Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
425 views
Hi,
 I am getting the exception message during Clear the control information.
Actually we have a panel that contain search criteria with clear button. If I serch any thing and related information getting into grid.
after editing this grid information when I clicked to clear button a exception message showing. as below

"Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Script control 'Ddxyz' is not a registered script control. Script controls must be registered using RegisterScriptControl() before calling RegisterScriptDescriptors(). Parameter name: scriptControl" Please try again

Please help me How can I short out this exception message.

Thanks
Jaichand
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
2 answers
140 views
I have been given a page where all the colums are defined in the front end code. I have always built my tables up in the code behind and never had a problem extracting values from the table. Here is an example of a column that i am having difficulty getting a value from:
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Effective From" UniqueName="EffectiveFromEdit" Visible="false">
<ItemTemplate>
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpMinDateEdit" runat="server" Width="140px" DateInput-EmptyMessage='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"EffectiveFrom") %>'
 MaxDate="01/01/3000" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="247">
<Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="247" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False"
  UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x">
 </Calendar>
<DateInput ID="DateInput1" runat="server" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" DisplayDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy"
EmptyMessage="">
</DateInput>
<DatePopupButton HoverImageUrl="" ImageUrl="" />
</telerik:RadDatePicker>
 </ItemTemplate>
 </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

In the code behind, here is the code i am attempting to use, this works on pages where i have defined the columns in the code behind:
GridEditableItem UpdateItem = (GridEditableItem)e.Item;
fmsdupdate.EffectiveTo = Convert.ToDateTime((UpdateItem["EffectiveToEdit"].Controls[0] as RadDatePicker).SelectedDate);

I have also tried to explicity accces the control (this works for other controls on this page):

fmsdupdate.EffectiveFrom = Convert.ToDateTime (((RadDatePicker)UpdateItem.FindControl("rdpMinDateEdit")).SelectedDate);

The date always comes back as 00/00/0001 or null despite a date being picked in the control. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
3 answers
262 views
every time I paste a table from MS word the formatting gets all screwed up.  either the width is too much or the font is wrong.  In one particular case, it was adding the <p class = "tlbBody"> to certain cells.  I have found no way to get rid of that using the edit buttons.  I can manually delete the <p class> statement but that is so much work; it would be easier to recreate the table from scratch.

I can paste in text that has a font is not included with Radeditor.  so how does that work? is the recommendation to only use the built in fonts that Radeditor has?  because if I ever accidently switch fonts I can no longer type in that font.

is there a preferred web browser to edit with?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
2 answers
204 views
Hi There,

I had the thought today that it would be nice to have a button in the title bar of my RadDocks which would "pop" them out of their DockZone and make them freely draggable around the screen.  I see that there is an undock() function, but is there a way to add this functionality to the title bar?

It looks as if I would have to create a custom template for the title bar, but I am not sure how to go about that.

Thanks for any help,

Daniel
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
9 answers
313 views
Hi all,

Have a question about multiple RadWindows on one page that I try to open client-side.

These are my windows defined on my page:
<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="windowManager" runat="server"> 
        <Windows> 
            <telerik:RadWindow Skin="Sitefinity" InitialBehaviors="None" VisibleStatusbar="false" 
                Width="650px" Height="725px" Behaviors="Close" ID="wdKitchenSetup" runat="server" 
                Modal="true" Overlay="false"> 
            </telerik:RadWindow> 
            <telerik:RadWindow Skin="Sitefinity" InitialBehaviors="None" Visible="false" Width="400px" 
                Height="400px" Behaviors="Close" ID="wdWashupSetup" runat="server" Modal="true" Overlay="false"> 
            </telerik:RadWindow> 
        </Windows> 
    </telerik:RadWindowManager> 

These are the js functions I use.
The ShowKitchenSetup is working okay. It shows a popup with the content of the referred url.
The ShowWashupSetup gives an error. (see thread title)

function ShowWashupSetup(id) { 
 
                // Define the ajaxManager 
                var ajaxPanel = $find("<%= ajaxPanel.ClientID %>"); 
 
                // Concat the arguments 
                var arguments = "Washup, " + id; 
 
                // Execute the ajax request 
                ajaxPanel.ajaxRequest(arguments); 
 
                // Define the window manager 
                var manager = GetRadWindowManager(); 
 
