Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
359 views
I have seen several posts about this error, and the general solution seems to be to make sure the Telerik Web Resource file is referenced in the <system.webServer><handlers> portion of the web config file. I have that reference in my web.config file, but I still get the error when a page containing a RadTreeView is loaded. The control won't load properly. Here is the entry from my web.config file:
<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
<add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>

I reference the RadScriptManager in a MasterPage.

This works perfectly when I deploy the site to IIS6.0 but, not when I deploy it to IIS7.

Any recommendations as to how to fix this problem?
Thanks.
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
9 answers
235 views
I have a need to have groupings in a combobox.   IE Users:  3 groups -  Admins, SuperUsers and Users with section headers and checkboxes for each user like this demo:  http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/templates/defaultcs.aspx

I would also like to have a checkbox at each section header to act as a check or uncheck all for that section.

Is this possible?
Ivana
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
7 answers
197 views
Hello,
I am using a RadEditor to allow the user to create a page, with some placeholders present for later substitution for real data.  For example, the user could be allowed to insert via a custom tool, a place holder for their project name, like so:

Project Name: [[ProjectName]]

In this example, the "[[ProjectName]]" is a placeholder for the project name data field that will be filled in with real data at a later time.  When the user inserts a placeholder, I am pasting html for a <table> tag into the editor content area, with the "[[ProjectName]]" text in the single cell of this table.  I would like the text content uneditable, so that the user cannot change or delete this text.  However, I would like to allow the user to change the font, size, and font style of the text.  This would allow the processor that completes the page to know what font, size, and style with which to fill in the real project name.

I have tried various combinations of the "contenteditable" and "unselectable" style attributes to no avail.  It seems that whenever I succeed in making the text uneditable, it also does not allow the font to be changed.

Maybe smarter heads can prevail?  Thanks for any help you can give.

Update: I forgot to mention, I am using Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2011 SP1, and Visual Studio 2008, and .NET Framework 3.5.

Regards,
Steve Harding
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
3 answers
352 views
Good Afternoon, I need something similar to a RadNumericTextBox that accepts only time inputs in this format hh:mm I don't need date.

here some examples:
125:00
3000:00
121:59

What telerik control can I use ?

Thank you
Emanuele
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
133 views
Hello,

I have a grid on a page where I have done layout with EZ-CSS.  The grid no longer allows re-sizing or reordering of columns.  Also AJAX data binding no longer works.

Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,
Andreas
Galin
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
134 views
Developing in Sharepoint 2007.
Creating a webpart in C#.
Normally  use Windows7 skin, but the user requires adjustments to various settings.
Used the demos phone support pointed me too.  But I'm working with ascx not a aspx so they didn't work.
Used the Visual Style Builder,  I'm going the way of creating the folder for the skin and copying it in and then dragging the css file to the page. 

Ok. The application recognizes the css and is using its settings.  The problem is the images such as the background and controls will not display.  Included them in the folder as well in a sub folder and the css points too them fine.  Even moved the css file around to see if it needed to be in the same folder, just for argument sake, and the path to the images makes its adjustment just fine.

Why won't this display the images? 

.RadGrid_ProBono .rgAdd,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgRefresh,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgEdit,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgDel,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgFilter,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgPagePrev,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgPageNext,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgPageFirst,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgPageLast,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgExpand,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgCollapse,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgSortAsc,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgSortDesc,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgUpdate,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgCancel,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgUngroup,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgExpXLS,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgExpDOC,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgExpPDF,
.RadGrid_ProBono .rgExpCSV,
{
        background-image:url('ProBonoSkin/Grid/sprite.gif');
}

File structure
Solution --> ProBonoSkin --> Grid --> sprite.gif
The ProBonoSkin folder is the root folder and then grid and inside are the images.

Solution --> ProBonoSkin --> CSS File
The CSS sits in the ProBonoSkin folder.

