Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
105 views
I have a RadAjaxManager in my Master Page, as well as some controls for a 'shopping basket'
On my content page I have a number of user controls, with each one having an 'Add' button. These are added to the page dynamically.
The Ajax settings for the Add buttons are created in code in the Page_Load function.

When one of the add buttons are clicked, it should write a database entry, and then update the shopping basket to show the number of items currently in it.

This works fine, except for the first time a button is clicked.
The first time one of the 'Add' buttons are clicked, the database entry is created as expected, but the shopping basket does not get updated. The second button clicked updates everything as expected and the basket will show 2 items. Buttons then work as expected, with the basket showing correctly.

Putting a breakpoint in the code, all the expected events seem to fire, but the basket is not updated.

I am using Q1 2011, in VS2010 and .NET 4.0

Am I missing something?

Thankyou.

Paul

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
67 views
I'm curious what's available in your ASP.Net AJAX package to do one or both of the following:
 - Flowchart - ie. Rectangles containing text linked together with connecting lines
 - Gantt Chart - typically used for scheduling

Note: I realize that the latter can sort of be simulated with a treeview but I wonder if it would have the same visual impact


I'm very familiar with the controls of yours that I've frequently used but not so much with the others.  Hoping you can shed some light onto what's available within your package that I purchased.

Sincerely,

Robert Werner
Vancouver, BC
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
3 answers
420 views

We are binding Generic List of entities (e.g. List<Employee>) with RadGrid (Teleric.Web.UI.dll v2009.2.826.35). We are using GridBoundColumn. Grid gets diplsayed properly. Also it gets exported very well in .pdf and .csv formats. But when we try to export in Excel using ExcelML format, it generates blank excel file. Here is sample code:

 

 

 

 

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
   
}

 

 

 

protected void uxRadListView_NeedDataSource(object source, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
{
    SetGridDataSource();
}

 

 

 

public void SetGridDataSource()
{
    uxRadListView.DataSource = GetList();
}

 

 

 

private List<Employee> GetList()
{
    List<Employee> employees = new List<Employee>();
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
    {
        Employee emp = new Employee();
        emp.EmpId = 100;
        emp.FName = "John";
        employees.Add(emp);
    }
}

 

 

 

protected void uxBtnExport_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    uxRadListView.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
    uxRadListView.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
    uxRadListView.ExportSettings.FileName = "EXCEL";

 

 

 

    uxRadListView.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = GridExcelExportFormat.ExcelML;
    uxRadListView.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = false;
    uxRadListView.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

 

 

 

}

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Does Telerik support Generic Lists to bind grid? If so, then can somebody help to resolve mentioned issue?. Thank you in advance.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
5 answers
178 views
Here is the design of my page:

I have a TreeView; selecting a node in the view will display a ListView that is filled based on the node.

I also have a search function that displays the ListView filled based on the results of search.

Those functions both work correctly.

My ListView contains a DataPager. The DataPager initializes correctly and matches the contents of the ListView.

My problem is that I can't page. The DataPager itself is changed (page number, etc) but the ListView is static.

RadAjaxManager section
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnRefreshTree">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTreeView1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTreeView1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadSlider1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="DescriptionText" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblTotalAssets" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadListView1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadDataPager1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnSelectAll">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadListView1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnUnSelectAll">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadListView1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnRefresh">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadSlider1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblTotalAssets" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadListView1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadListView1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTreeView1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadSlider1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="DescriptionText" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblTotalAssets" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadDataPager1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadSlider1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadListView1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

