This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error creating control

2 Answers 84 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
WebDeveloper
Top achievements
Rank 1
WebDeveloper asked on 10 Sep 2010, 06:52 AM
I am using TRIAL version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010 SP2. The problem is that in design time I cannot use the Telerik Control.s All the controls show an error, "Error creating control. Object reference.... " Have attached a screenshot for reference, pls help, we need to decide on a purchase asap.

I tried changing the screenshot to show the correct error, but found a bug. After creating a post with an attachment, if I try to change the file, it does not work. The new file gets uploaded, but doesnt get saved. The post still shows the older image

When looking at the screenshot, please ignore the 'Unknown Server tag' error message, thats been fixed by going through the steps in one of your other posts. Its the object reference error thats killing us.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 07:59 AM
Hello,

Could you please check whether you have references to the previous versions either in your web.config or GAC?

Here I found some links which includes different ways to solve similar problem.
Design-time Troubleshooting
General Troubleshooting
Meet Telerik.Web.Design.dll

-Shinu.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 08:06 AM
Hello,

You can refer to the following help topic in order to avoid this error:
Design-time Troubleshooting

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
WebDeveloper
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Pavlina
Telerik team