This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Theme issues on version 2012.2.608.20

4 Answers 123 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 18 Jul 2012, 01:47 AM
Hi all,

I've just upgraded my telerik winform components libraries to version 2012.2.608.20 and encountered some issues related to telerik theme. There are 2 issues that emerged:
  1. I have a project that uses splash screen (I use telerik form and other telerik controls inside the splash screen). I used to use ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName property on my Form.Load handler to set theme for entire application and it worked fine. But now it always  throws InvalidOperationException that says "Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'SplashScreen1' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on.". I also try not to use telerik controls on my splash screen but it works fine. It looks like the theme engine tries to change the theme of the telerik controls inside the splash screen. 
  2. In designer environment I used to be able to change the controls' ThemeName property to for instance "TelerikMetro" as long as I have "TelerikMetro" theme component placed inside my main form. But now the property doesn't show "TelerikMetro" option even if I have placed "TelerikMetro" theme component inside my main form.

Is there any solution to handle this issues? 

Thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2012, 09:57 AM
Hello David,

We know about the described issues and I can confirm that they appear when using the Q2 2012 version. The issues will be addressed in our upcoming service pack which is planned for the end of the month. If they are a show stopper for you, you can download the latest internal build where they are also addressed, through our Visual Studio Extensions.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 01:07 AM
Ok.. I'll wait for the service pack.

Thank you
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2012, 12:15 PM
When will this Service Pack be available?

Stefan
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2012, 12:40 PM
Hi guys,

Service Pack 1 of Q2 2012 was released the last Friday and is publicly available for download. You can find the release notes of the SP1 here.

Greetings,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 1