Autumn is here and we are ready to harvest the crops with the new impressive R3 2019 release for Telerik UI for WinForms. I am very thrilled to announce that it comes fully packed with a new web cam control, a sparkline control for representing information graphics, ‘paste as’ options in RadRichtextEditor, improved file dialogs facing a newly designed breadcrumb and a bunch of fixes polishing the quality of the existing arsenal of WinForms controls.
Let’s take a closer look at each new control and features that R3 2019 offers:
RadWebCam allows you to display the stream provided by a web camera device. You can easily start recording or take snapshots of the stream and save it to a file. It is quite suitable for taking pictures for passport services or just for your gym subscription card.
Here are the key features that WebCam control for WinForms offers:
- Recording capabilities: RadWebCam allows you to easily capture the media stream from the connected camera.
- Snapshot support: You can take a snapshot of the current moment of the camera stream and save it for later.
- Camera settings support: Allows you to control the settings of the connected camera.
- Support for audio: Allows recording audio along with recording the video.
- Errors handling: You can customize the content shown when there is no camera, or the camera is unavailable using the CameraError event.
- Localization – All the strings seen in the control are localized in all of our supported languages.
RadSparkline is mainly used to outline trends, however, it is very flexible in terms of data points generation and can contain from just a few points, to as many as thousands of data points. It is lightweight and characterized with excellent performance. Sparkline comes with:
- A variety of series types: Area, bar, line series are only a part of the supported spark series.
- Data binding: You can directly bind your preferred series to your data source.
- Annotations: Represents visual elements that can be used to highlight certain areas on the plot area and denote significant values.
- Indicators: You can mark low/high, negative and first/last points.
- Export to Image: Allows exporting the image directly to a file or a stream.
- Printing: Offers print and print preview of the content.
- Null values support: An EmptyPointBehavior controls what happens with the null points. They can be considered as 0 on the Y axis or skipped from painting on the chart.
Last, but not least RadGridView features a GridViewSparklineColumn allowing a sparkline chart to be displayed in the grid cells:
Improved File Dialogs facing a newly designed RadBreadCrumb
R3 2019 further enhances the recently released File Dialog controls with the following features.
- Custom places: File Dialogs now offers defining custom places on the left side of the Explorer Control’s main pane. It is also possible to add multiple custom places like favorites and libraries nodes.
- Environment variables: Provides out of the box support for the most common system environment variables that refer to well-known directories in the Windows file system, as well as to any user defined variables.
- New RadBreadCrumb: It offers you the ability to build complicated navigation systems that allow you to track navigation history. With its powerful data-binding mechanism, the control lets you display hierarchical structures such as directories and relational data. With its auto-complete functionality and other advanced capabilities, RadBreadCrumb significantly improves the navigation and performance of your application.
‘Paste As’ options in RadRichTextEditor
Similar to MS Word, RadRichTextEditor introduces different options for pasting: keep formatting, merge formatting, use destination styles. When you paste text into the document, a ‘Paste Options’ menu will pop up allowing you to decide whether to preserve the look of the original text or change the formatting so that it matches the surrounding text:
All of the listed new controls and improvements are also available in our .NET Core version as well.
To deep dive into what's new with Telerik UI for WinForms R3 2019, please join us for an online webinar on October 2, 11:45 AM ET. You can save your seat here: https://www.telerik.com/campaigns/telerik-r3-2019-release-webinar
Try it out and share your feedback
You can learn more about Telerik UI for WinForms via the product page. It comes with a 30-day free trial, giving you some time to explore the toolkit and consider using it for your current or upcoming WinForms development.
We would love to hear what you think, so should you have any questions and/or comments, please share them to our Feedback Portal
or in the comment section below.