This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2013Q1 Strange problem involving DOCTYPE

1 Answer 20 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Luke
Top achievements
Rank 2
Luke asked on 23 Feb 2013, 10:02 PM
Hello, I was having a strange problem in which RadAutoCompleteBoxes within a FormTemplate within a RadGrid were not rendering properly on first load.  When clicking edit on a particular row and the edit popup came up, the autocomplete control would simply not appear (though I could see it in the rendered HTML).  Oddly, if I cancelled the edit modal and clicked edit again, the autocomplete appeared just fine.

I was able to fix this by adding a DOCTYPE specification on the page:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Unfortunately, after applying this DOCTYPE setting my RadTextBox controls now resize on hover.  I removed and reapplied the DOCTYPE a few times to make sure that this was the cause of the resizing behavior.  Setting EnableSingleInputRendering="false" reduced the effect, but the height and width seem to increase by about a pixel or so on hover.  Removing the DOCTYPE fixes the resizing problem, but then my autocomplete is broken again.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Galin
Telerik team
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 11:40 AM
Hello Luke,

I suppose you are combining the RadFormDecorator and the RadTextBoxes. In this case you can unify the appearance with the following CSS rule
html body .RadInput input.riTextBox
{
    padding: 2px 1px 1px;
}

Additionally, I highly recommend you to use a valid Doctype.

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
Galin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Luke
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Galin
Telerik team
Share this question
or