When the CSS file is moved around, as stated earlier, it corrects the path to the images on its own so I wouldn't think this is a '../' issue or anything.

The embedded  theme set to 'false' for the controls.

The  controltemplate  links are setup as well to the images and css file.  At one point this was not the case, but linking them isn't making a difference either. 


Getting the images to show is all that is needed.


Thanks!
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
2 answers
195 views
 Hi, I am using entity framework, ObjectDataSource and an object class to bind RadGrid. I want to access some of the controls in the edit form from the Object Data souce inserting event but need some help with this. I know i have to access  GridEditFormInsertItem somehow to access the control but I dont know how to reach it from the object Data source inserting event. So far all the examples I have seen are like

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCommand(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs e) 
       { 
           if ((e.CommandName == RadGrid.PerformInsertCommandName)) 
           { 
               //the dropdown list will be the first control in the Controls collection of the corresponding cell   
               DropDownList list = (e.Item as GridEditableItem)["ddlContactName"].Controls[0] as DropDownList; 
           } 
       }


This is really what I want to do...but from the ObjectDataSource Inserting event since I need to add an insert parameter for the object class my objectDatasource is tied to....I have tried to access the GridCommandEventArgs or the GridEditFormInsertItem like below but no luck so far... can someone please show me how to do this?

protected void ObjectDataSource1_Inserting(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceMethodEventArgs e) 
        { 
                
            ((DAL.DTO.DataTypeObject)e.InputParameters[0]).product.product_id = (int)Session["CustomerID"]; 
       
             //These dont work...how can I access my Edit form or GridCommandEventArgs from this event in objectDatasource      
             //inserting event to access my dropdownlist?? 
            //Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormInsertItem myInsertForm = ((Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormInsertItem)RadGrid1.FindControl("EditFormControl")); 
    
            //Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormInsertItem myInsertForm = ((Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormInsertItem)RadGrid1.EditItems[0]);

                       }
Farhan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
454 views
I have a problem when using the RadFormDecorator.
In IE6, when I disable a RadioButtonList (also with RadioButton, CheckBox and CheckBoxList), they are displayed as selected, only the display, but the controls are not really selected.

The following example:
<asp:RadioButtonList ID="rbl_radio_list" runat="server" Enabled="false">
    <asp:ListItem Text="Radio List Item 1" Value="1"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Text="Radio List Item 2" Value="2"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Text="Radio List Item 3" Value="3"></asp:ListItem>
</asp:RadioButtonList>
 
<asp:RadioButton ID="rdb_radio" runat="server" Text="Radio 1" Enabled="false" Checked="false"/>
 
<asp:CheckBoxList ID="cbl_check_list" runat="server" Enabled="false">
    <asp:ListItem Text="Check List Item 1" Value="1"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Text="Check List Item 2" Value="2"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Text="Check List Item 3" Value="3"></asp:ListItem>
</asp:CheckBoxList>
 
<asp:CheckBox ID="cbx_check" runat="server" Text="Check 1" Enabled="false" Checked="false" />
 
<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="rfd_radio" runat="server" DecoratedControls="RadioButtons"  />
<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="rfd_check" runat="server" DecoratedControls="CheckBoxes"  />

Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
116 views
In my share point application user control, I have a RadEditor and a hyper link. clicking on the hyperlink would open a modaldialog. when user select some data and click on apply button in the modaldialog, the data should automatically insert into the RadEditor. How to achieve this?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
3 answers
113 views
Hi All,

I have created a Rad Grid with Pagination and got a <Select All> button to select all items on current page.

Now, everything works fine, except that when I navigate from 1 page to another then I want to get all selected items count of new page, but what I am getting is selected item of old page.
Eg: I have selected 5 items of Page No. 1, now when I go to Page No. 2, I get selected items as 5 instead of 0.

How to get selected items of clicked (new) page?

Please help me regarding this issue!!!

Dhaval
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?