Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
3 answers
328 views

Basically i need to combine the ability to display multiple events or GanttTasks on a single line and at the same time to set different colors depending on task-'type'. The SDK Samples contain both options (SameRowRecurringTask, TasksWithDifferentColors).

I encountered following issues trying to combine the abilities:

  1. I have implemented different colors, but when i try to combine it with the recurrence on the same line, the coloring of the single tasks isn't displayed anymore.
  2. The SDK sample adds the Recurrences this way Recurrences = { recurrenceTask1, recurrenceTask2, recurrenceTask3 }. But i need to compose them at runtime like collect them within a foreach and then define the recurrences like Recurrences = myTaskList.

The attached image shows what i need.

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Feb 2016
1 answer
163 views

Hello,

 In our project we make use of the LoadLayout and SaveLayout functionality provided by RadDocking.
This works well using the example provided in the documentation found at: persist docking layout

The example provided here will create a file inside the IsolatedStorage folder on my machine.
As said all works well; when I close the app, the layout is being saved, when I open the app the layout is being loaded correctly.

It stops working as should as soon as you add another extra pane to the xaml (after all, new panes may be added, long time after the persist docking layout feature was created).

After adding a new pane the layout will not be saved anymore to the xml. Instead the old version will be saved and loaded over and over. The only work around I have come up with so far is locating the xml file inside the IsolatedStorage (renaming/'deleting') it, then restart the app, close down (this will save a new xml) and have my new panel in place the first time I restart the app again.

 It may be a trivial thing to solve, question is, how can this be solved? Is there a solution if any?

 Thanks in advance for any answer,

 
Best regards,

 

Ed


 
Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Feb 2016
1 answer
205 views

Hello,

I am currently maintaining an application with the following Telerik version: 2012.3.1017.40

Even though I have the installer file it looks like the offline .chm manual for that version is not included. I have looked in the download section of my account but even though I can download the installer the offline documentation doesn't seem to be available.

 Is there anywhere where I can download the offline doc for this version?

Thanks,

 Mike

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2016
3 answers
151 views

I am creating a GridViewComboBoxColumn programmatically and so am adding the CellTemplate programmatically with the code:

 

private static DataTemplate GetCellTemplate(GridColumn column, DataTemplate itemTemplate, Binding itemsSourceBinding)
{          
    FrameworkElementFactory lookupElement = new FrameworkElementFactory(typeof(LookupElement));
    if (itemsSourceBinding != null)
        lookupElement.SetBinding(LookupElementWithStyle.ItemsSourceProperty, itemsSourceBinding);
    lookupElement.SetValue(LookupElementWithStyle.ItemTemplateProperty, itemTemplate);
    lookupElement.SetValue(LookupElementWithStyle.SelectedValuePathProperty, column.MemberPath);
    lookupElement.SetBinding(LookupElementWithStyle.SelectedValueProperty, new Binding(column.DataName));
    lookupElement.SetValue(LookupElementWithStyle.IsTabStopProperty, false);
     
    DataTemplate cellTemplate = new DataTemplate()
    {
        VisualTree = lookupElement
    };
 
    cellTemplate.Seal();
    return cellTemplate;
}

The problem with this is that the LookupElement has a RadComboBox property that is displayed in the visual tree but I have no way of overriding the style. The result is that it is using the default FontFamily "Segoe UI SemiBold" when I want to use "Segoe UI", and any gridviewcomboboxcolumns are displayed as semibold. How do I overcome this?

 

Maya
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2016
1 answer
112 views

Good afternoon,

We've run into an issue with the RadGridView column filters when switching to another application that we haven't been able to resolve (2016.1.112.45). The issue occurs under the following circumstances:

1. Click on the column filter button to open the column filter pop-up

2. Click on a combo-box within the column filter to display the combo-boxes drop down list

3. Hit Alt+Tab on the keyboard (or click another application from the Windows taskbar).

As far as I can tell no other special circumstances are required to recreate. As focus leaves the application the combo-box drop down list closes properly however the column filter stays open on top of the newly activated application. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jason

Yoan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2016
3 answers
780 views

Hi,

At my work I've been tasked with making the icon bigger(or use a new bigger icon) on the RadDropDownButton inside the RadDatePicker. I've gone about it 2 ways:

- One was to generate the default template and replace the <contentcontrol> <grid> <path. ...> with the appropriate <image> icon. This results in reverting all the other changes and customizations that were done to the control and it also generates over 1600 lines of code that we don't really want in that xaml file.

