Series and individual points are highlighted when hovered or tapped.
You can customize or disable the highlight effect by using configuration settings.
The type of highlight effect varies by series type. For example, Bar Charts change the fill color and Line series draw an overlay over the markers.
To customize the highlight appearance, assign a configuration object to the
highlight attribute on a series item.
To apply the highlight settings to all series, use the kendo-chart-series-defaults component.
To disable the highlight for a series item, set
By default, the highlight effect is applied only to the hovered (or
"active") series. To make the effect more pronounced, the Chart allows to set the opacity of all other series with
To set the inactive opacity for all series, use the kendo-chart-series-defaults component.
To toggle the highlight of a series point, call the
In the following example, the filter callback is evaluated for each data point. If the function returns
true, the point is highlighted.
To disable the default highlight behavior, call the
The following example demonstrates how to override the default highlight effect for the Column series.
The following example demonstrates how to draw a highlight overlay for the Area series.
- Chart Series Highlight Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Chart
- API Reference of the Chart
- Chart Area
- Error Bars
- Plot Area
- Plot Bands
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- Chart Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base