Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
4 answers
286 views
Hello

To use SelectedItems, "GridViewSelectionUtilities" of Telerik GridView SDK was used.

A normal gridview works just fine.
Here, the Model adds another hierarchical gridview. and run.
Multiselecting the parent gridview works fine.
But when I select the child gridview, an error appears.

An exception was thrown because the model format is different.
"Cannot be used for this generic collection."

How do I solve this?
I need to get the SelectedItmes of both the parent GridView and the child Gridview.

Thanks.
Psyduck
Top achievements
Rank 5
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 updated answer on 07 Jul 2021
8 answers
508 views
Hi, 

Check out this simple scenario (zip project)
Its a RadTreeListView, bound up to an entity with a combobox to expand to each level. The performance is crap. 
I'm using the lightweight metro (windows8) style, and have overridden CreateCellElement as follows. 
public override FrameworkElement CreateCellElement(GridViewCell cell, object dataItem)
{
    if (cell.Content != null && cell.DataContext == dataItem)
    {
        return (FrameworkElement)cell.Content;
    }
 
    return base.CreateCellElement(cell, dataItem);
}

Open it up, drag to fill the height of your screen, expand all items a couple of levels deep (using the combo, top left) and scroll around - it's extremely laggy. Any suggestions? In my work version a similar scenario is entirely unusable, and I'm currently forced to loop through all expanded rows and dispatch 'ExpandHierarchyItems' calls which ties up the UI for ages, just to prevent a horrendous scrolling experience (extremely slow/massive UI lockups, nodes not expanded, no children, rows at wrong level). Latest version of telerik WPF, windows 7 x64.
 
I'm now comparing this simple scenario with the alternatives (devexpress etc) ... 


cross posted here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16623749/telerik-radtreelistview-poor-performance
duplicate of http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/wpf/gridview/radtreelistview-poor-performance.aspx (wrong channel)
Thiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 06 Jul 2021
0 answers
163 views

 for Hi Team,

I have the following queries.

1. How to show the gridlines in the GanttView. (see the attached screenshot)

2. How to hide the border line between 2 columns. (see the attached screenshot)

3. How to reduce the MajorTickLine width. I have tried the below.
Here we are showing Days, week, month wise details.

Working Criteria:

Days - 45 to 79 

Week - 80 to 120 

 If the range of days increased more than 79, it will automatically display the week.

Not working while adjusting the range (customized range) for days and week. 

Please help us to sort it out.

 

Thanks,

Sabari.

sri
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 06 Jul 2021
2 answers
189 views

I want to set the focus on an embedded textbox in a GridViewDataColumn

I tried on the AddingNewDataItem event the following with no success:

var grid = e.OwnerGridViewItemsControl;
grid.CurrentColumn = grid.Columns[1];

I've tried sending keys on  the RowEditEnded event. Nothing works.

 

 

 

Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2021
0 answers
201 views

Hi,

I was combine shapes in code. And combined shape add to toolbox.

But Drag to diagram. then, Not Available.

I want to draw custom shape. And Save to Xml.

Thanks.

kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 05 Jul 2021
7 answers
486 views

is there anyone that had experienced this? I recently updated our 2014 controls to 2021 controls.

Although I haven’t experienced it myself, our customers are experiencing an odd issue when they type with the rad rich box text editor

 The app simply freezes. Our editor does extend the base radrichtextbox control and has its own style so perhaps there is some property that behaves differently now?

Paul

Pavel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 05 Jul 2021
1 answer
231 views

Hi,

Is there a quickest way to hide center connectors of shapes? Because sometimes when you'd like to drag a shape and it ends up creating a self-connected connection. That might be annoying to the end users.

Thanks!

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2021
1 answer
431 views

I would like to know what's the equivalent of `OnSourceInitialized` for the `RadWindow`?

My need is to disable the WPF hardware acceleration for the window because of some calls to python with CUDA
causing WPF thread rendering issue.

How does one disable hardware acceleration in wpf? - Stack Overflow

Thank you,
Amaury

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2021
0 answers
193 views

I'm trying to create a chart series with a gradient fill but for some reason the serie isn't showing on the sceen.
When i use a solidcolorbrush i have no issues but with the LinearGradientBrush it's not working.

The LinearGradientBrush is created correctly so i seems so kind of display issue?

What do i need to do to make this work? Is there any example i can check to see how this should work?

JIG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Jul 2021
1 answer
288 views

Hi telerik,

I've created .Net 5 project , however  telerik controls can't be seen on xaml designer,  although wpf default controls are shown well.  On running, all controls are seen and working without problem.

With the help of many threads regarding this subject , I  found your reply how to remove designer cache and set the extension option,etc.  While I did all steps as you said, no success yet.  

My situation is as follows, 

 - telerik 2021.2.615 and  vs2019  16.10.2 installed.

 - projects are created as WPF 5.0 project, not by tererik wpf template because it only support till .net 4.5.

    Projects target is 'ANY CPU'.

 -  NoXaml dlls are copied to solution folder from installed directory, and all projects referenced  those.

    Double checked that no cross referenced dll exists between NoXaml and Xaml dlls.

 

During checking, I found that toolbox configuratIon  supports only .net 4.5. as attached image. 

Does that mean that I missed something ?  so designer failed to load telerik controls ?

 

TIA

Kang

Yonggu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 02 Jul 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Chart
RichTextBox
Docking
ScheduleView
ChartView
TreeView
Diagram
Map
ComboBox
TreeListView
Window
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
PropertyGrid
DragAndDrop
TabControl
TileView
Carousel
DataForm
PDFViewer
MaskedInput (Numeric, DateTime, Text, Currency)
AutoCompleteBox
DatePicker
Buttons
ListBox
GanttView
PivotGrid
Spreadsheet
Gauges
NumericUpDown
PanelBar
DateTimePicker
DataFilter
Menu
ContextMenu
TimeLine
Calendar
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
ImageEditor
BusyIndicator
Expander
Slider
TileList
DataPager
PersistenceFramework
Styling
TimeBar
OutlookBar
TransitionControl
FileDialogs
Book
ToolBar
ColorPicker
TimePicker
MultiColumnComboBox
SyntaxEditor
VirtualGrid
NavigationView (Hamburger Menu)
Wizard
ExpressionEditor
WatermarkTextBox
DesktopAlert
BarCode
SpellChecker
DataServiceDataSource
EntityFrameworkDataSource
RadialMenu
ChartView3D
Data Virtualization
BreadCrumb
LayoutControl
ProgressBar
Sparkline
TabbedWindow
ToolTip
CloudUpload
ColorEditor
TreeMap and PivotMap
EntityFrameworkCoreDataSource (.Net Core)
HeatMap
Chat (Conversational UI)
VirtualizingWrapPanel
Calculator
NotifyIcon
TaskBoard
TimeSpanPicker
BulletGraph
Licensing
WebCam
CardView
DataBar
FilePathPicker
Callout
PasswordBox
SplashScreen
Localization
Rating
Accessibility
CollectionNavigator
AutoSuggestBox
Security
VirtualKeyboard
HighlightTextBlock
TouchManager
StepProgressBar
Badge
OfficeNavigationBar
ExpressionParser
CircularProgressBar
SvgImage
PipsPager
SlideView
AI Coding Assistant
InlineAIAssistant
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?