Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
142 views
Is there a right click/context menu available for the Rich text box?  If so where can I find the documentation?

Alan
Chris Ward
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Sep 2012
3 answers
169 views
Hi there,

I must be missing something but I cannot get my data elements to bind.

My code is quite straightforward.

I have two data readers :

Dim myCommand1 As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("prcAccess_GetHeaderTransactionList", myConnection1)
myCommand1.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
myConnection1.Open()
Dim myreader1 As SqlDataReader = myCommand1.ExecuteReader()

Dim myCommand3 As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("prcAccess_GetDetailTransactionListByAccountNo", myConnection3)
myCommand3.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
myConnection3.Open()
Dim myreader3 As SqlDataReader = myCommand3.ExecuteReader()


The first has a field "ST_ORDER_NUMBER" the second has one called "OH_ORDER_NUMBER"

I use the following code to bind and relate :

RadGridView3.DataSource = myreader1
Dim template As New GridViewTemplate()
template.DataSource = myreader3
RadGridView3.MasterTemplate.Templates.Add(template)
Dim relation As New GridViewRelation(RadGridView3.MasterTemplate)
relation.ChildTemplate = template
relation.RelationName = "OrderNumber"
relation.ParentColumnNames.Add("ST_ORDER_NUMBER")
relation.ChildColumnNames.Add("OH_ORDER_NUMBER")
RadGridView3.Relations.Add(relation)


Everything looks ok. But the the detail items are not displaying.

What am I missing?

Cheers

Tox
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2012
1 answer
244 views
Hi,

I am using v.2012.2.726.40 and note there are a number of other queries regarding memory allocation with RadDock on here but can't find anything that quite matches my question.

I have a RadDock control that contains DockWindows. These are left as default except CloseAction is DockWindowCloseAction.CloseAndDispose

The problem I am experiencing is when I close any window via the drop down menu on the RadDock (Close, Close All But This, Close This) the tab closes, the Closing and Closed events are fired (which perform some bespoke clean up) and the memory for the window is released. When I close the window by clicking the "x" on the window, again the Closing and Closed events fire, however the memory is does not appear to be released.

I am unable to trace any difference between the two operations, so could you let me know whether the close is performed any differently depending on whether initiated from the menu or the close icon?

Many thanks,

Mark.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2012
2 answers
273 views
Hi,

How to change the GridViewHeaderCellElement Mouse hover Color through code Instead of using style builder. Please help on this very urgent.

Rangadurai
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
6 answers
190 views
I have just recently upgraded a winform .net solution to the Q2 2012 sp1 version.  I am now receive this error on many different gridviews on many different forms.  I cannot reproduce the error on every machine, or in every instance.  But it is happening with high frequency.  Anyone have any ideas on this?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.CellAccessibleObject.owner_CellBeginEdit(Object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellCancelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnCellBeginEdit(Object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.EventDispatcher.RaiseEvent[T](Object eventKey, Object sender, T args)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.BeginEdit()
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseUpLeft(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.CellAccessibleObject.owner_CellBeginEdit(Object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellCancelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnCellBeginEdit(Object sender, GridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.EventDispatcher.RaiseEvent[T](Object eventKey, Object sender, T args)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.BeginEdit()
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseUpLeft(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
2 answers
239 views
After insert text 
 radRichTextBox1.Document = new RadDocument();
            radRichTextBox1.Document.Insert(radListControl2.SelectedItem.ToString(), radRichTextBox1.Document.Style)

the selection go end of text, how to select the start text?
Missing User
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
6 answers
604 views
i added the combobox column in gridview. Have to load the combobox values based on the criteria. That criteria value comes from another cell of the grid.Please help me on this.(urgent)
Have to bind different datasource for each row combobox column in the grid.

thanks for support.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
1 answer
108 views
Hi,

I think I found a bug in the RadForm control. The form resizes when I compile.

Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new project
- Create a new RadForm Form1
- Create another RadForm Form2, which inherits from Form1
- Set the FormBorderStyle of Form2 to None
- Add, for example, a PictureBox to the bottomright of Form2
- Compile and you will see that the size of the form changes

How to solve this? Thank you in advance.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
1 answer
385 views
Hi,

I have added a toolwindow in raddock. I have to perform some additional functionalities on click to close button ,Please let me know which event is fired when close button is clicked for tool window (in docked state and floating state both)


Thanks In advance !!!

Regards,

Anjali Bansal
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
1 answer
200 views
Hello,

I installed new Winforms 2012 Q2 SP1 package and i have found the following problem.
Texts of documentTabs are misplaced in metro style, when i order them to left.
I attached the error screens.

Could you help me?

Thank you

Csaba
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?