This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2010 Q1: Window Icon in Upper Left is now Green

3 Answers 129 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff asked on 15 Apr 2010, 02:28 AM
We took the latest 2010Q1 release, and as always are going through the site to find the bugs.

One small one is that icon in the upper left of the rad window popups changed from a yellow/white to a green/light green icon.  It sticks out as the popup boarder is blue, yet there is this green icon. 

We are using the built in skins - I think Vista for the popup.

Is this a known issue and is there a suggestion on how to correct?

Thanks

Tim

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2010, 04:15 AM
I have uploaded a screen shot from your demo site which also shows the green.

The Skin preview section shows the standard yellow and white, yet the new demo 2010 window has this Telerik Green - which is in conflict with the skin preview on the demo site.

I hope this is a bug vs. an intentional change.  Changes to the standard skins becomes a big deal, especially when green icons just do not match the skin such as vista.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Tim,

Actually the icon was changed an year ago - in Q3 2009 and we've been using the green icon since then. Now I see that we have forgotten to change the thumbnail images for which I apologize - we changed them now and with the service pack that will be released today or tomorrow, the thumbs will use the green icon as well.

If you want to use the yellow icon with the new version, I could suggest 3 different approaches:
  1. You could use the IconUrl property to set the icon.
  2. You could use CSS to set a standalone yellow icon
  3. You could use the old WindowHorizontalSprites.gif file and CSS to set the icon to the RadWindow.

For convenience I attached a small sample that shows these 3 approaches - I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2010, 02:29 PM
um ok - not happy.

First, 2009Q3 was only released in Nov.  We did not take it due to all the breaking changes it introduced into our product.

Second, changes to the default skins are rarely ever appreciated.  Please pass this message up.

Lastly, thank you for the provided work around.  I do appreciate the rapid response we receive on the forums.  Thank you.

Tim
Tags
Window
Asked by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Georgi Tunev