This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Requests

4 Answers 176 Views
DropDownTree
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nishant
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nishant asked on 25 Feb 2013, 02:52 AM
Hi,

Finally, I got to see the RadDropDownTree control in action. But, there are several essential features missing, preventing me to use it yet. I'm sure they must be in your TODO list, but just wanted to put in my thoughts :

1. SelectedValue property : Is there another way to access the selected value on the server-side without making a round-trip to the server on every click with the EntryAdded event. Something like a SelectedValue property of the usual RadComboBox ?

2. CheckedItems Collection : I need to selected multiple values using Tri-state checkboxes and save to the Database. Later, pre-select (check) the nodes checked earlier, when the Page is loaded again. For this, is there something similar to the CheckedItems/CheckedNodes collection of RadComboBox/RadTreeView ?

Regards,
Nishant

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan Meier
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2013, 06:34 PM
i agree on both
i think this are basic points, which i awaited for a release.
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 12:27 PM
Hi guys,

We are going to update our documentation and show how to get the selected text (entries). Until then you could use the following project as a reference. Also you could use the client side events.
To save the added entries to the DB you have Entries collection at the server side and you could iterate through it. Regarding to the case to create an entry and check/select a DropDownTreeNode, it is a feature that will be added for the next release.

Kind regards,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Kundan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2013, 02:38 PM
Can you please give an example that how to get selected value/text from raddropdowntree in code behind?
DropdownTree.Entries.Items(0).Text > in this items not come in intelisence.
Below given is also not woking.
EntryAdded() event does not fire.....
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2013, 09:50 AM
Hello Kundan,

Please use the latest version of our controls due to some significant improvements that we did for the Q2.2013. In the mentioned version you could use SelectedText/Value properties(in case that is not possible to update you need to iterate the Entries collection). Also Entries collection is visible in the intellisense.

Regards,
Peter Filipov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
DropDownTree
Asked by
Nishant
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan Meier
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter Filipov
Telerik team