Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
5 answers
415 views
I have a grid with column6 being a combobox.   Using Q212 c#.  I want to programmatically load vaules into the combobox during form load.  I cannot seem to find a method to do this.  I see examples when one is creating the column on the fly, but my columns are already defined.  Also how do select a default value to show in the combobox. 

I also want to have another column in the same grid to be a calculation based on other cells in the same row.   How do I go about that?


Why won't this code fill a gridview that has 4 decimal controls?

decimal[] row31 = new decimal[] { 1, 120, 1000, 100 };

decimal[] row32 = new decimal[] { 2, 120, 1000, 100 };

decimal[] row33 = new decimal[] { 3, 120, 1000, 100 };

object[] rows3 = new object[] { row31, row32, row33 };

foreach (decimal[] rowArray in rows3)

{

radGridView1.Rows.Add(rowArray);

}



Thanks in advance.


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2012
0 answers
100 views
Hello,
could someone please help on this small problem,
when a RadTogglebutton is clicked , how to keep the ToggleState 'on' AND button unclickable while a boolean is true.


thank you in advance
suren.
Suren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Sep 2012
1 answer
196 views
Hi all,
 I have a weird thing that is happening with the CellEditorInitialized event for the RadGrid.  When I have a grid that has information saved in a database, then populate the grid with data from that database so that a use can view and change any of the information, this event, which I subscribe to, fires.  IF however, I present a blank grid to the user, so that the user can choose data to fill in the rows of a grid, the event does NOT fire and I cannot fire off logic I need.  Has anyone encountered this and if so, how did you overcome it?

The Grid has 8 visible columns, of which columns 1, 3,4,5,6 and 8 are drop down list that are populated by datatables gotten from the backend database. 

Thanks,
Eric
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
1 answer
86 views
Hi,
I got a new problem in my winform application after a framework version migration (3.5 to 4.0) and I did lost all visual effects for gridviews (Mouseover, row selection, etc.) it look likes the grid have been disabled but it's not. It look ok on design time but the issue appears on runtime. I do not use theme i usually use controldefault theme. I did try to edit UI elements directly but got this error :
{"Index was out of range. Should not be negative and must be less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index "}
Stack Trace:
   à System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   à Telerik.WinControls.RadElementCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   à ShowPurchasesOrders.InitializeComponent() dans C:\DparsDevelopment\DPARS_POS_WinClient\ShowPurchasesOrders.Designer.vb:ligne 188
   à ShowPurchasesOrders..ctor()
   à Temp.SP_PopupClicked() dans C:\DparsDevelopment\DPARS_POS_WinClient\Temp.vb:ligne 26

Thanks
Alex
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
1 answer
101 views
Hi,
I am working in winforms telerik controls. I have created custom shape for radbutton in my form but, whenever am running the application, the custom shape is not coming. Only default shape is coming. how to work out this.

Note: I edited the button shape in smart tag -> edit UI elements ->radButton elements -> shape property ->new custom shape.


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
5 answers
335 views
Hi,

I have used the telerik Metro Blue theme and customized whole theme, But I am not able to change the Arrows for the TreeView Nodes. Am attaching a screenshot of the treeview for which my theme should be look like this.

please suggest me the how to get the Treeview look as per the attachment.


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
1 answer
111 views
Hi

I just discovered it's not possible to do what I originally wanted, so Im just going to tell what exactly I want to accomplish

1. Fill the content of a radgridview to the edges so I don't have empty space between the tablecontent and the tableborders, here's an ugly ascii representation
______________________________
|[column][column](space space space)|
|[cell......][cell......](space space space)|
|[cell......][cell......](space space space)|
|[cell......][cell......](space space space)|
|(space space space space space sp)|
|(space space space space space sp)|
|(space space space space space sp)|
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
instead I want the columns to stretch and empty rows be displayed instead of a white background, kinda like this
______________________________
|[column got stretched][column stretch]|
|[Cell stretched with it..][this cell too.....]|
|[Cell stretched with it..][this cell too.....]|
|[Cell with no data, it ju][st looks like....]| (...there's a row but all the cells have a white background)
|[Cell with no data, it ju][st looks like....]|
|[Cell with no data, it ju][st looks like....]|
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

2. I have a list of custom data objects (List<someObject>) basically I want it to automatically figure out that some properties goes to specific cells and others aren't shown, so if I have.
public class SomeObject
{
public string showthisString;
public DateTime showThisDate;
public int showThisInt;
public string dontshowthisstring;
public decimal showThisDec;
public int dontshowthisint;
}
and I create some columns I want to map showthisString to the column "MyAwesomeColumn" and showThisInt to "AwesomePoints". I am expecting code like this
public void InSomeMethod()
{
  DataTextColumn AwesomeCol = new DataTextColumn("UniquelyAwesome","who's awesome?") //uniquename, headerText
  AwesomeCol.readOnly=true; //if I wanted it readonly that is, just to display some sort of functionality change
  RadGridView grid; //for code block highlighting
  grid.Columns.Add(AwesomeCol)
  grid.Link.Link("showThisString","UniquelyAwesome");//when databinding it will find the showthisString property and map it to the column that has a uniquename of UniquelyAwesome
}

.net 4.0 and latest C# vs 2010
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
1 answer
172 views
In the API Reference the following GridViewMaskBoxColumn properties need their descriptions fixed:

 Mask            Gets or sets the mask for the GridViewImageColumn.  
 MaskType    Gets or sets the mask type for the GridViewImageColumn. 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
3 answers
798 views
Hi,

the MasterGridViewTemplate is marked as obsolete so I tried to use the
MasterTemplate property inside the designer. But this is not possible because
the new MasterTemplate property is also marked as not browsable. Why is it not
allowed to this property inside the designer any more.

Regards
Martin
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
4 answers
498 views
I have a grid view bound to a stored procedure.  The question is how do I pass a parameter to the stored procedure at run time, for instance on load or on the click of a button?  I'm using visual basic.

Thanks,
Tom
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?