Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
184 views
Hi,
I have an application using RadControls for WinForms C# (v.2012.1.321.20) and I got some issues with RadLabels. There's a RadPanel capturing Key-Up Events and 2 RadLabels above the panel just to show some information about the key pressed (labels dont capture any event, just the panel all the time), and it works fine except for the 4 navigation keys: Up,Down,Left and Right. When one of those keys is pressed the panel miss it twice, and just on the third time the panel get the event. It looks like the navigation key is changing the focus between these 2 labels and the panel, and I tried a lot of things to avoid this like:

- Set label's "Focusable" property to false;
- Create an "Preview KeyDown" event that set focus on RadPanel before the KeyUp event is handled;

Nothing fixed it out and radlebels still getting Key-Up events instead of RadPanel, so I would like to know if there's any solution for this issue (because it's not happening with others controls above the panel like Microsoft Label Control).

Thanks!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
277 views
Hi, Telerik team.
I browsed few examples and forum posts, have experimented a bit, but had no luck to clarify this topic for myself.
Building an application with tool windows I have some issues with resizing those windows and seeing the tools in them.
Please, if you can help me - I will be very happy.

I know that I am going to ask quite basic things, so If you know where can I read about those things - let me know.

So, I have Telerik.WinControls.UI.Docking.ToolWindow named toolWindow
and I have MyUserControl userControl placed right into toolWindow
I want my userControl to be at list 400*200 pixels always, e.g. its MinimumSize = 400,200

My requested behavior is appearance of scroll bars if I resize toolWindow under those limits. 

I have discovered that the following things have influence on this issue:
1) Structure of user control itself. If it has scrollable panel inside or not, if controls inner container is docked to fill or anchored somehow.
2) Whether I place control right into window or I place scrollable panel into window before control.

I am quite lost in options and properties and cannot define the rules. Can you tell me how it should be done in the right way? Some pattern perhaps.

Thank you in advance, regards.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
1 answer
295 views
Hello,

I have 2 radgrids in my form. First grid is a details grid which shows all the records and the second one should show only summary rows from the first grid.

For Ex:
First Grid:
Date Balance
01/12 500
01/12 1000
02/12 2000

Second grid should be like below.
Date  Balance
01/12 1500
02/12 2000

I am wondering if there are any ways to do this one in Telerik. I know how to get individual values in GroupSummaryEvaluate event 
but need to get the entire summary row from the first grid.

Also, the first grid has grouping, filtering and sorting and am hoping that your solution would cover those as well.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
 .
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
2 answers
206 views
I got the solution
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
5 answers
421 views
Hi guys

I'm currently having the same issue shown in post
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/general-discussions/q3-2011-upgrade-problems.aspx
but with the Q2 2012 version.

I've tried all the workarounds you suggested in the previous post, but it doesn't work for me. I'm trying to upgrade my Telerik solution (wich includes several projects, two of them using radcontrols) from version Q2 2011 SP1 to Q2 2012. I can see a Telerik menu in Visual Studio 2010, but it only shows the options at the attachment below.

I've even installed radcontrols in another two computers, just to test if it was a problem with the one I use, but the result has been the same in all of them.I have no other Telerik product installed (I uninstalled Q2 2011 before, as always). The extensions I have installed in VS2010 are:
  • Telerik UserSettings VSExtensions v1.1
  • Telerik WinForms VSExtensions v2012.2.606.0
  • Telerik.CommonPackage v1.0
  • VisualSVN 2.5.2.0

Any idea/suggestion about haw can I solve my problem?

Thank you in advance

Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
4 answers
389 views
I have a menu in an MDI form and I want to Disable some submenu options, How can I do that?.
Which is the equivalent in RadControls to his line of code?:
foreach (ToolStripMenuItem mnuitOpcion in this.menuStrip1.Items)

Greetings,

José Gutiérrez
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
9 answers
369 views
Hello ...

Look, I'm changing by code the UI of an application. It's almost done, but there is the main menu of the main form.
The main form is a Telerik's ShapedForm.
Most of the menu items are enabled, disabled, visible or invisible according of some conditions, and this behavior is done through some classes.

My question is this:
When I have the windows form standard menu, it is assigned like this:
this.MainMenuStrip = this.mainMenuStrip;

But when mainMenuStrip is a Telerik RadMenu I'm getting an error that says that it is not possible to convert implicitly from the telerik type to the windows type. And when i do a cast I get a message that you can't convert to the windows type.

This is a very complex application, and I can't change the type of the form.

Thanks for your help!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
7 answers
656 views
Hello,

I am looking for a way to display Live data using Grid in a Windows Form.
The Numerical Axis example is the closest sample I found to what I am looking for, but I am looking for a functionality to show Live data and update the chart every 5 seconds lets say.
I want to have a Timer on my Windows application with lets say 5000 ms interval, and generate a random number and add it to the end of chart series but remove the first instance as well, so it looks that it is moving and is live.
Just exactly the same as CPU usage history when you go to task manager in windows under performance tab.

I appreciate any suggestions or tips on how to achieve this.

Many thanks,
Mehdi Entezary
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
2 answers
237 views
Hello,

I have a scenario where the RadScheduler behaviour seems odd.  It is reproducible in the demo applications.

Let's day I have a simple recurring appointment at 5PM for 3 occurrences.  The occurrences show up as Mon-Tue-Wed with the recurring symbol in the corner.
Then I edit the Wednesday appointment and change something/anything.  The Wednesday appointment shows the exception symbol in the corner.
Then I open the series and remove the recurrence.  This removes the recurring symbol from Monday, removes Tuesday entirely, but leaves Wednesday alone(so it still shows up as an exception).  If I do this in Outlook, the exception on Wednesday is also removed along with Tuesday.
Now, if I then delete Monday(which appears as a single appointment), both Monday and Wednesday now disappear even though Monday appears as a single appointment.  This is because Wednesday has retained Monday as its MasterEvent...even though Monday should no longer have an recurring information.

This behaviour does not match Outlook, it breaks down when recurrence is removed from the series by "abandoning" the exception.


Also, is it possible to have a "Delete this occurrence"/"Delete the series" prompt when you press Del on a recurring appointment in the calendar?



Thanks.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jul 2012
1 answer
242 views
Hi Support,

Is there a way to know if the UserDeletingRow have been called from the delete button or from cell context menu delete or from row header context menu?

Regards,
Nadia
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?