Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
6 answers
156 views
Hi, 
  I am evaluating gridview for winforms. I tried but couldnt get it workings ...here is that couple of things i would like to do (very keyboard intensive data entry) all operations performed using keyboard,no mouse at all
  1. Validate a cell after data entry and if validation fails keep the focus in the same cell . escape should remove that row
   2. after entering data for the last cell,add a new row and keep focus on the first cell in the newly added row and repeat this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

s
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
9 answers
521 views
Hi, i want to add a legend to RadChartView. How?

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
3 answers
171 views
Dear Sir,
 please tell me if i install .dll references
 to this path C:\Windows folder then how my distributed Application .exe file use or read its resource means i am not include  telerik .dll
(example -- Telerik.WinControls.Themes.Office2010BlackTheme.dll ) file resource to my project bin folder ..i am doing WinForm Project on using C#. please give me a suggestion and sorry for my bad english.
and many many thanks for you and your all team members for giving us that type of beautiful WinForm controls.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
1 answer
241 views
Hello,

I have a radmenu control which has sub items.
When I am using certain font (like: Arial) the items has different alignment  (as you can see in the attach file).
Is there a way to make the alignment of all the items to the same start position.

Thanks.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
1 answer
238 views

I have a number of questions and problems with RadDock control, that I hope to solve with your help.

It is desirable to solve those problems by code or by VS designer, not by dealing with themes, if it is possible.

The RadDock in the picture is placed on some parent control, while tollstrip area is set to transparent and border size is 0.

1. RTL problem (1 in picture attached).

As it shown in the picture the tab borders are not drawn correctly.

The next solution can be acceptable for it. If it is impossible to solve it in RTL mode, may be tabs alignment can be set in LTR mode to the right side?

2. Can be the shifting of the tabs from right reduced to zero (2)?

3. Can the appearance of the tabs be changed programmatically or by designer or by owner draw to the something like this (3), including text color, text padding, tab width?

4. Can be 2 custom buttons added to the tab strip programmatically or by designer in the style like (4), one for the open tabs list and the other for closing of all opened tabs?

May the standard existing buttons (that are not shown in the picture) adapted in this way?

Can be any control be added to the tab strip area?

5. Can the appearance of tab close button be changed like (5): border, icon, disabled without hidden?

6. Can be the reordering of tabs be prevented?

7. And the colors of tab groups managed programmatically set like it is done in Internet Explorer?

Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
9 answers
1.1K+ views
Hi All,

I have a strange issue which I'm hoping someone knows how to fix...

I have a winforms custom control that uses the RadScheduler and RadCalender controls. I originally had a couple of the Office 2010 themes added to the project and these have been removed as the built in colors work just fine. As far as I can see I have removed all references to these themes.
My project copies the Telerik DLLs locally as the clients will not have the Telerik controls instaleld on them.

However, I have built my control in release mode in VS 2010 and copied all the files to a test client machine, and when my control comes to load, I get the following error, and the the application closes:

"The type initializer for 'Telerik.Controls.ThemeResolutionService' threw an exception"

I am doing a tiny bit of custom coloring on the calendar control, but nothing involving styles or themes. Only when I reset the control do I do anything that might call this. This section of code is shown below...

Can anyone tell me how I get around this, or have any suggestions as to what I could do to try to fix it? I've already searched for why this could be happening, but can't seem to find anything I haven't already tried.
private void Calendar_ElementRender(object sender, RenderElementEventArgs e)
{
    if (Calendar.SpecialDays.Contains(e.Day, new MyComparer()))
    {
        e.Element.NumberOfColors = 1;
        e.Element.BackColor = Color.Orange;
        e.Element.BorderColor = Color.DarkBlue;
    }
    else
    {
        e.Element.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.NumberOfColorsProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
        e.Element.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.BackColorProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
        e.Element.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.BorderColorProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
    }
}

Thanks,
Karl

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
5 answers
123 views
Hi all,
When I use a comboboxColumn, it opens when I hit the F4. The DateTimeColumn doesn't, but I think it should follow the same behavior as a regular combo. This is hard to explain to a user...

Regards,
Martin
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
3 answers
204 views
I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but how do I control the shape and color of the scrollbars in the RadScrollablePanel? I cannot seem to access the scroll bars to style them the way I would like. The example in the top left corner of this page is exactly what I am looking for:

http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/panels-and-labels-radscrollablepanel-overview.html

Thanks,

G
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
2 answers
159 views
For a particular textbox cell I'd like to catch the F4 key to open a popup window with a selection list. This, in itself, works fine. But I need the contents of the cell. So I get the cell value like this:
            Dim ThisRow As GridViewRowInfo = grdPositionen.MasterView.CurrentRow
            Dim Filter As String = ""
            If ThisRow.Cells(1).Value IsNot Nothing Then
                Filter = ThisRow.Cells(1).Value.ToString.Trim
                ....
But for some strange reason I don't get the actual contents of the cell, but the original contents instead. In other words; when the user just typed something else there, it's not in the Value property. How do I get the actual contents of the cell?

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
6 answers
232 views
I used code from example and got error when trying to add a new appointment.

Thank for you help...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Guid' to type 'System.IConvertible'.Couldn't store <5303d57e-81d4-4399-9b50-cbade2462a09> in ID Column.  Expected type is Int32.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?