Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
173 views
Hello,
I want to make an initial sorting when grid is loaded first but, when I press column header to sort, I want to dismiss initial sorting expressions and follow the grid default sorting procedures. Is that possible? I already know how to sort programmatically but I cannot correctly remove sorting expressions when I don't need them.
Thank you.
Dmitry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
235 views
I am having trouble reading this xml file into Telerik  Ajax RadGrid. The problem is that the xml file is in a weird format that Telerik does not seem to recognize.  Here is an example from the xml file that I want to read into my grid. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
 

<Attribute>
     <Object>
         <Id>27</Id>
         <Type>212</Type>
    </Object>
   <AttributeDef>
        <Id>38</Id>
  </AttributeDef>
  <RowId>0</RowId>
  <StringValue/>
  <DecimalValue xsi:nil="true"/>
  <DateTimeValue xsi:nil="true"/>
  <LongStringValue/>
  <IsLinked>Y</IsLinked>
  <MayModify>Y</MayModify>
  <ValueDescription/>
</Attribute>
Elliott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
235 views
Hi,
I am using RAD Grid, Export To Excel feature and some special characters are not included in Excel Sheet.
Can anyone help about this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sanjiv
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
10 answers
282 views
I have dynamically created grid in my application in which one column is numaric one.

i want to change its formate accordinging to localization of machine.

eg. English US (en-US) locazlizaton on our machine , if want to write  100 number in US localization then we will write it as
1,00.00
if its Argentina Spanish (es-AR) localization then 1.00,00

like wise.

i want o use localization for that specific column. how to do that?



Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
90 views


Hi,

I have attched a screen shot .My requirement is to diplay of Treelist data should be in the Screenshot format.
I mean when we click on the  15 it should display data of Question ,Code ,Description ,Permit Type.

is it possible in Treelist how?

Thanks,
Sindu.


Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
4 answers
145 views
Hi there, 

I have a problem on one of my machines when loading the xml in the treeview. 

This error is being thrown:

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
;error CS2001: Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\duyigyoo.0.cs' could not be found
;error CS2008: No inputs specified
;
;   at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
;   at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
;   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
;   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
;   at Telerik.Web.UI.ControlItemContainer.LoadXml(String xml)
;   at GF.Common.Web.FEViews.Pages.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)"


Any ideas?

Thanks
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
101 views
Hi
I have radgrid in my application.
I have once requirement.
I have 7 cloumns of string type and one datetime column.
I'm adding only 3 filter menu items for 6 string type columns.
I want to add some date specific options for Datetime field.
I'm adding filter options as below.
protected void callogGrd_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
   {
       int i = 0;
        
       GridFilterMenu menu = callogGrd.FilterMenu;
       while (i < menu.Items.Count)
       {
           if ((menu.Items[i].Text == "Contains") || (menu.Items[i].Text == "StartsWith") || (menu.Items[i].Text == "NoFilter"))
           {
               i++;
           }
           else
           {
               menu.Items.RemoveAt(i);
           }
       }
   }
Its not showing for datetime fileds.
What are datetime specific filters and How cloud I add to only datetime filed.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
6 answers
146 views
the default for RadToolBarButton puts an "image" area where the background is a different color, i would like to hide this section for all toolbarbuttons.  I've seen the ImagePosition property, but there is no "none".

Any ideas?  Am I just missed something here?
Yeroon
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
140 views
Hello,

We found the problem with displaying the input fields in Upload popup of FileExplorer which can be reproduced on your demo in IE7 browser (see attached screenshot).
Could this problem be resolved in some way?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.

Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
2 answers
136 views
I have an existing rad editor in a webpage that loads an HTML document with css markup.  The document contains links to external css files, and both the document and its css files are in a completely different place than that of the folder in which the editor webpage resides.  I programatically add the css files to the editor through the codebehind.

When I run the editor, the document loads and renders with the correct css markup in design mode.  When I move the editor's cursor over the content area, the ApplyClass toolbar button displays the correct name of any class that happens to be under the cursor's position.  But, when I expand the ApplyClass droplist, I find that it is empty with the exception of a single entry "Clear Class".  The droplist does not contain any of the classes in the css files I've programatically added to the cssfiles property.

