So I downloaded the telerik toolkit trial first and then I downloaded visual studio 2017. I followed the link below to add the toolkit into visual studio, but I'm getting a message that says "There are no usuable controls in this group. Drag an item onto this text to add it to the toolbox." Is there another method to try for adding the toolkit?
9 Answers, 1 is accepted
I am sorry for the late reply.
I would recommend to use the Toolbox Configuration utility which is a part of our Visual Studio extensions. Here is how to install our Visual Studio extensions:
1. Launch Extensions and Updates (Tools | Extensions and Updates...).
2. Navigate to Online.
3. Search for "telerik asp.net ajax vsextensions".
4. Download and install Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions.
You can find more about the Toolbox Configuration utility here:
Telerik by Progress
No worries. Ok so I've tried the 4 steps you suggested, and it did do an update and it said it installed the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions successfully, but still nothing is appearing the in the toolbox. I tried to run the toolbox configuration utility after that to see if it would do anything, and VS2017 did restart but nothing changed. I tried going through the choose items method once more and it tells me the files were "successfully added but are not enabled in the active designer". So I'm being told everything was installed fine, but then my toolbox doesn't show any of the telerik tools.
Any other ideas for what could check or try? I'm using .NET 4.5 so I don't think that's the issue, but I'm not sure what the issue could be.
I've just seen that you have initiated a private communication regarding this issue. We will respond there.
Telerik by Progress
Hello Angel How can solved the issue with Vs 2017?
Here are some general troubleshooting steps for Visual Studio 2017 toolbox:
First, make sure that our controls are registered - Set Toolbox Version.
If the controls are not visible, reset the Visual Studio toolbox:
- Launch Visual Studio.
- Open the toolbox panel.
- Right-click anywhere in the panel and choose Reset toolbox.
- Restart Visual Studio.
If the controls are not visible after you reset the toolbox, you can clean up the *.tbd and the privateregistry.bin files:
- Close all Visual Studio instances.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_<instanceID>. Note that you may have several such folders.
- Make sure that 'Show hidden files, folders and drives' is selected in the Windows Explorer options.
- Delete all *.tbd files.
- Delete the privateregistry.bin file.
- Register our controls - Set Toolbox Version.