Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
563 views
how do I add a border to selected RadLabels?
I am skinning the entire Winforms app with Desert
the following routine only seems to expand the size of the label
Public Sub BorderStyleLabel(ByRef rdLabel As RadLabel)
    Dim labelBorder As BorderPrimitive
    labelBorder = DirectCast(rdLabel.LabelElement.Children(1), BorderPrimitive)
    labelBorder.BoxStyle = BorderBoxStyle.SingleBorder
    labelBorder.BackColor = Color.Chocolate
    labelBorder.Width = 1
End Sub
I am hoping to find kode to mimic BorderStyle=FixedSingle
Elliott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
2 answers
178 views
I am replacing as many Microsoft controls with Telerik Winforms controls in order to prepare for a move to Windows 8
the app uses Microsoft Ink
the Telerik textbox doesn't seem to want to hook up with Ink
here's the kode
myInkCollector = New InkCollector(Me.txtSignature.Handle)
myInkCollector.DefaultDrawingAttributes.Width = ThinInkWidth
myInkCollector.Enabled = True
if txtSignature is a Microsoft textbox it works
if it is a RadTextBox it doesn't
Elliott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
155 views
I'm trying to get some standard Winforms code moved over to use the Telerik library. It's hard to figure out how to move over standard combobox code. In my standard combobox code, I could simply handle the "SelectedValueChanged" event. This event is only fired when the user actually selects a value (i.e. clicks or presses 'Enter'), even in auto-complete mode.

For the Telerik "RadDropDownList", the "SelectedValueChanged" event fires every time the user moves the cursor down a list of matching items. To me, this seems wrong. The selected value is not changed yet, not until the user presses 'Enter' or clicks the mouse on a particular item. Nevertheless, right or wrong, is there an optimal way to make a "RadDropDownList" work like a combobox? I really won't want to write hundreds of lines of code to handle every variation of key and mouse clicks to try and figure out what the user is doing.

More generally, is there any guide or cookbook that shows a person what is involved with changing each type of standard Windows control over to the corresponding Telerik control? This would be really useful. It took me an entire day to figure out that a Telerik "RadSplitButton" isn't really a true split button (i.e the same functionality as a button and a drop-down menu button), but is more simplistic, sort of a "menu item button". The best way to port code from Windows split buttons to Telerik without losing functionality is to use a separate RadButton and a separate RadDropDownButton. Some sort of guide book would be immensely helpful.

Thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
5 answers
163 views
Hi,

My grid has been grouped and ShowTotals is true.  I need not display totals for all columns.  I need to display show totals only for specific fields.  Request you to let me know if i need to set any properties or write any events to get this feature.

Thanks in advance.
RS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
2 answers
120 views
And also a question how to create header for the chart?

I'm trying to add radchartview to my form but manually(without using toolbox).
But when I run my application and when I press button to call my form with radchartview I've got messagebox with 
telerik.wincontrols.radelement.backgroundshape.

What's the problem? My code in initializecomponent
this.radChartView1 = new RadChartView();
((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.radChartView1)).BeginInit();
 
this.SuspendLayout();
 
this.radChartView1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(592, 336);
this.radChartView1.TabIndex = 10;
this.radChartView1.Name = "radChartView1";
this.radChartView1.AutoScroll = true;
this.radChartView1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 0);
this.radChartView1.Anchor =
    ((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles)((((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Top | System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Bottom)
    | System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Left)
    | System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Right)));
this.ClientSize = new Size(592, 373);
this.Controls.Add(this.radChartView1);
this.Name = "KLDChart";
this.Text = "KLDReport";
this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.KLDChart_Load);
this.Controls.SetChildIndex(this.radChartView1, 0);
((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.radChartView1)).EndInit();
this.ResumeLayout(false);
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
238 views
Due to some limitations and issues with the Winform version of RadSpellChecker I started investigating using the WPF version instead through an ElementHost. 
I discovered that I didn't need the ElementHost and that I could get the WPF RadSpellChecker to take my text and "pop up" by doing the following:
  • Added Reference to "Telerik.Windows.Documents.Proofing"
  • Added Using of "Telerik.Windows.Controls"
  • Created WPF Textbox like so --> var txtControl = new System.Windows.Controls.TextBox();
  • Assigned some test text to it --> txtControl.Text = "This isn't speelt rite.";
  • Ran the static Check() method --> RadSpellChecker.Check(txtControl, SpellCheckingMode.AllAtOnce);

This almost works, I get the SpellCheck window with my text in it but there aren't any words in the dictionary.  Because of the way I'm doing it would I need to add the base English Dictionary back in?  Am I making some other rookie mistake?  Attached is an image of what I am seeing and below is the simple code snippet in it's entirety.

var txtControl=new System.Windows.Controls.TextBox();
txtControl.Text="This isn't speelt rite.";
RadSpellChecker.Check(txtControl, SpellCheckingMode.AllAtOnce);


P.S. I didn't know if this belonged in the Winform or WPF forum, sorry.

Iva Toteva
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
1 answer
143 views
I'm currently evaluating the RadListView in detail view and am getting a nullreference at runtime if I set the width of a column to anything other than the default 200 width. For instance if I go into the designer code and comment the offending line: "listViewDetailColumn1.Width = 100F;" then it works fine with no runtime errors. With that line in the code I get the nullreference error. This is using VS2010 and .Net 4.0.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
1 answer
867 views
Hello, 

In fact, I use the SplitContainer to have a nice layout on my form and I block the Minimum & Maximum size of a lot of SplitPanel.
So I don't need to display the So I don't need to display the Splitter.

On this link : http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/splitcontainer-overview.html We can see the splitter in bleu. How can I set it to invisible? Or to the same color than the background? 

Thank you
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
7 answers
451 views
Is there a way to have the appointment items on the calendar have their own context menu? We want to allow the users to right-click to delete, copy, etc. the appointment.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
1 answer
160 views
Hello,

I´m using the SelectedObject property of the RadPropertyGrid control. The object that is being passing to, is a simple class with several basic data types properties. Getters of these properties are communicating with an instrument through tcp/ip in order to read its real values.

I have observed that every user action on the control (like a resizing RadPropertyGrid control itself or scrolling its vertical bar or even resizing the help section at the botton of the control) causes that getters of this underlaying class are called again and again.

How could I address this behavior?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?