                // Define the url with parameters 
                var url = "ConfigWashup.aspx?id=" + id; 
 
                // Get the window 
                var wnd = manager.getWindowByName("wdWashupSetup"); 
 
                // Set the url 
                wnd.setUrl(url); 
 
                // Show the window 
                wnd.show(); 
 
            } 
 
            function ShowKitchenSetup(id) { 
 
                // Define the ajaxManager 
                var ajaxPanel = $find("<%= ajaxPanel.ClientID %>"); 
 
                // Concat the arguments 
                var arguments = "KitchenSetup, " + id; 
 
                // Execute the ajax request 
                ajaxPanel.ajaxRequest(arguments); 
 
                // Define the window manager 
                var manager = GetRadWindowManager(); 
 
                // Define the url with parameters 
                var url = "ConfigKitchen.aspx?id=" + id; 
 
                // Get the window 
                var wnd = manager.getWindowByName("wdKitchenSetup"); 
 
                // Set the url 
                wnd.setUrl(url); 
 
                // Show the window 
                wnd.show(); 
            } 

Anyone has an idea why this won't work?

Thanks,
Daniel
Subhash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
2 answers
186 views

When a RadEditor is inside a RadDock that is collapsed by default the editor control isn't drawn correctly when the dock is expanded.  We setup the editor to display in a very basic fashion (no toolbars, displaying statistics and spell check).  It appears that the code that runs to size the various parts of the control doesn't execute if the containing dock is collapsed by default and expanding the dock after that doesn't trigger a redraw.  Is there a fix or workaround I can implement to correct the behavior?

See the code below (Default.aspx and the ToolFile referenced by the Editor).  There is nothing in the code-behind.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadDockLayout ID="RadDockLayout1" runat="server">  
            <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server" Width="900px">  
                <telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock1" runat="server" Width="900px" Height="300px" DockMode="Docked" DefaultCommands="ExpandCollapse" Title="Collapsed" 
                    Collapsed="true">  
                    <ContentTemplate> 
                        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" 
                            AutoResizeHeight="true" Height="55px" Width="800px"   
                            EnableResize="false" ToolbarMode="Default" EditModes="Design" 
                            ToolsFile="ToolFile.xml">  
                            <Modules> 
                                <telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorStatistics" Enabled="true" Visible="true" /> 
                            </Modules>                              
                        </telerik:RadEditor> 
                    </ContentTemplate> 
                </telerik:RadDock> 
                <telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock2" runat="server" Width="900px" Height="300px" DockMode="Docked" DefaultCommands="ExpandCollapse" Title="Expanded">  
                    <ContentTemplate> 
                        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor2" runat="server" 
                            AutoResizeHeight="true" Height="55px" Width="800px" 
                            EnableResize="false" ToolbarMode="Default" EditModes="Design" 
                            ToolsFile="ToolFile.xml">  
                            <Modules> 
                                <telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorStatistics" Enabled="true" Visible="true" /> 
                            </Modules> 
                        </telerik:RadEditor> 
                    </ContentTemplate> 
                </telerik:RadDock>                  
            </telerik:RadDockZone> 
        </telerik:RadDockLayout> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

 

<root> 
    <tools name="SpellCheck" enabled="true" DockingZone="Right">  
        <tool name="AjaxSpellCheck" /> 
    </tools> 
</root> 

 

Yeroon
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
157 views
I am using CustomProvider to show files from a shared network drive in a web application.

when user 'Open' a file from the FileExplorer, modify the file and hit 'save' they will expect to save the file back to the Server directly( Ignoring the file was actually stored in internet temporary folder).

does anybody have solution or suggestion on it?

Thanks


Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
85 views
hi
AsyncUpload not well formed in opera when document is Right-to-left
please fix it!
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/asyncupload/examples/rtl/defaultcs.aspx
thanx
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
1 answer
78 views
Hi,

Does anybody have experience with the ASP.NET AJAX  components on CEHTML (Consumer Electronics HTML).
We have some inquiries regarding Smart TV apps and of course :-) we want to use Telerik.

please let me know.

BR Marc

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
4 answers
587 views
I am simply calling radConfirm which opens up the default "OK" and "Cancel" buttons. However the "Cancel" button does not have focus.
   Is there a property or client side code that can set focus on "Cancel" button
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?