Check out everything that's new in Telerik UI for WinForms with the R2 2019 release.
During the middle of the spring the new R2 2019 release is flourishing. It brings a diverse set of components, new features and amelioration in UI experience.
Let me share the key additions we have in R2 2019:
Have you ever wanted to be able to style the file dialogs in your application to appear as awesome as the controls from the Telerik UI for WinForms suite? Voilà! We are very thrilled to announce that the most wanted components by our customers are now here. You can replace the native dialogs with RadOpenFileDialog, RadOpenFolderDialog and RadSaveFileDialog to achieve a comprehensive look and feel!
Here are a few of the major features of the dialogs:
- Easy Navigation: The dialogs allow you to easily browse through your file system either through the tree-view-like navigation pane or the breadcrumb/path pane. A history of the visited folders is kept so that you can seamlessly jump back and forth between folders.
- Search: The out-of-the-box search functionality allows you to quickly find just the files and folders you're looking for by using the Windows Search index when available.
- Filter: You can specify a filter for the RadOpenFileDialog and RadSaveFileDialog dialogs in order to indicate to the user which types of files should be opened or saved.
- Layouts: The UI allows the users to change the layout of the main pane by switching between different view modes (Tiles, Small Icons, Large Icons, etc.).
- Variety of Themes: You can persist the appearance throughout your application by applying any of the predefined themes provided by the UI for WinForms suite to your dialogs.
RadRibbonBar introduces a new Simplified LayoutMode, in which all elements in the RibbonBar are automatically arranged on a single row. The simplified ribbon aims to help the user focus more on their work by providing a compact layout which is taking half the height of the standard ribbon.
RadDomainUpDown is a combination of a text-box and a pair of arrow buttons to navigate through a predefined list of items. The control displays a text from a list of string available options. By clicking the up or down arrow button, the user can navigate backward or forward in the items list. It supports:
- Items navigation by either using the up/down arrow keys or double clicking in the editor.
- Data-binding - automatically populate the Items collection considering the records in the applied collection.
- Unbound mode - adding the items manually via code.
- Auto-complete functionality - appends text to the user's input if there is a match inside the Items collection.
Back in R3 2018 we introduced a RadFormConverter which is a powerful tool for converting standard forms to RadForm, RadRibbonForm and RadTabbedForm. Now, in R2 2019, if you have at least one control from the Telerik UI for WinForms suite on a Windows Forms Form, you can use the Form's smart tag to convert it to a RadForm, RadRibbonForm or RadTabbedForm.
.NET Core Visual Studio Templates
Visual Studio Templates for .NET Core are introduced in the latest release. Using them, you can quickly end up with a ready to use Telerik UI for WinForms enabled application, based on .NET Core, or to jump start your project with one of the predefined application templates.
Latest Internal Builds
We have recently released a new page on our website which will give you access to our latest internal builds. These are the distributions built automatically from our source repository and include all latest fixes (new features are usually not included). Regular builds are an integral part of our development process and based on the continuous quality assurance and feedback, we strive to produce the most stable releases possible. If you have experienced any problem with the current official distributions, there is a possibility that the issue has already been addressed in the latest internal build.
In addition to all these great features and new controls, as usual R2 2019 brings in many more improvements based on your feedback.
Try It Out and Share Your Feedback
R2 2019 is already available for download in customers’ accounts. If you are new to Telerik UI for WinForms, you can learn more about it via the product page. It comes with a 30-day free trial, giving you some time to explore the toolkit and consider using it for your current or upcoming WinForms development.
We would love to hear what you think, so should you have any questions and/or comments, please share them to our Feedback Portal.
Sign Up for the Webinar
To see the new release in action, please join us on the Telerik UI R2 2019 webinar, on Wednesday, May 29th @ 11:00 am - 12 pm EST.
Save My Seat