Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX
April 23, 2007
RadControls "Prometheus" is the code name for the next-generation of Telerik's ASP.NET UI control suite. Just as ASP.NET AJAX will be the future of ASP.NET, RadControls "Prometheus" represents the future direction of the Telerik web development tools and aims to deliver unmatched richness, reliability and productivity to Telerik customers. The new suite of controls will also pave the way for seamless integration with the new Microsoft Silverlight framework for the delivery of richer and more engaging web applications.
RadAjax “Prometheus” is the first productivity tool for Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX. Borrowing the unique concepts of Telerik RadAjax for ASP.NET, this new product allows you to build ASP.NET AJAX applications with minimum effort – no need to use UpdatePanels, no need to set triggers, no need to write any code, no need to modify your application.
Just like any other product in the new RadControls “Prometheus” for ASP.NET, RadAjax “Prometheus” will be the successor of RadAjax for ASP.NET. The new edition consists of the same controls (RadAjaxManager, RadAjaxPanel, and RadAjaxLoadingPanel) however is implemented according to the new “Prometheus” technology. The major characteristics of RadAjax “Prometheus” are the following:
· Built on top of Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX, using its programming model
· Uses the Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX engine, not the Telerik proprietary AJAX engine
· Supports only .NET 2.0 framework, while the current RadAjax supports 1.x as well
· Will include new features and performance optimizations, made possible by the underlying Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX framework
· Backwards compatible with RadAjax for ASP.NET (requires minor changes)
· Seamlessly interoperates with all other RadControls for ASP.NET
Telerik RadColorPicker is a lightweight UI component that allows users to select colors from the RGB or HEX color spaces using a configurable palette view. The color palettes are skinnable and highly configurable. Thanks to the underlying ASP.NET AJAX framework the selected color can be immediately reflected on the server.
RadColorPicker Key Features:
Telerik RadDock is versatile component for page personalization. It represents a content placeholder, which can be moved, docked/undocked, resized, pinned, minimized, etc. The customized page layout can be saved to a file or database and reloaded when needed, which is a typical requirement for portals and client extranets.
RadDock Key Features:
Telerik RadSlider is a flexible UI component that allows users to select a value from a defined range using a smooth or step-based slider. The control is completely customizable in terms of appearance and offers numerous configuration options like orientation, click offset, mouse wheel support, etc.
RadSlider Key Features:
1. Horizontal/Vertical Orientation Depending on your need RadSlider can be displayed horizontally or vertically on the page by setting the Orientation property.
2. Decrease/Increase/Drag Handles The slider layout can be customized using one of the handle properties that control which slider handles will be displayed – Increase Handle, Decrease Handle or Drag Handle.
3. Slider AnimationYou can create smooth slide animations to a specified point without any browser interference. The animation duration is defined in milliseconds.
4. MouseWheel Support Grabbing and dragging can be annoying at times, so that’s why mouse wheel support could be a very nice alternative. When users move the mouse wheel over the slider, its default value the will change. That value will increase/decrease with one SlideStep, which is again configurable.
5. ClickOffset You can define the change in value of the distance, at which the slider will jump slider when the user clicks on the track. In its default mode, the slider will automatically scroll to the value which has been clicked by the user.
6. View-Only Mode In some cases you might need to simply display the slider as disabled, and prohibit changes in its value.
7. Advanced Skinning The visual appearance of RadSlider can be easily customized through skins. You can use one of the predefined skins or create your own.
Telerik RadSplitter is a flexible UI component for building powerful ASP.NET applications and allows users manage effectively the size and the layout of their page content. Layouts can be conveniently enhanced with sliding panes, dockable panels, resizable areas and many more splitter elements just as in Visual Studio but boosted with ASP.NET AJAX capabilities.
RadSplitter Key Features:
Telerik RadToolTip is a context-sensitive tool for displaying rich tooltips, detailed information, overlaid forms, or just about anything that should appear over a given element OnMouseOver. The tooltip area is completely customizable, can be loaded on demand with ASP.NET AJAX and be displayed using different animation effects.
RadToolTip Key Features:
Have a feature request?
Post your feedback via the ASP.NET AJAX Feedback Portal.
What's new across all Telerik products?
See all updates
See Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX in action and check out how much it can do out-of-the-box.
Check out the offers. Purchase an individual suite, or treat yourself to one of our bundles.
Try Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX with dedicated technical support.