ListView and DataPager section:
<telerik:RadListView ID="RadListView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" ItemPlaceholderID="PlaceHolder1"
    OnItemCreated="RadListView1_ItemCreated" OnPreRender="RadListView1_PreRender"
    DataKeyNames="id">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <div class="RadListView RadListViewFloated RadListView_Windows7">
            <telerik:RadDataPager ID="RadDataPager1" runat="server" Skin="Sitefinity" PageSize="25"
                PagedControlID="RadListView1" BorderWidth="0">
                <Fields>
                    <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="FirstPrev" />
                    <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="Numeric" />
                    <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="NextLast" />
                    <telerik:RadDataPagerPageSizeField PageSizeText="Page size: " />
                    <telerik:RadDataPagerGoToPageField CurrentPageText="Page: " TotalPageText="of" SubmitButtonText="Go"
                        TextBoxWidth="15" />
                    <telerik:RadDataPagerTemplatePageField>
                        <PagerTemplate>
                            <div style="float: right">
                                <b>Items
                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="CurrentPageLabel" Text="<%# Container.Owner.StartRowIndex + 1%>" />
                                    to
                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="TotalPagesLabel" Text="<%# Container.Owner.StartRowIndex+Container.Owner.PageSize %>" />
                                    of
                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="TotalItemsLabel" Text="<%# Container.Owner.TotalRowCount%>" />
                                    <br />
                                </b>
                            </div>
                        </PagerTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadDataPagerTemplatePageField>
                </Fields>
            </telerik:RadDataPager>
            <div id="PlaceHolder1" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <div style="float: left;">
            <fieldset style="border: 0; width: 154px; height: 154px; margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;">
                <div class="myClass" style="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background: #eeeeee; text-align: center;">
                    <a href="javascript:Popup_Window('asset_preview','<%# Eval("id") %>')">
                        <telerik:RadBinaryImage ID="RadBinaryImage1" runat="server" AutoAdjustImageControlSize="False"
                            CssClass="myClass" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("thumbUrl") %>' ResizeMode="Fit" AlternateText="Click to view preview"
                            ToolTip="Click to view preview" Width="150px" Height="150px" />
                    </a>
                </div>
            </fieldset>
            <div style="border: 0px; white-space: normal; width: 150px; margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
                padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px;">
                <asp:CheckBox ID="chkImage" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" />
                <a href="javascript:Popup_Window('asset_detail','<%# Eval("id") %>')">
                    <%# Eval("title") %>
                    -
                    <%# Eval("filenameextension") %></a>
                <%--<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkAsset" Target="_new" NavigateUrl="assetinfo.aspx" runat="server"><%# Eval("filename") %></asp:HyperLink>--%>
                <asp:HiddenField ID="hiddenAssetId" Value='<%# Eval("id") %>' runat="server" />
            </div>
        </div>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EmptyDataTemplate>
        No Assets Found
    </EmptyDataTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
0 answers
95 views
 Hi ,
Scheduler Appointment Visible for only start date and End date comes from db, but
if i End Date  Empty/ Null from Database then Rad Scheduler appointment not visible.
Please help me here,

Thanks




NEMEE
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
325 views
Hi Every one,

I am trying to expand the list of the rows on click of the checkbox which is in the TreelistTempelatecolumn.I am not able to maintain the state of the variables.Can anyone help me please.

This is what I am doing
<telerik:RadPanelItem Value="CandidateInformation" runat="server">
                        <ItemTemplate>
                            <telerik:RadTreeList ID="rtlSpecsGroup" Width="40%" runat="server" DataSourceID="sdsTreeView"
                                    ParentDataKeyNames="PARENTID" AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="CATGROUPID" AllowMultiItemSelection="false"
                                 AutoGenerateColumns="false" OnItemDataBound="OnItemDataBound_rtlSpecsGroup" >
                                <Columns>
                                    
                                    <telerik:TreeListTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkTempelatecolumn" DataField="CATGROUPID" ItemStyle-Width="30px" HeaderStyle-Width="30px">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="chkGroups" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" OnCheckedChanged="OnCheckedChanged_chkGroups"/>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:TreeListTemplateColumn>
                                   
                                    <telerik:TreeListBoundColumn UniqueName="NAME" HeaderText="Experience" DataField="NAME" ReadOnly="true"></telerik:TreeListBoundColumn>
                                    <telerik:TreeListTemplateColumn UniqueName="rblTempelatecolumn" HeaderText="YearsOfExperience">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:RadioButtonList ID="rblYearsOfExp" runat="server" Enabled="false" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatLayout="Flow">
                                                <asp:ListItem Text="0-5" Value="1"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Text="6-10" Value="2"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Text="11-15" Value="3"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Text="16-20" Value="4"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Text="20+" Value="5"></asp:ListItem>
                                            </asp:RadioButtonList>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:TreeListTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:TreeListBoundColumn UniqueName="CATGROUPID" DataField="CATGROUPID" Visible="false" ReadOnly="true"></telerik:TreeListBoundColumn>
                                </Columns>
                            </telerik:RadTreeList>
                            <telerik:RadButton ID="rbtnCINext" runat="server" Text="Next>>" OnClick="rbtnCINext_OnClick">
                            </telerik:RadButton>
                            
                        </ItemTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
on the code side this is what i am doing

    protected void OnCheckedChanged_chkGroups(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        RadPanelItem CandidateInformation = rpbMainInfo.FindItemByValue("CandidateInformation");
        RadTreeList rtlSpecsGroup = (RadTreeList)CandidateInformation.FindControl("rtlSpecsGroup");
        ((sender as CheckBox).NamingContainer as TreeListDataItem).Selected = (sender as CheckBox).Checked;
            foreach (TreeListDataItem tlTreeName in rtlSpecsGroup.Items)
            {
                string ParentId = tlTreeName["CATGROUPID"].Text;
                RadioButtonList rbtnlist = (RadioButtonList)tlTreeName.FindControl("rblYearsOfExp");
                if ((sender as CheckBox).Checked == true)
                {
                    if (tlTreeName.Selected == true)
                    {
                        if (ParentId == "1" || ParentId == "2" || ParentId == "3" || ParentId == "4")
                        {
                            tlTreeName.Expanded = true;
                          
