Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
101 views
I need to make the entire time slot (the cell for a given day) clickable to the detail view of the day. So the same behaviour as clicking the date link but for the whole cell. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
2 answers
107 views
Hello,

I have a costume skin that works fine, except when I implement the 'HeaderStyle-CssClass="rgcItemName" ' inside the grid's columns.  The background color on the header doesn't change when you sort.  How can manipulate this css class (HeaderStyle-CssClass="rgcItemName" ) in order to activate the background color when you click a header in order for it to sort?

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Name" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" HeaderStyle-CssClass="rgcItemName" ItemStyle-CssClass="rgcItemName"
                            HeaderTooltip="Full spelled out name of the primitive. May not exceed 200 characters." SortExpression="name">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <%#Container.DataItem("name").ToString%>
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>


HeaderStyle-CssClass="rgcItemName"

.rgcItemName
{
    width:13%;
}


your help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

German
German
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
2 answers
335 views

Hello.

I was wondering if someone has experienced this problem and knows how to fix it.

In my web application, when a page with a RadScheduler component is launched, the current date is displayed on top of the component in the following format: Tuesday, August 30, 2011.

After a second or two, the date changes to 8/30/2011.

What should I do to prevent the change in the date format?

Thank you in advance.
Paulo

Paulo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
132 views
I would like to prevent the selection of all child items. All I need is the main items to expand to show the child. I need to eliminate that back ground and the action of the selection of the child item.

Thanks,

TC

Here is my code so far.

<style type="text/css">
    .RadPanelBar .rpRootGroup
    {
        border: none !important;
        text-decoration: none;
    }
    
    .RadPanelBar .rpRootGroup .rpLink .rpSelected
    {
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    
    .RadPanelBar .rpRootGroup .rpLink, .RadPanelBar .rpRootGroup .rpOut
    {
        border: 0 !important;
        padding: 0 !important;
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    .RadPanelBar .rpExpandHandle
    {
        display: none !important;
    }
</style>


<telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server" ID="RadPanelBar1" Width="90%">
</telerik:RadPanelBar>

codebehind: RadPanelBar1.LoadContentFile("Files/HomeLoanFAQs.xml");


<PanelBar>
  <Item Text="What is a mortgage?">
    <Item Text="A Mortgage (also called a home loan) is a legal contract made between a lender and a borrower that uses property as collateral to secure the loan. The lender can take possession of the property if the borrower fails to pay the prearranged home loan payments." />
  </Item>
  <Item Text="What is a mortgage refinance?" >
    <Item Text="A homeowner acquires a new loan in order to pay off their existing mortgage loan. A couple reasons that homeowners refinance obtain a lower interest rate and/or access cash form their home equity in the way of &quot;cash out refinance&quot;." />
  </Item>
  <Item Text="What is a second mortgage?" >
    <Item Text="A second mortgage loan is a lien, which is in second position, behind the first mortgage loan. Both the first and second mortgage loans are secured by the same property. Generally a second mortgage loan is based on the amount of equity in the property." />
  </Item>
</PanelBar>


Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
236 views
We have some users who are getting the following exception when uploading:

Error in: https://myserver/cloud/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?type=rau

Error message: Request timed out.

I checked with one who got it several times and it sounds like she is running Silverlight. Is there a setting I need to tweak to keep it from timing out?

Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
14 answers
284 views
Hey Telerik,

I ran in an interesting issue today. I deployed a web application that uses FileExplorer.... some browsers can't press the "Select" button in the Upload window. The cursor changes to a "hand" like you can click on it... but no amount of clicking around will execute it.

It's strange...  I've seen it happen in both IE and Firefox.

I know there is a control buried underneath it.... I've search the forums but didn't see anything.

Telerik.web.ui.dll: 2011.1.322.40
Firefox: 3.6.16
Flash: 10,1,102,64

Any clue on what's going ok ?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/NLEZq.png

-Josh
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
216 views
Hi,

I just installed Raditor 5.8.10 on my SP2010 farm.  I see the following exception on my WFE server.  Any idea?
=========================================================================

08/31/2011 20:57:31.70  w3wp.exe (0x0390)                        0x12D0 SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected System.Exception: Invalid Configuration File: /_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.8.10.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ConfigFile.xml. Error message: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\_wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.8.10.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\ConfigFile.xml'.    at Telerik.SharePoint.MOSSRadEditor.GetValidConfigFile()     at Telerik.SharePoint.MOSSRadEditor.ProcessConfigFile()     at Telerik.SharePoint.MOSSRadEditor.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at Telerik.SharePoint.RadHtmlField.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.... 6e471adf-4e18-42e2-bd63-948f1e33bf6d
08/31/2011 20:57:31.70* w3wp.exe (0x0390)                        0x12D0 SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 6e471adf-4e18-42e2-bd63-948f1e33bf6d
Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
7 answers
322 views
Hi all,

I have tried in vain to  find code to enable  a radmultipage on the clientside.

basically i have an "Edit" button, whose functionality is to  change a tabstrip from readonly  to not readonly..

I  would be grateful if anyone out there  has got an example of this

Thanks

Mark
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
2 answers
119 views

I am tryin to use RadScheduler to display a month-vew with 5-6 events a month in the calendar. Each event has a Subject, start time, end time and description that needs to be displayed. None of the events will be on the same day. How can I get these events to fill up the entire cell (day) in the scheduler so that all of the info is visible (about 85 pixels high)? Adjusting the row height allows for this display but it also makes each cell longer and I can not fit the entire calendar in a single screen without scrolling. My code is as follows:

<telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" DataDescriptionField="description"
           DataEndField="end_time" DataKeyField="pk_training_session_id" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"
           DataStartField="start_time" DataSubjectField="session_type" EnableDescriptionField="True"
           FirstDayOfWeek="Monday" Height="550px" LastDayOfWeek="Friday" SelectedView="MonthView"
           CustomAttributeNames="registration_link">
           <AppointmentTemplate>
               <div style="margin-bottom: 4px;">
                   <b>
                       <asp:HyperLink ID="RegistrationLinkHyperLink" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Subject") %>'
                           NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("registration_link") %>' ToolTip="Click to Register"></asp:HyperLink>
                   </b>
               </div>
               <div>
                   <span style="width: 60px; display: inline-block;">Start Time:</span>  <%# Eval("Start", "{0:t}") %></div>
               <div style="margin-bottom: 4px;">
                   <span style="width: 60px; display: inline-block;">End Time:</span>  <%# Eval("End", "{0:t}") %></div>
               <p>
                   <%# Eval("Description") %>
               </p>
           </AppointmentTemplate>
       </telerik:RadScheduler>


Does anyone know of a solution?

Phil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
5 answers
122 views
Hi,
I am creating several RadGrids programmatically at runtime and am using custom templates for the CommandItemTemplate and for the MasterTableView.EditFormSettings.FormTemplate.  The CommandItemTemplate has a button with command name "InitInsert" and this functions properly and displays my custom FormTemplate.  The FormTemplate has a button with command name "PerformInsert", but the RadGrid ItemCommand function is never fired.

If I call RadGrid.DataBind() immediately upon creation of the RadGrid, the ItemCommand function will fire, but when the "InitInsert" command is fired, the grid which is not the one being edited loses its data and displays blank rows instead.

How can I get the RadGrid to fire its ItemCommand event and maintain the other Grids' data? 
Thank you for your help!
-Brandon
Brandon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?