Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
303 views
I would like to programmatically expand and collapse a RadPageViewPage.  How do I do that?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2012
1 answer
123 views
Hi guys, we developed an application and we are having some issues with the visual update. It's a windows form application and we integrated some WinForm telerik and recently some wpf. I'm pretty sure the problem is not coming from telerik but maybe you guys can give us a cue where to look at. So what we see is that half the time we stop moving the mouse over the application any visual will stop updating... any tooltip will stop fading in or out... any menu will stop fading in or out ... any animation in wpf will stop updating... anything stops... one fugly fix we found is to put a timer on the application and set the position of the mouse at it's current position... The process is still working though... Any input will be much appreciated!! Thanks a lot.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2012
5 answers
472 views
Hello,

I'd like to put an image in the header row cell above the "current row indicator" column (see attached image).

I was able to do this while running the RadControls for WindForms demo application and using the RadControl Spy tool but need help in accessing the correct element in my code.

Thanks,
Chet
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2012
3 answers
215 views
I have an issue with loading forms in the Dock

When I use MDI they load poroperly. On being told to drop the MDI overhead the forms load off to the bottm right of the screen
Please help what is wrong with the code. 

MDI loader
Shared Sub dockMDIForm(ByVal mydockableform As Form)
  
        'Check if form already in Dock
        Dim hw As HostWindow = frmMain.radDockMain.GetHostWindow(mydockableform)
  
        If Not hw Is Nothing Then
            'Just show the window
            frmMain.radDockMain.ActiveWindow = hw
        Else
  
            'Create a new instance of the Form & add to dock
            mydockableform.MdiParent = frmMain
            mydockableform.Show()
  
            'frmMain.radDockMain.DockControl(mydockableform, DockPosition.Fill, DockType.Document)
            hw = frmMain.radDockMain.GetHostWindow(mydockableform)
  
            frmMain.radDockMain.ActiveWindow = hw
  
        End If
  
    End Sub



Document loader
Shared Sub dockForm(ByVal myForm As Form)
  
        myForm.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None
        myForm.TopLevel = False
        myForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized
  
        'Check if form already in Dock
        Dim hw As HostWindow = frmMain.radDockMain.GetHostWindow(myForm)
    
        If Not hw Is Nothing Then
            'Just show the window
            frmMain.radDockMain.ActiveWindow = hw
        Else
             'Create a new document
            Dim docWindow As DocumentWindow = New DocumentWindow()
            docWindow.Controls.Add(myForm)
    
            'add to Dock
            With frmMain.radDockMain
                .AddDocument(docWindow, DockPosition.Fill)
                .ActiveWindow = docWindow
            End With
  
            docWindow.DockTabStrip.PerformLayout()
        End If
    End Sub
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2012
2 answers
359 views
I've been playing around with RadDock and not been able to get my head around this control...

Here is my scenario( bit simplyfied):

I've got a RadDock, which I add usercontrols to:

UserControlPlugInDemo ucpid = new UserControlPlugInDemo();
DockPosition dockTo = DockPosition.Fill;
this.radDock1.DockControl(ucpid, dockTo, DockType.Document);

Then, when a user click on a button in one of these, to open a map, I add a new tab containing map with DockPosition.Right.
This works fine.

But next time I add a usercontrol, I want it to Fill(like merging Map with the others tabs), but it adds to the active DockWindow, either o the right or left.

Any tip would be apreciated!
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2012
1 answer
409 views
OK,

What I thought would be simple is beginning to trouble me.  I've read the documentation and what I gather is that you load / import the HTML formatted text into a RadDocument and then set the RadRichTextBox Document property to equal that of the RadDocument you created.

Here is my simple code.
(This code works, but what I see is not the formatted text FROM the HTML string, but I'm just seeing the HTML string itself)... (Please Help)

//HTML Import
 
HtmlFormatProvider msgHTML = new HtmlFormatProvider();
RadDocument tempDoc = msgHTML.Import(this.scMsg.messageText.ToString());
this.msgContent.Document = tempDoc; // msgContent is the instance of RadRichTextBox

As I said, this compiles but instead of me seeing the formatted view, all that comes up is the Actual HTML code.

Thanks and I hope someone can help,

Cedric
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2012
1 answer
221 views
Hi

How can i add a custom papersize to papersizes ?
or use ChangePageSize t0 600*300 pixels

Best regards 


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2012
2 answers
168 views
Hi all, i am working with RadTreeView control and want to get selectedNode when some was selected. I know that it is possible to get this node by using radTreeView.SelectedNode property, but i wanted to data bind this property and work directly with bound logic object. My question, is it possible to data bind selectedNode property in winforms and if yes, how can i do this ?

Thank in advance :)

Iliya
Iliya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2012
1 answer
126 views
Hi all.

Currently I'm working on a planning module. To display the different shifts of the employees I'm using recurring appointments.

In the Timeline view I would like to color the background of the scheduler cell instead of displaying the recurring appointment. I'm trying to get this done in the AppointmentFormatting event, because that's where I have all the information I need to achieve this. But I can't figure out how to get the CellElement of that day. 

So is there a way of getting a cell element for the appointment?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
1 answer
207 views
Hi All,

I have Treeview in my project with "multiSelect" property to true. I have enable drag and drop for my Treeview. But my issue is, before drag and drop the node I need to click the node to select unlike windows file system you can just drag and drop particular file without first selecting it.

When I take mouse hover to node (which is not selected) and push and hold the left button and trying to drag, it will just select the node and not dragging the node.

Please help me to find out what wrong with that?

Thanks
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?