This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Performance Issues

2 Answers 57 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Me Mo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Me Mo asked on 29 Jul 2009, 01:06 PM
Hello
I have been developing a page using telerik controls,
My page contains a  multiView with 4 views and a radtoolbar and a radmenu
one view containing a radgrid and the others containg radcombo boxes and radtextboxes

My problem is that it takes time loading (almost 1.9 seconds) and the page size is almost 1.5 MB
which is not accepted for some clients.

Is there any fix for this problem?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2009, 01:45 PM
Even with following the optimization tips the payload is far too large.

For a page with just a menu on it, the Javascript comes in at ~500kb.  This translates to 100KB compressed - but this is still too large.

Some of this is due to the Microsoft Ajax scripts.  With version asp.net 4.0 you are able to choose which scripts are needed, and only include those, so you don't need them all.

I hope that telerik will follow a similar approach, so that you don't have to include a load of code that you don't use.  This would help a lot.

I really like the telerik controls, but not everyone that visits my sites have really fast internet connections.  a large part of the world is still using modems, or have less than fast broadband. 

Another great article that can help:  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/fastload.aspx What is really good, is that all the javascript is put at the bottom of the page, after the body. So, at least the "perception" is that the page is loading fast....  Ideally, the scriptmanager would have done this part of it (it just "combines")

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Me Mo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1