- The second approach involved applying a ScaleTransform to the LayoutTransformation of the RadDropDownButton. The icon's size looks about right but the drop down content(calendar) is also scaled which is not what we wanted.

I'm basically writing to find out if there is a better way to go about this that either doesn't involve generating the entire default template or affect the size of the content.

 

Thanks,

John-Paul Smith

John-Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Feb 2016
3 answers
230 views

hello

Dear Telerik Team

We want to make: When caret enter into a Hyperlink, or delete a hyperlink, or press Backspace key to delete the Hyperlink, a popup is triggered. We used the method you provided to show a popup (use click), and was very successful.

1.But now question is that we can not distinguish whether it is a Hyperlink, when caret enter into the hyperlink.

2.Another question is that: how to programmly change the style of a Hyperlink.

 

Thanks, We hope your help.

 

Kun

Tanya
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2016
1 answer
193 views
Just curious if there is any way to disable a carousel item. I do not wish to remove the item, but rather have it still display, but  not able to be selected and be skipped over when one of the scroll buttons is pressed. Is there any way to do this?
Stefan Nenchev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2016
1 answer
249 views

Hello,
    I've implemented an undo capability into the grid. If a user changes the value of a field but they want to reverse the change they will click on the undo button and the change is undone. This undo functionality remembers only the last change. I've implemented this using List's and by clearing out the grid and re-building the grid using the data in the lists. It works but it's slow. Imagine re-building a 2000 row X 800 column grid. I tried saving the previous state of the data in the grid in another datatable and then getting rid of the current datatable and making this datatable the current one but I ran into many problems.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2016
5 answers
244 views

Hi,
We are trying to automate the controls present inside the RadbusyIndicator and not able to access the controls both using CUIT and UI Automation in our application.Similar behavior is observed with CRM Sample application in telerik website (http://www.telerik.com/wpf/sample-applications).Could you please check and provide necessary help in this regard??

 

Regards,
Nagasree.

Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Chart
RichTextBox
Docking
ScheduleView
ChartView
TreeView
Diagram
Map
ComboBox
TreeListView
Window
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
PropertyGrid
DragAndDrop
TabControl
TileView
Carousel
DataForm
PDFViewer
MaskedInput (Numeric, DateTime, Text, Currency)
AutoCompleteBox
DatePicker
Buttons
ListBox
GanttView
PivotGrid
Spreadsheet
Gauges
NumericUpDown
PanelBar
DateTimePicker
DataFilter
Menu
ContextMenu
TimeLine
Calendar
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
ImageEditor
BusyIndicator
Expander
Slider
TileList
DataPager
PersistenceFramework
Styling
TimeBar
OutlookBar
TransitionControl
FileDialogs
Book
ToolBar
ColorPicker
TimePicker
MultiColumnComboBox
SyntaxEditor
VirtualGrid
NavigationView (Hamburger Menu)
Wizard
ExpressionEditor
WatermarkTextBox
DesktopAlert
BarCode
SpellChecker
DataServiceDataSource
EntityFrameworkDataSource
RadialMenu
ChartView3D
Data Virtualization
BreadCrumb
LayoutControl
ProgressBar
Sparkline
TabbedWindow
ToolTip
CloudUpload
ColorEditor
TreeMap and PivotMap
EntityFrameworkCoreDataSource (.Net Core)
HeatMap
Chat (Conversational UI)
VirtualizingWrapPanel
Calculator
NotifyIcon
TaskBoard
TimeSpanPicker
BulletGraph
Licensing
WebCam
CardView
DataBar
FilePathPicker
Callout
PasswordBox
SplashScreen
Localization
Rating
Accessibility
CollectionNavigator
AutoSuggestBox
Security
VirtualKeyboard
HighlightTextBlock
TouchManager
StepProgressBar
Badge
OfficeNavigationBar
ExpressionParser
CircularProgressBar
SvgImage
PipsPager
SlideView
AI Coding Assistant
InlineAIAssistant
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?