This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade Problems

3 Answers 84 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kim asked on 23 Jul 2013, 06:10 AM

I just downloaded the latest ASP component using the control panel, and now my VS2010 projects have blown up with this error

Warning 1 The primary reference "Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2013.2.717.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets 1578 5 PurePressure

I really love the components but I have to be honest they are very problematic and not very intuitive for someone who is trying to learn them.

I just wanted to get the latest version and thinking is would be an easy upgrade and now I am stuck and making no money right now. I bill by the hour and who is going to pay me for this time.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 05:42 PM
Hi Kim,

Thank you for contacting us and for your feedback.

The installation of the latest version of the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX has removed your previous installed version, which has broke your project references. To fix your project you need to open it in Visual Studio and go to Telerik-> RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX-> Upgrade Wizard. Following the wizard will fix your references.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We are constantly trying to improve our products, so please don't hesitate to share with us your feedback about our products.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jul 2013, 12:57 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but the upgrade wizard was throwing an error when I tried to run it.

I gave up and created a new project and just copied all the forms and code over. Bit of a pain but lesson learned.

Missing User
answered on 25 Jul 2013, 01:24 PM
Hello Kim,

I happy to hear you've fixed your projects.

I would like to ask you if you can send us what is the error when lunching the Upgrade Wizard. It will help us to investigate the problem and improve the wizard if needed.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question