                        }
                        
                    }
                   
                }
              
            }   
        
    }
what I am doing is On click of the check box I am trying to expand the parent item and also make the row selected.this part is working but the checkbox which I checked doesn't maintain.It returns the selected column with unchecked check box column.Itried with different styles but did not work out for me .Please let me know the best solution for the above problem

Thanks InAdvance,
Sravz
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
3 answers
239 views
Hi all,

This does not work when I call this from my server side code.

I get an error :'null is null or not an object.'

It seems that the documentation rarely mentions how to reference jscript from server side code and there are not enough examples to demonstrate this.

According to your documents I used:

var button = $find("<%= RadbuttonID.ClientID %>");



My code from the server is called onindexchanged of my combobox:

public void RadComboBox4_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs e)
        {
 
            ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "fireClientEvent", "changeButtonState()", true);
                        
 
        }

My javascript and ASPX code is:

function changeButtonState()
       {
          //alert('test popup');
           var button = $find("<%= btnSelectDeal.ClientID %>");
           alert(button.get_text());
        
      }

<telerik:RadButton runat="server" Text="Select" ID="btnSelectDeal"
                 UseSubmitBehavior="False"  Skin="Telerik"
                 OnClick="btnSelectDeal_Click" onclientclicked="OnClientClicked" >
            </telerik:RadButton>

I can get the first alert in my jscript to fire but not the second one. Any ideas? I have this script in my code in my RadScriptBlock.


Thanks
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
201 views
Hi Telerik Team,

    I have RadGrid with ten rows in it and i have created two buttons, namely "Previous" and "Next", by default the first of the rad grid will be selected and On clicking the Next button the next row of the rad grid should be selected and if user clicks the Previous button the previous row should be selected.
I have seen some help files and had a try on them, but none of them worked to me.

Please refer the image "Defaultview.JPG" how the rad grid appears when the page is loaded first time.

Please refer the image "Next.JPG" when the user clicks the Next button the rad grid appears like that.

Please refer the image "Previous.JPG" when the user clicks the Previous button the rad grid appears like that.

Please help me i am in big need of it.

I want to implement the above functionality using "Java Script"

Thanks & Regards
N A Chary.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
551 views
DataItem is always null when I activate the SelectedIndexChanged event. What am I doing wrong? using version 2011.2.712.35


<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdPolicyCoverage" runat="server" CellSpacing="0" GridLines="None">
    <headercontextmenu cssclass="GridContextMenu GridContextMenu_Default">
    </headercontextmenu>
    <mastertableview tablelayout="Auto" width="95%">
        <RowIndicatorColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter RowIndicator column">
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
        </RowIndicatorColumn>
        <ExpandCollapseColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter ExpandColumn column">
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
        </ExpandCollapseColumn>
        <EditFormSettings>
            <EditColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter EditCommandColumn column">
            </EditColumn>
        </EditFormSettings>
    </mastertableview>
    <clientsettings EnablePostBackOnRowClick="true" Selecting-AllowRowSelect="true">
     </clientsettings>
    <filtermenu enableimagesprites="False">
    </filtermenu>
</telerik:RadGrid>

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)
{
    base.OnInit(e);
    this.grdPolicyCoverage.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(grdPolicyCoverage_SelectedIndexChanged);
    this.grdPolicyCoverage.NeedDataSource += new GridNeedDataSourceEventHandler(grdPolicyCoverage_NeedDataSource);
 
}
private void grdPolicyCoverage_NeedDataSource(object sender, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
{
    PolicyCoverageList _policyCoverageList = GetPolicyCoverage();
    this.grdPolicyCoverage.DataSource = _policyCoverageList;
}
 
private void grdPolicyCoverage_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
    foreach (PolicyCoverage _selectedPolicy in this.grdPolicyCoverage.MasterTableView
            .Items.Cast<GridDataItem>().Where(item => item.Selected)
            .Select(item => item.DataItem as PolicyCoverage))
    {
        Session[SelectedPolicy] = _selectedPolicy;
    }
}



























Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
7 answers
144 views
Hi,

We are using RadEditor in our application. if we set the style as "COLOR: #000000" then it automatically convert in to "color: rgb(0, 0, 0)" and this happens while we switch from HTML mode to Design or Preview mode. 

The issue is, our application sends mails and email client such Outlook etc.. are not understanding the "rgb" attribute. It will be great if you can give the solution as soon as possible since application is live.

Thanks 
Anand
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?