This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

positioning issues

7 Answers 119 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dave asked on 18 Jan 2008, 09:58 PM

I create a radwindow in my codebehind (when a linkbutton is clicked) and right when the window comes up it looks fine, but then like a split-second later, everything shifts to the right.  The content in the parent page shifts all the way to the right and the radwindow goes to somewhere near the center of the screen.  Why is this happening?  I've tried a bunch of different settings, but it's alway the same result.  Here's my code:

'Create a new window and add it dynamically

Dim newWindow As RadWindow = New RadWindow

newWindow.ID =

"RadWindow1"

newWindow.NavigateUrl =

"./Dialog.aspx"

newWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad =

True

newWindow.Enabled =

True

newWindow.Visible =

True

newWindow.Width = 250

newWindow.Height = 500

newWindow.Behaviors = WindowBehaviors.Close

newWindow.Animation = WindowAnimation.Fade

newWindow.OffsetElementID =

"searchArea"

newWindow.ReloadOnShow =

True

newWindow.Modal =

True

newWindow.OnClientClose =

"initiateCallback"

'Add the newly created RadWindow to the RadWindowManager's collection

Singleton.Windows.Add(newWindow)

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2008, 02:01 PM
Hello Dave,

I tried to reproduce you scenario but to no avail. I have prepared and attached one sample test project, please have a try with it. When you load the page the window is being called from the codebehind and the coordinates seem fine.

If you reproduce the issue with this test project, please specify your exact scenario you are doing and the browser version you have.

All the best,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
George
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Dave,

As a follow-up, I noticed a non-centered modal that you are trying to open window in the code you have provided. By default all modal windows are aimed to be opened in the center. That is why when you set your custom coordinates the window goes back to the center again automatically.

This is expected behavior and is not considered as bug. Could you please tell us what is the reason why you want non-centered modal?

All the best,
George
the Telerik team

Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2008, 02:46 PM
Having the modal centered is OK, but all of the content in the parent page shifts to the far right of the screen.  I'm not OK with that effect.  Why is that happening? 
George
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we could not reproduce your scenario again. What content do you have on the parent page? Are you using some horizontal scrolling so that the content is being moved?

Since we cannot get you scenario working on our own, we kindly request you open a support ticket and send us one sample project including the parent page. Please include one screenshot representing the issue as well.

Best wishes,
George
the Telerik team

will Ballard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jan 2008, 09:34 PM
I'm having the same issues with pop-up positioning.

In Modal it opens in the center vertically but all the way to the left in IE 7. It works correctly in Firefox.  

Modal to false centers it - but creates a different problem. If you stay on the same page (Radscheduler) and open, then close, then open again - the window opens ups further down the page.

In other words - with modal = false each time I open a window (without refreshing the underlying page) it opens in a different position.
will Ballard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jan 2008, 09:42 PM
After some thought I'm betting this is an issue with IE in quirks mode vs standards mode (since it worked in FF).

I'm going to test mine again after ensuring the Doctype is all correct (I'm working in DotNetNuke). I'll report back.

WB
will Ballard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jan 2008, 10:00 PM
It's confirmed. Ensuring a correct doctype made all of my radwindow positioning problems go away.

The troubles I had were consistent with the issues mentioned by others in the post.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1