSummary" />

                </UpdatedControls>

            </telerik:AjaxSetting>


Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
2 answers
148 views
Hi,

I have my radgrid set to use Ajax. I would like to run some javascript after every edit or insert on my grid.

I have tried binding to the onGridCreated and onRowCreated events but they fire too often.

If there any way to say "after a row has been inserted or updated run this javascript" ?

Thanks
Sam
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
246 views
I am using the RadtreeView control in a ASP.Net webform. Depending on the data, I might display a tree with 1 branch or a Hierarchy tree with many branches and sub branches. Then the user will click on the node they want to select and the form will capture which node the user selected.

Everything works fine if the control shows only 1 branch with many nodes. 

However, if the tree is showing a hierarchy with many branches and many nodes under each branch, and the user clicks on their choice of node, the return value is always a 0, 1 or 2. There are 3 main branches in the hierarchy so I assume the return value is the value of the main branch of the node that was selected.

How can I get the RadTreeView to always return the index number of the node I selected? Here is the click event that captures the user selection:

 
        protected void RadTreeView1_ContextMenuItemClick(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeViewContextMenuEventArgs e)
        {
                    HierarchyItem = e.Node.Index;
                    if (HierarchyItemSelected != null)
                        HierarchyItemSelected(this, EventArgs.Empty);
            }
        }



Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
4 answers
578 views
Hi all

Im new with this Telerik controls and I need your help.
Im working with RadWindow like popup, I show this popup for edit a item from radgrid, and I want close this radwindow from a button inside  radwindow. I dont want use javascript, then I need close with C#, there are some way to do this?

Thank you for you attention
Hugo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
134 views
I imnplement culture dynamically for all the controls.
But I didn't found the way to change the culture for RadSplitter.

How I can do this?

Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
3 answers
99 views
I have a RadScheduler that includes the following ...
OnClientAppointmenMoveStart="RadSchedulerAppointmentMoveStart"
OnClientAppointmentMoveEnd="RadSchedulerAppointmentMoveEnd"
OnClientAppointmentResizeStart ="RadSchedulerAppointmentResizeStart"
OnClientAppointmentResizeEnd="RadSchedulerAppointmentResizeEnd"
And in the JS handler for the ResizeStart event I have an alert.

When I run the page I note that the cursor doesn't change when I haver over the resize handle at the bottom of an appointment and that if I try grabbing it either, nothing happens (the JS alert doesn't fire) or the appointment moves. I guess this latter is 'cos I've grabbed slightly off the resize handle.

I can do nothing to resize the appointment.

FWIW, this is true in IE8 and IE6.

-- 
Stuart
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
60 views
I am having a RadUpload control with a Progress Area.

I have put client side validation to check valid file extension , file name entered etc.

I have a text box in the form (along with radupload and progress area), input of it has to be validated against the database. if the input is valid only it should upload the chosen document.
I have put a CustomValidator (server side) to do this validation.

What happens now even if the input is NOT valid, it uploads the documnt (progress area is shown) and then it shows the validation message.

Is there any way that I can supress this if invalid data is entered.

Thanks in advance.

 
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
4 answers
165 views
I have a aspx user control page that has a LinkButton . The page uses some radajax controls too.
In Firefox(FF 3.6 and 4), if I rapidly keep clicking on the linkbutton .NET will come up with an "Invalid postback or callback argument" error. This error does not seem to happen when I click in IE. Normal single clicks on the linkbutton work fine, but it's when I click on the button repeatedly while the page is in the process of posting back that I run into trouble.
I was suggested to use "EnableEventValidation = false" but it ended up with some security hole. So, i was looking for some alternative solution other than "EnableEventValidation" property.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
91 views
Hi,
I'm having a small problem with RadDock controls defined inside a formview, and I am not sure if it's my fault or if it's a bug.

In general, the controls inside a FormView's ItemTemplate and EditItemTemplate can have the same ID without any issues. In my case, I have a RadDock inside a formview with the controls defined inside the <ContentTemplate> of the RadDock. This leads to an error when I access the page that says: The type 'ASP.pages_mypage_aspx' already contains a definition for 'control'.

So:
Formview => ItemTemplate => RadDock => ContentTemplate => Control with ID X
Formview => EditItemTemplate => RadDock => ContentTemplate => Control with ID X

Is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve renaming the controls within the RadDocks?

Thanks.
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?