The documentation for changing RadGrid filter menu options in JavaScript is incorrect. This documentation is at How to reduce filter options in RadGrid.
The documentation says to subscribe to the OnClientShowing event of FilterMenu, but that event never fires when the OnFilterMenuShowing event fires. The correct event should be OnClientShown of FilterMenu.
<ClientSettings>
<ClientEvents OnFilterMenuShowing="filterMenuShowing" />
</ClientSettings>
<FilterMenu OnClientShown="menuShown" Enabled="true" />
Your documentation provides the following markup, which is incorrect for the reason above.
<ClientSettings>
<Scrolling AllowScroll="false" />
<ClientEvents OnFilterMenuShowing="filterMenuShowing" />
</ClientSettings>
<FilterMenu OnClientShowing="MenuShowing" />
Hi,
I have a customer request which asks for direct persistence of the RadGrid column order when a column is dropped in place with reordering.
I have tried the server way and client way, but I can only get it to work with a button command, so I think this has something to do with the system only knowing the new column order on postback.
Could you think of a way to make this work directly with Persistance Framework and AJAX?
Regards,
Marc
<telerik:RadGrid ID="gvResults" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" Skin="Windows7" GridLines="None" AllowMultiRowSelection="True">
<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" PagerTextFormat="Change page: {4} {5} văn bản / {1} trang" PageSizeLabelText="Số văn bản" EnableSEOPaging="False" />
<MasterTableView ClientDataKeyNames="Id" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" NoMasterRecordsText="Không tìm thấy dữ liệu.">
<Columns>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Số ký hiệu" DataField="Notation" HeaderStyle-Width="120px">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Ngày ký" DataField="CreatedDate" HeaderStyle-Width="70px" DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
</Columns>
</MasterTableView>
<ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
<ClientEvents OnCommand="gvResults_Command" />
</ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>
My website uses Telerik RadGrid version ASP.NET AJAX. In mid-July, after Google updated Chrome, for a while, the page using RadGrid kept reloading continuously and added ? at the end of the address. ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvArticleChangePage=1, had to restart IIS to resolve the issue, but it reoccurred after a few days. At the same time, opening it with Safari and Firefox had no issues at all. I suspect that Chrome has updated some feature, so may I ask how to fix.
All pages using radgrid are affected, for example, one radgrid is currently affected.
<telerik:RadGrid ID="gvResults" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" Skin="Windows7" GridLines="None" AllowMultiRowSelection="True">
<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" PagerTextFormat="Change page: {4} {5} văn bản / {1} trang" PageSizeLabelText="S12" />
<MasterTableView ClientDataKeyNames="Id" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" NoMasterRecordsText="Không tìm thấy dữ liệu.">
<Columns>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Số ký hiệu" DataField="Notation" HeaderStyle-Width="120px">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Ngày ký" DataField="CreatedDate" HeaderStyle-Width="70px" DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
</Columns>
</MasterTableView>
<ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
<ClientEvents OnCommand="gvResults_Command" />
</ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>
<telerik:RadGrid ID="dtgUses" runat="server" AllowSorting="true" AllowMultiRowEdit="true" AllowFilteringByColumn="true" PageSize="5" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowFooter="true" EnableHeaderContextMenu="true" Width="96%" EnableHeaderContextFilterMenu="true" OnPreRender="dtgUses_PreRender" OnNeedDataSource="dtgUses_NeedDataSource" OnItemDataBound="dtgUses_ItemDataBound" OnItemCommand="dtgUses_ItemCommand" AllowCustomPaging="true"> <ClientSettings AllowGroupExpandCollapse="true"> <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" ScrollHeight="125px" UseStaticHeaders="true" /> </ClientSettings> <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" /> <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Id" GroupLoadMode="Server" AllowNaturalSort="true" ShowGroupFooter="true" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" CommandItemDisplay="Top" CommandItemSettings-ShowRefreshButton="False" EditMode="InPlace" IsFilterItemExpanded="false" FooterStyle-Wrap="false" TableLayout="Fixed"> <Columns> <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="Use" HeaderText="Occupancy" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" HeaderStyle-Width="125px" SortExpression="UseCodeDescr"> <ItemTemplate> <%# Eval("UseCodeDescr")%> </ItemTemplate> <EditItemTemplate> <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="cbUseCode" DataTextField="Descr" DataValueField="Id" Width="100%" /> </EditItemTemplate> </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="Quality" HeaderText="Grade" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" HeaderStyle-Width="70px" SortExpression="QualityShortDescr"> <ItemTemplate> <%# Eval("QualityShortDescr")%> </ItemTemplate> <EditItemTemplate> <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="cbQuality" DataTextField="Descr" DataValueField="Id" Width="100%" /> </EditItemTemplate> </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="Condition" HeaderText="Cond" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" HeaderStyle-Width="70px" SortExpression="ConditionShortDescr"> <ItemTemplate> <%# Eval("ConditionShortDescr")%> </ItemTemplate> <EditItemTemplate> <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="cbCondition" DataTextField="Descr" DataValueField="Id" Width="100%" /> </EditItemTemplate> </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="EffectiveYearBuilt" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderText="Eff. Year" HeaderStyle-Width="50px" SortExpression="EffectiveYearBuilt" UniqueName="EffectiveYearBuilt" DataType="System.Int16"> </telerik:GridBoundColumn> <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="YearRemodeled" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderText="Remodel Year" HeaderStyle-Width="75px" SortExpression="YearRemodeled" UniqueName="YearRemodeled" DataType="System.Int16" FooterText="Total Area:" FooterStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"> </telerik:GridBoundColumn> <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ActualArea" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderText="Actual Area" HeaderStyle-Width="50px" ReadOnly="true" SortExpression="ActualArea" UniqueName="ActualArea" Aggregate="Sum" FooterAggregateFormatString="{0:G}" DataType="System.Decimal" FooterStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"> </telerik:GridBoundColumn> <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Percent" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataType="System.Decimal" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderStyle-Width="50px" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderText="% of Section" SortExpression="Percent" UniqueName="PercentOfSection" DataFormatString="{0:P}" ReadOnly="true"> </telerik:GridBoundColumn> <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="Delete" CommandName="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderStyle-Width="20px" ImageUrl="~/skins/GovernBlue/Telerik/Grid/Delete.gif" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete this use?" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" ShowInEditForm="true" /> </Columns> </MasterTableView> </telerik:RadGrid>Hello,
I have a page which opens from a master page in RadWindow. Inside it I have RadGrid with ClientDeleteColumn.
When I set ClientIDMode=“Static” of RadGrid, OnGridCreated client event stops firing and clicking ClientDeleteColumn returns JavaScript error “Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘_clientDelete’) but the codebehind delete method executes. If I remove ClientIDMode=“Static” everything looks fine, OnGridCreated fires, clicking ClientDeleteColumn gets no errors but the codebehind delete method doesn’t execute (no log entries and after reloading the page the “deleted” row returns). What could be the problem and how to solve it? Thanks!
Hi
I am using visual studio 2022 c# .netframework 4.8 to create my application.
I am using telerik radgrid which has paging enabled. On the page there is a couple of inputs fields that users can enter, then when they run the Display button the values are passed the query that is run to populate the grid.
This works great if your on the first page of the data, if you scroll to the other pages and change the input fields value and click display the grid returns no rows. Even though the datasource has the correct rows, the grid is displaying no rows.
You can see the datasource has data returned
But the grid display nothing