My understanding is that if the cssclasses property is set to be empty, the editor should automatically load all the class names contained in the files specified by cssfiles.  I've done this too, but it didn't help.  Do you know what's going wrong?  I don't want to hardcode any class names as the css files are dynamically generated and will always be changing for each editing session.

I'm using Telerik RAD controls 2011.2.915.35 on windows 7 SP1 and am launching the page from inside of visual studio 2008 on the personal web browser.

The code in which I take a directory of the document folder and add all the css files found follows:

protected System.String loadCSS(System.String strFilePath,  ref RadEditor radEditor)
{
    System.String result = "OK";
    try
    {
        if (strFilePath.IndexOf(":") < 0 && strFilePath.IndexOf("//") < 0)
        {
            strFilePath = Server.MapPath(strFilePath);//its a virtual path so map it to a physical one
        }

        System.String strPublishingFolder = Path.GetDirectoryName(strFilePath);
        foreach (System.String strCSSfile in Directory.GetFiles(strPublishingFolder, "*.css"))
        {
            radEditor.CssFiles.Add(strCSSfile);
        }//EOF strCSSfile in Directory.GetFiles
        radEditor.CssClasses.Add("", "");
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        System.Object oe = (Object)ex;
        result = "loadCSS: " + et.rptError(ref oe);
    }//try
    return result;
}//EOF loadCSS


The rad editor control markup is:

<telerik:RadEditor ID="telerikeditor" Runat="server" 
                   OnClientLoad="onClientLoad"
                   OnClientCommandExecuting="OnClientCommandExecuting">
    <Tools>
        <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpInputOutput">
            <telerik:EditorTool ImageUrl="Images/radeditorSave.gif" 
                Name="Save" ShowText="False" 
                Text="Save" />
            <telerik:EditorTool ImageUrl="Images/radeditorSaveAs.gif" 
                Name="SaveAs" ShowText="False" 
                Text="Save As" />
            <telerik:EditorSeparator />    
            <telerik:EditorTool Name="PageProperties" />
            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Print" />  
        </telerik:EditorToolGroup>    
        <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpAids"> 
            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Help" />
            <telerik:EditorDropDown Name="Zoom"></telerik:EditorDropDown>
        </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
        <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpCheckers">
             <telerik:EditorTool Name="AjaxSpellCheck" />
         </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
         <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpFind">
             <telerik:EditorTool Name="FindAndReplace" />
             <telerik:EditorTool Name="SelectAll" />
         </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
         <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpRecover">
          <telerik:EditorSplitButton Name="Undo"></telerik:EditorSplitButton>
          <telerik:EditorSplitButton Name="Redo"></telerik:EditorSplitButton>
         </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
         <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpCutNpaste">
           <telerik:EditorTool Name="Cut" />
           <telerik:EditorTool Name="Copy" />
           <telerik:EditorTool Name="Paste" ShortCut="CTRL+V" />
           <telerik:EditorSeparator />
           <telerik:EditorTool Name="PasteFromWord" />
           <telerik:EditorTool Name="StripWord" />
         </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
         <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpInsert">
            <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertParagraph" />
            <telerik:EditorSplitButton Name="InsertSymbol"></telerik:EditorSplitButton>
         </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
         <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpTextFont">
             <telerik:EditorDropDown Name="FormatBlock"></telerik:EditorDropDown>
             <telerik:EditorDropDown Name="FontName"></telerik:EditorDropDown>
             <telerik:EditorDropDown Name="RealFontSize"></telerik:EditorDropDown>
         </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
         <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpMarkup">
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="ApplyClass"></telerik:EditorTool>
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="Underline" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="ConvertToLower" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="ConvertToUpper" />
               <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertHorizontalRule" />
          </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
          <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpAlignment">
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyLeft" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyCenter" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyRight" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyFull" />
          </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
          <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpLists">
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertOrderedList" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertUnorderedList" />
              <telerik:EditorSeparator />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="Indent" />
              <telerik:EditorTool Name="Outdent" />
          </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
            <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpImages">
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertImage" />
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="ImageManager" ShortCut="CTRL+M" />
            </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
            <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="grpCalendar">
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertDate" />
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertTime" />                
            </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
     </Tools>
     <Content>
     </Content>
</telerik:RadEditor>
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?