Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
140 views
I have been searching all over for an answer to this but to no avail... I am hoping someone here can help me.
I have a form that is intended to send field information to a support email address. I have disabled validation on all of the controls on this form to troubleshoot this.
When i fill the form out and click submit, it works fine, i get my Email as expected...

However, if i have special characters in any of the radtextbox fields, i get a validation error. Just the simple phrase <ValidateThis> will break the page.

Now i have created a routine to clean the text and replace the characters which ascii equivalents but the problem is that the validation error occurs before anything is run. How do i intercept this?

Thanks
Phil
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
2 answers
169 views
i have allot of Charts in My Dashboard and all of them are working fine some with DataGroupColumn  and some without

but i have problem with one of them,  i have { DDate , MOVE , Count } as data

DataGroupColumn = "MOVE" and DataLabelsColumn = "DDate"
The problem is Chart puts data's with different DDate in Same Column. (chart.jpg is attched)

            e.Result = from MMove in dvMoveInOut._Ds.Tables[0].AsEnumerable()
                      where (MMove.Field<DateTime>("DDATE") > NOW.AddDays(-15))
                       orderby MMove.Field<string>("INOUT")
                      select new
                      {
                          DDate = MMove.Field<DateTime>("DDATE").ToString("M/d"),
                          MOVE = (MMove.Field<string>("INOUT") =="I") ? ("In") : ("Out")  ,
                          Count = ((MMove.Field<string>("INOUT") == "I") ? (MMove.Field<int>("CCOUNT")) : (-1 * MMove.Field<int>("CCOUNT")))
};
{ DDate = "8/5", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "8/3", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "8/1", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "7/31", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "7/31", MOVE = "Out", Count = -1 }
{ DDate = "7/30", MOVE = "In", Count = 2 }
{ DDate = "7/25", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "7/25", MOVE = "Out", Count = -1 }
{ DDate = "7/24", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "7/23", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "7/23", MOVE = "Out", Count = -1 }
{ DDate = "7/22", MOVE = "In", Count = 1 }
{ DDate = "8/4", MOVE = "Out", Count = -1 }







   
Ashim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
101 views
Hello all,

Can I keep the RadCombo Open even after selecting an item.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Renj
Thad
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
3 answers
168 views
Hi,

I have telerik radgrid being used in the application with the add option also included in the grid. I added AddNewRecordText as "Add User & Employee" for add button. Please note that there is an ampersand in the text that was given. Now the "Add" button that appears on the grid shows the text correctly. However the tooltip for the button doesn't show up right. It encodes the ampersand symbol and shows it in the tooltip. Is there any workaround to fix this problem? 
<telerik:RadGrid ID="testEdit" AllowMultiRowEdit="True" ShowFooter="false" ShowStatusBar="true"
                        runat="server" ShowHeader="false" AutoGenerateColumns="true">
                        <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" InsertItemPageIndexAction="ShowItemOnCurrentPage">
                            <CommandItemSettings ShowRefreshButton="false" AddNewRecordText="Add User & Employee" />


Regards,
Kishan G K
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
311 views
I've noticed that for some reason when filtering is enabled, any datafields that are numeric have a span tag with 4 different input elements and the textbox is styled with the riInput class, and an inline width of 125px that I can't override (either through CSS or by setting the FilterItemStyle-Width attribute, but every other datatype is just a textbox and a button, styled as rgFilterBox. 

Can someone explain 1) why exactly does it work this way? and 2) how can go about styling the controls that are using the radInput styles without messing with how every other radInput in my application is styled?  Because that seems pretty ridiculous to me.

<!--numeric filter box -->
<
TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">
    <SPAN style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum_wrapper class="RadInput RadInput_IP">
        <INPUT style="WIDTH: 125px" id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum_text class="riTextBox riEnabled" onkeypress="if((event.keyCode == 13 || event.keyCode == 20)){event.returnValue=false; return false;}" alt="Filter LineNum column" type=text name=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum_text>
        <INPUT style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: -18px 0px 0px -1px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; HEIGHT: 1px; VISIBILITY: hidden; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum class=rdfd_ title="" type=text>
        <INPUT style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: -18px 0px 0px -1px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; HEIGHT: 1px; VISIBILITY: hidden; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum_Value class=rdfd_ title="" type=text name=tabs$tabExportDetail$rgExportDetail$ctl00$ctl02$ctl03$RNTBF_LineNum>
        <INPUT id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum_ClientState type=hidden name=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_RNTBF_LineNum_ClientState autocomplete="off">
        </LINK>
    </SPAN>
    <INPUT id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_Filter_LineNum class=rgFilter title=Filter onclick='$find("tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail")._showFilterMenu("tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00", "LineNum", event); return false;' type=submit name=tabs$tabExportDetail$rgExportDetail$ctl00$ctl02$ctl03$Filter_LineNum>
</TD>
 <!--non-numeric filter box -->
<TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">
    <INPUT id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_FilterTextBox_ProductNum class=rgFilterBox onkeypress="if((event.keyCode == 13 || event.keyCode == 20)) return false;" alt="Filter ProductNum column" size=10 type=text name=tabs$tabExportDetail$rgExportDetail$ctl00$ctl02$ctl03$FilterTextBox_ProductNum>
    <INPUT id=tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00_ctl02_ctl03_Filter_ProductNum class=rgFilter title=Filter onclick='$find("tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail")._showFilterMenu("tabs_tabExportDetail_rgExportDetail_ctl00", "ProductNum", event); return false;' value=" " type=submit name=tabs$tabExportDetail$rgExportDetail$ctl00$ctl02$ctl03$Filter_ProductNum>
</TD>
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
152 views
I'm trying to build the telerik source code locally so I can debug some things and I can't build the web UI code.
I'm getting and error that tells me The type or namespace name 'BasicClient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Where is Basic Client class?

Roatin Marth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
112 views
Howdy,

I started working with this demo ( http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/panelbar/examples/applicationscenarios/accessingnestedcontrols/defaultcs.aspx ) to help me with a method to create a new user account. What I have (in C#) is:

master page
content page
radajaxpanel
radpanelbar

So when the content page is loaded:

1. I create root and child panelItems and load them into the radpanelbar
2. load a previously created user control .ascx into the first panelItem.
3. The user control will do some stuff (accept user input) and a button within the user control will be enabled to go to the next portion of the process.

I want that button, (on the user control), to tell the radpanelbar control (on the content page) that it's OK to expand the next panelitem. How can I make that happen?
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
5 answers
521 views
I have a RadComboBox that gets populated on page_load() and is set w/ AutoPostback = "false" & EnableLoadOnDemand="false".  When the user starts typing in the text area of the control, I don't want to find a match in the list until at least 3 characters have been entered.  How can I accomplish this on the client side?  Right now it finds a match for each character typed.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
3 answers
157 views
I am using a RadComboBox on my page and setting the Label property.

Everything looks fine in IE & Firefox, but Chrome is putting a carriage return after the Label.  So instead of the ComboBox being to the right of the Label, it is showing up under it.

Is this a known issue with Chrome?  How can I fix it?
Thad
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
0 answers
91 views
Hi Team,

i use Chart, AjaxManager and Timer. My data 1800 rows for load in chart but Very very slowly loading.

How to quick load data at Chart.

Please help me.....
Heri .
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?