Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi.  I'm using a GridViewCheckBoxColumn, and I would like to have an event fire when the user changes the state of the checkbox by checking it, either by mouse or keyboard.  Right now I've found that I can hook a variety of events that only fire after the cell's value is changed and the cell loses focus.  But I need an event that actually happens as soon as the checkbox is changed.  I'm running version 2012.1.321.20.

The only thing I've found that works is reaching into the virtualized cell, getting the RadCheckBoxEditorElement, and then hooking the PropertyChanged event on it.  This is pretty ugly and cumbersome.  It also presents a serious issue in that I don't know how to hook this event just once, since if I hook this event in the CellFormatting handler, I will end up hooking the event many, many times.

Is there a straightforward way to accomplish what I want?

Thanks.
Patrick Barranis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2012
1 answer
302 views
Hi there-

I hope this is an easy one...

I have a gridView that is bound to a stored procedure.  One of the columns is of type GridViewImageColumn.  The data returned from the proc is of Integer type.  What I'm looking for is comparing the value (0 or greater than 0), whereas if 0, hide the image, if greater than 0, show the image.

So, given that, my first question is, how do I associate or add the image/png for the column/cell and how and when do I interrogate the bound data to show the image if greater than 0.

Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks
Bob
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
1 answer
115 views
hi
I have a problem with raddock .

How can I disable the activation of the menustrip, in other words, disable the  function.

Please refer to the attached picture showing this problem.

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
1 answer
238 views
Hi,

I am using the "GridViewComboBoxColumn" in the radgrid win forms. I have created a type of GridViewComboBoxColumn and added it to radgridview.

            gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2.FieldName = "Data Base No";
            gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2.Name = "DataBaseNoCombo";
            gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2.HeaderText = "Data Base Num";
            gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2.DataSource = GetUserGrpData;
            gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2.DisplayMember = "DBNumber";
            gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2.ValueMember = "UserGroupID";
            this.radGridViewUserGroup.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(gridViewDDLCombbxColumn2);

I am facing an issue when setting a default value or value from database to GridViewComboBoxColumn and while updating also I am not able to read the selected value from the GridViewComboBoxColumn.

For E.G:
this.radDdlDn.SelectedValue = currentRow.Cells["UserID"].Value;
The above statement can be used to assign the value to radDropdownlist.

String strddlValue=this.radDdlDn.selectedItem.Text
The above statement can be used to read the selected value from radDropdownlist.

Similarly how can we  perform the same operation with GridViewComboBoxColumn in radGridview

Thanks in advance
Shiva



Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

The latest version really speeds things up and now I can give my students all themes in a little solution I have made. Thank you!

There are some problems still with 2007 Black. Selecting it causes a failed to load 2007Black.tssp error. 

Would you mind checking in on that.

Thank you 

Karl
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
1 answer
75 views
Hey, 
I've added the "TelerikMetroBlue" theme to a control, but in the popup list it doesn't show it.
I've typed "TelerikMetroBlue" and run the app, the form uses the theme, except the form bar (the one with the form name, close button etc) is still in the default theme.

when i use:
ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "TelerikMetroBlue";
everything apper correctly.

so, the question is why doesn't it apper in the popup list, and why when inserted manually to a form it doesn't effect it's bar

Thanks,
Nadav
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
1 answer
91 views
Hello,
I want to move row cursor to new row.
it's index is -1 , and so i can not move cursor to that row.

Thanks lot.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
2 answers
144 views
Hello,

I have a custom appointment class where I am setting the AllowDelete property to false.
I have set up the mapping like so:
appointmentMappingInfo.AllowDelete = "AllowDelete"


When I only this appointment in the edit dialog, the "Delete" button is disabled as expected.

But, when I press the "Del" key on the RadScheduler itself, the AllowDelete is ignored and the appointment is deleted.

I have worked around it by checking for the AllowDelete state myself in the AppointmentDeleting event:
Private Sub ArcoriScheduler_AppointmentDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.SchedulerAppointmentCancelEventArgs) Handles Me.AppointmentDeleting
 
        If e.Appointment.AllowDelete Then
            ' The RadScheduler does not prompt for series or instance when deleting an appointment with recurrence,
            ' which is how Outlook behaves: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/winforms/11810
            If e.Appointment.MasterEvent IsNot Nothing Then
                Dim confirmDlg As New RecurringAppointmentDeleteDialog
                confirmDlg.AppointmentName = e.Appointment.Summary
                Dim result As DialogResult = confirmDlg.ShowDialog()
                If result = DialogResult.OK Then
                    If confirmDlg.DeleteType = RecurringAppointmentDeleteDialog.eDeleteType.Series Then
                        Me.Appointments.Remove(e.Appointment.MasterEvent)
                        e.Cancel = True
                    End If
                Else
                    e.Cancel = True
                End If
            End If
        Else
            e.Cancel = True
        End If


But this seems like a bug.

I have looked at the RadScheduler source code and can see no reference to AllowDelete in RadScheduler.cs.
I do see the AllowDelete handling in EditRecurrenceDialog.cs to disable the Delete button.


Thanks.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
5 answers
316 views
Hello telerik
I have minor problem with radgridview for winforms...

private void radGridView1_CellDoubleClick_1(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellEventArgs e)
{
    int rIdx = e.RowIndex;
    string cn= "";
    
    if
(e != null)
    {
        cn= radGridView1.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[0].Value.ToString();

    }
    
    AForm 
af = new AForm(cn);
    
af.ShowDialog();

    
radGridView1.MasterGridViewInfo.UpdateView(true);
}

I want that the AForm closed, then radGridView1 refresh...

Can you give any idea?...


 

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
99 views
Hi everyone! Need helps

I have problem when I am working on multicombobox of teleirk.
That problem is: I create a linq query "linqquery" and then multicombobox.datasource= linqquery

i used selected change event. but i did not work when i select first record in the first time.
att: I selected second record and select first record again -> it worked. I didn't know why?

Thank you
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?