Kendo UI for Angular TextBox Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular TextBox provides options for creating composite inputs that you can integrate within forms or use as standalone items.
The following example demonstrates the TextBox in action.
- Character counter—You can display a character counter for the TextBox to restrict the user input to a specified length.
- Validation icons—You can indicate a successful or erroneous operation by using the built-in validation icons of the TextBox or create custom ones.
- Adornments—The TextBox enables you to display custom items as prefix or suffix adornments and supports a set of built-in adornments such as a Clear button and more.
- Forms support—You can use the TextBox both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Disabled TextBox—You can use the configuration options of the TextBox to disable the component so that users are not able to interact with it.
- Read-Only Textbox—The TextBox provides an option for overriding its default active state.
- TextBox directive—The TextBox component delivers the TextBox directive which provides options for styling
- Debouncing value changes—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs enable you to implement a slight delay before they accept a new input value.
- Appearance—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs enable you to set their dimensions.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The TextBox is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
To learn more about the appearance, anatomy, and accessibility of the TextBox, visit the Progress Design System documentation—an information portal offering rich component usage guidelines, descriptions of the available style variables, and globalization support details.
- TextBox Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Inputs
- API Reference of the TextBox
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- TextBox Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base