This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad Editor problem

5 Answers 94 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sudha
Top achievements
Rank 1
sudha asked on 14 Jul 2011, 11:55 AM
I have a RadEditor on a page.
It works fine when debugged/browsed locally through Visual Studio.
When running on our server then it is not loading all the controls in the server.
please help me out with this issue??

here i m attaching the picture of the error have a look

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2011, 03:52 PM
Hello Sudha,

Are there any JavaScript errors on the page when the problem happens?

If you test on Windows Server then disable the IE ESC. The following article will show you how to do that: Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

sudha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2011, 01:18 PM
I have disabled them but still my issue is not solved. my problem is there are no errors that is not displaying the text menu items properly as shown in the above rad picture
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2011, 01:45 PM
Hello Sudha,

Is it possible to provide a live URL to the problematic page?

Do you experience this problem in IE only or you are able to reproduce it in Firefox as well?

It is possible that you have reached the allowed by IE CSS styles. Please try the suggestions provided in the following blog post: Internet Explorer CSS limits.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Surendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2012, 01:38 PM
Hi,

I have used the RadEditor in dnn website.
The RadEditor is working fine in mozila but in IE it show the following error

---------------------------
Message from webpage
Error while executing filter ConvertFontToSpanFilter - [object Error]
OK   

Due to this error it convert the “ ‘ ! , --" to 3??? in all browsers
When we use ContentFilters= "ConvertToXhtml, RemoveScripts,FixUlBoldItalic, IECleanAnchors, FixEnclosingP, MozEmStrong,IndentHTMLContent, OptimizeSpans" in radeditor it remove the error but the contents are showing different as Bachelor???s  Master???s ???tell it like it is??? member???s didn???t

Kindly advice
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jan 2012, 04:59 PM
Hi,

It looks like an encoding problem. Are you able to reproduce the problem in the following live demo: Built-in Content Filters.

If you are able to reproduce the problem in the live demo: Record your steps with Jing and provide sample content for problem reproduction.

If you are unable to reproduce the issue in the live demo, please contact DNN and ask them for help. They have their own implementation of the DNN provider for RadEditor which Telerik does not support.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Editor
Asked by
sudha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
sudha
Top achievements
Rank 1