Angular Charts Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular Charts provide high-quality graphical data visualization options.
They include a variety of chart types and styles that have extensive configuration options. This flexibility allows you to quickly and easily create the exact chart you need to fit your specific requirements for functionality and appearance.
The Charts are built from the ground up and specifically for Angular, so that you get high-performance chart controls which integrate tightly with your application and with the rest of the Kendo UI for Angular components.
Angular Charts and Graphs Key Features
Each Kendo UI for Angular Charts component delivers a range of handy and developer-friendly features whose number and further development are not limited by the list in this section. The Kendo UI for Angular team constantly invests efforts to improve the performance and add more value to the existing Charts library as well as develop new features and controls to it.
The Charts and Graphs support the binding of their data series to arrays, arrays of arrays, objects, and observables. Beyond the actual series, other areas of the Chart, like the axis and labels, can all be bound to your data as well. Read more about the data binding of the Angular Chart...
The Charts and Graphs support two modes for rendering—Canvas (bitmap) and SVG (vector graphics). By default, the Charts are rendered through SVG. Switching between the two is as easy as updating a single configuration option. Read more about the rendering modes of the Angular Chart...
The Charts provide built-in support to save your Charts as an image (PNG), PDF, SVG, and the Kendo UI Drawing format (useful for further processing). Read more about the export options of the Angular Chart...
Panning and Zooming
The Charts and Graphs allow the user to work with them by utilizing intuitive panning and zooming interactions. These functions can be easily enabled or disabled by setting the Chart options. Read more about the pan-and-zoom feature of the Angular Chart...
The colors of the Charts are normally picked up by the current Kendo UI theme, but each aspect of the Chart can be customized by theme variables or configuration options. Kendo UI for Angular delivers a set of popular themes including Bootstrap and Material, all of which can be easily customized with the Progress ThemeBuilder online utility. Read more about styling the Chart...
The Kendo UI for Angular Charts support globalization and localization to ensure that each Chart component can fit in any application, no matter what languages and locales need to be supported. Additionally, the Charts support rendering in a right-to-left (RTL) direction. Read more about Angular Charts globalization...
The Chart and Graphs deliver an impressive set of approaches for configuring its behavior which includes ready-to-use configuration components, out-of-the-box inline options, as well as configuration components built with Angular structural directives. Read more about the configuration options...
The Chart and Graphs work flawlessly with the Kendo UI ContextMenu for Angular so that you can integrate the two components. Read more about the ContextMenu article.
More Complex Charts
You can combine many of the chart features into the same component to achieve complex graphs with many series and varied configuration to suit your business needs.
You can explore the rest of the component documentation to see how to setup and configure each of its elements, provide data to it and make it fit your scenario.
Types of Angular Charts and Graphs Available
Trial Version of Kendo UI for Angular
The Kendo UI for Angular Charts are part of the Kendo UI for Angular library. Kendo UI for Angular offers a 30-day trial with a full-featured version of the library–no restrictions! What’s more, you are eligible for full technical support during your trial period in case you have any questions. To sign up for a free 30 day trial, go here.
For any questions about the use of Kendo UI for Angular Charts, or any of our other components, there are several support options available:
- Kendo UI license holders and anyone in an active trial can take advantage of the Kendo UI for Angular outstanding customer support delivered by the actual developers who built the library. To submit a support ticket, use the Kendo UI support system.
- Kendo UI for Angular forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the Kendo UI team on all kinds of general issues.
- Kendo UI for Angular feedback portal and Kendo UI for Angular roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- Kendo UI for Angular uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- Of course, the Kendo UI for Angular team is active on StackOverflow as well and you can find a wealth of questions and answers there.
- Need something unique that is tailor-made for your project? Progress offers its Progress Services group that can work with you to create any customized solution that you might need.
Support and Learning Resources
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Charts
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- Kendo UI for Angular Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base