Rad Ajax Manger Issue after Update

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ken Gunderman
    Ken Gunderman avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 05 Feb 2010 Link to this post

     

    Recentally I updated my Rad controls.

     

     

     

     

    I drag and drop a RadAjaxManager on to the page and use the Configure Ajax manager API to set up the control and this is what is automaticaly generate:

     

    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramCreateMessage" runat="server">

        <AjaxSettings>

            <telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting ajaxcontrolid="chkPriorityMessage"><updatedcontrols>

    <telerik.web.ui.ajaxupdatedcontrol controlid="chkReadReceipt"></telerik.web.ui.ajaxupdatedcontrol>

    </updatedcontrols>

    </telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting>

            <telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting ajaxcontrolid="btnSendMessage"><updatedcontrols>

    <telerik.web.ui.ajaxupdatedcontrol controlid="lblRecipientError"></telerik.web.ui.ajaxupdatedcontrol>

    </updatedcontrols>

    </telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting>

        </AjaxSettings>

    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

    The telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting Tag is causing this  error

     Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxSettingsCollection must have items of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxSetting'. 'telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting' is of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl'.

    Source Error:

    Line 111:<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
    Line 112:    <AjaxSettings>
    Line 113:        <telerik.web.ui.ajaxsetting ajaxcontrolid="chkPriorityMessage"><updatedcontrols>
    Line 114:<telerik.web.ui.ajaxupdatedcontrol controlid="chkReadReceipt"></telerik.web.ui.ajaxupdatedcontrol>
    Line 115:</updatedcontrols>

     


     

    I can edit the client side code and correct the issue by doing this

     

    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramCreateMessage" runat="server">

        <AjaxSettings>

            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="chkPriorityMessage">

                <UpdatedControls>

                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="chkReadReceipt" />

                </UpdatedControls>

            </telerik:AjaxSetting>

            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnSendMessage">

             <UpdatedControls>

              <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblRecipientError" />

             </UpdatedControls>

            </telerik:AjaxSetting>

        </AjaxSettings>

    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

    This is how the Configure Ajax manager API should be generating the code, I would like to use the Configure Ajax manager API

    And NOT have to always modify my code. How do I fix this????? This Just happened after I updated my controls, PLEASE HELP.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  2. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6187 posts

    Posted 10 Feb 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Ken,

    I suggest you review the following forum thread which elaborates on this subject and let me know if it helps:
    http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/ajax/problems-upgrading-q3-2008-to-q1-2009.aspx

    Best wishes,
    Pavlina
    the Telerik team

    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
    Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Back to Top