This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

URI formats are not supported

3 Answers 149 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aykut Aras
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aykut Aras asked on 03 Mar 2010, 01:57 PM
Hello,

First of all i am using RadControls ASP.NET Ajax Q2 2009 for .Net 3.5
My problem is when i try to drag & drop any telerik item to design screen i get  "URI formats are not supported" error even if i create a new project, problem still occurs.
This problem started a few days ago. 
Please help...

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Aykut Aras,

The issue you are experiencing is caused by an omission on our side.

The early versions of the Visual Studio Extensions did not support working on IIS hosted web sites. The fix is already available in the latest release.

For the time being opening your projects from the file system rather than IIS should resolve the issue.

Kind regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Aykut Aras
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Mar 2010, 02:28 PM
Hi,
I didn't understand this problem because i was working normally 2 or 3 days ago. What can cause this problem? I don't want to open my projects from file system. Is there any other way to solve this problem?
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Aykut Aras,

You should install our latest release. 

Parallel installations are allowed for packages from different major releases. Installing the latest release will upgrade the Visual Studio Extensions and leave the rest of your previous installation intact.

Sincerely yours,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Aykut Aras
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Aykut Aras
Top achievements
Rank 1