This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

refresh parent page

3 Answers 101 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
appdev asked on 26 Jul 2009, 10:50 AM
i click a goto or refresh button on the radwindow i want it to refresh or go to some other site in the main window. say  my main window has a url of www.test.com. now when i click goto on radwindow, i want my parent to go to www.test.com?url=test or click on refresh to refresh it.
i there a way to do that? appreciate your help. thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jul 2009, 05:59 AM
Hello Duy,

I believe that the following KB will be of help:
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/window/radwindow-that-postbacks-and-manipulates-opener-page-on-its-reload.aspx

Greetings,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2009, 04:07 PM
great but now because the parent is reload how do i refresh the childwindow? because although the parent reload somehow the child still keeps the same value. thanks a million

GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.location.reload();

and also, because my childwindow has to save info to database and sometimes it takes longer to finish then the reload on the parent window and that make the parent window not load  right. so how do i over come that issue too.

Also, if i hit on the button in the childwindow, and there was an error, how do i stop it from calling the reload function since it is an onclientclick. thank you

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2009, 09:42 AM
Hello Duy,

Regarding your first question, make sure that the RadWindow's ShowContentDuringLoad is set to false and ReloadOnShow is set to true. This should produce the desired behavior.

As for the rest of the problems, I am not quite sure that I understand your scenario completely so I would like to ask you to send me a small sample project that reproduces them. Just make sure that the project can be run locally and send it in a support ticket - I will check it right away.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
Window
Asked by
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1