Kendo UI for Angular MultiSelect Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular MultiSelect is a form component that displays a list of options and allows for multiple selections from this list.
It is a richer version of the
<select> element and supports item and tag templates, and configurable options for controlling the list behavior.
The following example demonstrates the MultiSelect in action.
- Data binding—You can bind the MultiSelect to a list of possible values containing arrays of primitive or complex data.
- Value binding—The MultiSelect enables you to set its value to primitive or complex data.
- Custom values—You can override the default behavior of the MultiSelect and configure it to accept custom values.
- Checkboxes—The MultiSelect allows you to implement checkboxes for managing its items selection.
- Filtering—Apart from its default filter functionality, the MultiSelect provides options for setting a minimum length of the search symbols and a built-in filter directive.
- Grouping—You can group MultiSelect items and display them as a grouped result.
- Virtualization—The MultiSelect supports a virtualization mechanism which noticeably improves the performance of the component when it handles large datasets.
- Disabled items—You can disable any of the MultiSelect items and prevent users from interacting with them.
- Summary-tag mode—The MultiSelect allows you to customize the display of its selected tags.
- Templates—You can customize the content of the MultiSelect by using templates for its tag, header, footer, and other elements.
- Forms support—You can use the MultiSelect both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Controlling the open state—The MultiSelect enables you to configure the initially opened item and prevent the opening and closing of its options list.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The MultiSelect is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The MultiSelect supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.
Support and Learning Resources
- MultiSelect Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns
- API Reference of the MultiSelect
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- MultiSelect Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base