This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Footer Template

1 Answer 365 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jidesh Guptha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jidesh Guptha asked on 26 Oct 2010, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I have a scenario where i have two GridBoundColumns. am loading the data from the database to these columns.
i want to add more rows to the existing grid. I want to have a text box to be added in the footer and have a button. on the button click i wanted to the data in the textbox to the gridboundcolumn. Help me how to add footer template with a button and a text box and extract the values.

i have temporarily added a textbox and button below the grid and achieved but i want to achieve the same within the grid.
Pls. help me

Thanks
Jidesh

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 03:50 PM
Hello Jidesh,

It depends on what manipulation you what to apply to the data. If it is some kind of aggregate function you might make use of the default aggregate footer functionality in grid as shown in this live demo and help article. This achieves footer aggregation in the easiest way, of course you can make additional customization to the footer by applying your custom aggregation function by handling the RadGrid OnCustomAggregate event and adding custom logic there.
If you do need additional customization of the footer like textbox and a button you can add them to the CommandItemTemplate for the grid, also set the CommandItemDisplay property of the MasterTableView to "Bottom" so that it appears only at the end of the grid. Also by setting specific CommandName for the custom button you can later access it in the ItemCommand event for the grid and perform the necessary operation when the button is pressed.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Marin
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jidesh Guptha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin
Telerik team
Share this question
or