I was working on a simple test page and decided to load the latest Telerik DLLs (2020.3.915) for my asp.net webforms website. I added a RadWizard to the page, all was working fine until I updated the page directive to set the ClientIDMode to Static.
Using the devtools in Chrome, it shows the following error coming from ScriptResource.axd
"Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded"
I also noticed in the rendered HTML markup that the RadWizard did NOT use a static id. In VS, the control was given an id of "wizardMain", but in the rendered HTML, I got the asp.net mangled version instead:
<div id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_wizardMain" class="RadWizard RadWizard_Default rwzHorizontal">
In general, the whole wizard markup was kind of messed up. Take the ClientIDMode out of the page directive and it goes back to rendering and working as expected (so far).
Version loaded into project via nuget:
<package id="Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Ajax.Net45" version="2020.3.915" targetFramework="net48" />