Rad Editor problem

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. sudha
    sudha avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 14 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    I have a RadEditor on a page.
    It works fine when debugged/browsed locally through Visual Studio.
    When running on our server then it is not loading all the controls in the server.
    please help me out with this issue??

    here i m attaching the picture of the error have a look
  2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    14351 posts

    Posted 15 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Sudha,

    Are there any JavaScript errors on the page when the problem happens?

    If you test on Windows Server then disable the IE ESC. The following article will show you how to do that: Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.

    Kind regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team

    Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

  3. sudha
    sudha avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 18 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    I have disabled them but still my issue is not solved. my problem is there are no errors that is not displaying the text menu items properly as shown in the above rad picture
  4. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    14351 posts

    Posted 20 Jul 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Sudha,

    Is it possible to provide a live URL to the problematic page?

    Do you experience this problem in IE only or you are able to reproduce it in Firefox as well?

    It is possible that you have reached the allowed by IE CSS styles. Please try the suggestions provided in the following blog post: Internet Explorer CSS limits.

    Best regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team

    Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

  5. Surendra
    Surendra avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2012

    Posted 25 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I have used the RadEditor in dnn website.
    The RadEditor is working fine in mozila but in IE it show the following error

    ---------------------------
    Message from webpage
    ---------------------------
    Error while executing filter ConvertFontToSpanFilter - [object Error]
    ---------------------------
    OK   
    ---------------------------

    Due to this error it convert the “ ‘ ! , --" to 3??? in all browsers
    When we use ContentFilters= "ConvertToXhtml, RemoveScripts,FixUlBoldItalic, IECleanAnchors, FixEnclosingP, MozEmStrong,IndentHTMLContent, OptimizeSpans" in radeditor it remove the error but the contents are showing different as Bachelor???s  Master???s ???tell it like it is??? member???s didn???t


    Kindly advice
  6. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    14351 posts

    Posted 27 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hi,

    It looks like an encoding problem. Are you able to reproduce the problem in the following live demo: Built-in Content Filters.

    If you are able to reproduce the problem in the live demo: Record your steps with Jing and provide sample content for problem reproduction.

    If you are unable to reproduce the issue in the live demo, please contact DNN and ask them for help. They have their own implementation of the DNN provider for RadEditor which Telerik does not support.

    Kind regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Back to Top